LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

It was BSR Timer. After updating to ZVD from ZVC, it defaulted to 3000 when the correct BSR Timer is actually 3. Oops!

This OTA looks kind of small. Was hoping for something a bit bigger (WiFi Calling, or G3 UI.) I guess one can dream, can't I? :P

EDIT: If you take the OTA, can you compare Baseband versions? Mine on ZVD is currently M8974A-AAAANAZM-2.0.20046. Wondering if we got an entirely new Baseband as this version matches ZVC, too.

It actually showed 3 when you did *view but when you went to edit, it was clearly wrong, at 3000. If I update today or soon, I'll look at that baseband for you man.
  • Like 2

Wonder if the LTE updates in ZVE are just the previously known BSRtimer issue or if there is more?

Wonder if the LTE updates in ZVE are just the previously known BSRtimer issue or if there is more?

Hopefully we can find out if Baseband is newer or not.  Sometimes that can change power consumption by radio or add extra juice for better performance.  Baseband is closed source but we can at least see if the version is different.

Hopefully we can find out if Baseband is newer or not.  Sometimes that can change power consumption by radio or add extra juice for better performance.  Baseband is closed source but we can at least see if the version is different.

So this pass week I finally updated from JB and my phone was getting hung up on 3G. I let it sit one night to see if it would flip to LTE and 5 hours later it was still camping on 3G. I knew there was the fix for it but couldn't remember where it was but you guys just reassured me that it was the BSRTimer. Sure as hell it was sitting on 3000. We will test again tonight.

So this pass week I finally updated from JB and my phone was getting hung up on 3G. I let it sit one night to see if it would flip to LTE and 5 hours later it was still camping on 3G. I knew there was the fix for it but couldn't remember where it was but you guys just reassured me that it was the BSRTimer. Sure as hell it was sitting on 3000. We will test again tonight.

I was going to try and set my BSR Timer down to 3 instead of 3000, but can't seem to get my MSL number.  I tried ##443336772#

with no luck.  Any other way to get the MSL code?

I was going to try and set my BSR Timer down to 3 instead of 3000, but can't seem to get my MSL number. I tried ##443336772#

with no luck. Any other way to get the MSL code?

Only way I know after jellybean is to call Sprint. I never forgot mine once I had it.

I was going to try and set my BSR Timer down to 3 instead of 3000, but can't seem to get my MSL number.  I tried ##443336772#

with no luck.  Any other way to get the MSL code?

That dialer code was disabled with the ZVC or ZVD update. Shame. Only other way I know of is to ask Sprint for it. But I've never had much luck that way. 

It was BSR Timer. After updating to ZVD from ZVC, it defaulted to 3000 when the correct BSR Timer is actually 3. Oops!

This OTA looks kind of small. Was hoping for something a bit bigger (WiFi Calling, or G3 UI.) I guess one can dream, can't I? :P

EDIT: If you take the OTA, can you compare Baseband versions? Mine on ZVD is currently M8974A-AAAANAZM-2.0.20046. Wondering if we got an entirely new Baseband as this version matches ZVC, too.

Same baseband after ZVE OTA
  • Like 2

Same baseband after ZVE OTA

Wow, such a disappointment.  My call success rate hovers around 50% at home and not to include Wifi calling on this update is really sad.  Honestly,  no excuses especially since the LG Flex has it and essentially the same internals.   Network vision needs to be finished already.  

So if it's the same baseband does that mean it still takes forever to switch back over to lte when it goes to 3g

Did you change your BSRTimer to fix the typo issue?

Wow, such a disappointment. My call success rate hovers around 50% at home and not to include Wifi calling on this update is really sad. Honestly, no excuses especially since the LG Flex has it and essentially the same internals. Network vision needs to be finished already.

Agreed. All the towers around us are updated and it did not help much. Have to rely on an Airave at home. I updated to the g3 and passed on the g2 to my husband with the expectation we would both have wifi calling. Does it look like that's going to happen.

Agreed. All the towers around us are updated and it did not help much. Have to rely on an Airave at home. I updated to the g3 and passed on the g2 to my husband with the expectation we would both have wifi calling. Does it look like that's going to happen.

It's pretty easy to set up a Sprint account with Google Voice. Once you have that you can use the hangouts dialer for WiFi calling and calls over LTE.
  • Like 1

Figures..., spouse takes the update and installs it and naturally loses root. :rolleyes::wall:

Ha ha! Well, if that's the worst that happened, then no biggy. Willing to bet ioroot or stump will work on it. I've been busy all day and no time to even look at this yet.

I've been having issues with my LG G2 where people can't hear me or barely hear me with static interference etc. when I first receive a call after awhile or I make the call despite great reception. I can hear them perfectly loud and clear. If I hang up and call them back immediately, it will always correct the problem and now they can hear me loud and clear. It's almost as if there is delay to activating the microphone properly and therefore subsequent calls work properly after the microphone activation had a chance to actually catch up and then on. This is similar to previous described issues with the G2 microphone but different in that it works properly if I hang up and call back immediately. I don't remember having this specific issues before (Although I had significant triband issues that have improved but not completely). It started maybe a few weeks ago at no specific tower locations. My G2 is stock, with only apps from the playstore. Not sure if it's a Sprint network issue or a phone software or phone hardware issue. Testing on voice recording appears to work properly. Anybody else have this problem? Any fix? I'm about to dump LG and Sprint...

Edited by Medalot

I've been having issues with my LG G2 where people can't hear me or barely hear me with static interference etc. when I first receive a call after awhile or I make the call despite great reception. I can hear them perfectly loud and clear. If I hang up and call them back immediately, it will always correct the problem and now they can hear me loud and clear. It's almost as if there is delay to activating the microphone properly and therefore subsequent calls work properly after the microphone activation had a chance to actually catch up and then on. This is similar to previous described issues with the G2 microphone but different in that it works properly if I hang up and call back immediately. I don't remember having this specific issues before (Although I had significant triband issues that have improved but not completely). It started maybe a few weeks ago at no specific tower locations. My G2 is stock, with only apps from the playstore. Not sure if it's a Sprint network issue or a phone software or phone hardware issue. Testing on voice recording appears to work properly. Anybody else have this problem? Any fix? I'm about to dump LG and Sprint...

That may be a network issue. I've been having similar issues around the Harrisburg PA area. When I place or receive a call there can be a call connection and no sound or very low volume to the point where I can't hear the other party. Disconnecting and calling back (sometimes multiple times) will fix the problem.

At first I thought it was my phone going bad; I was using a Samsung Galaxy Mega at the time. I swapped out the phone to a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and still had the problem. Not wanting to live life with a single band device, I swapped the Note 3 out for my LG G2 - still have the problem. Currently using an LG G3 and still have the problem. I think it may be a network issue.

I reported the issue and Sprint corrected it (known issue in my area). Unfortunately yesterday it's back.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the situation can be reciprocal for the other party as well. Sometimes the situation occurs simultaneously for both parties.

• Like 1

Figures..., spouse takes the update and installs it and naturally loses root. :rolleyes::wall:

Ioroot and towelroot have been blocked in the ZVE update. Fortunately stump root works fine. However if you didn't unroot before taking the OTA, stump root may fail to run because it thinks you are already rooted.

For anyone taking the OTA, make sure you go into supersu settings and disable it first.

Ioroot and towelroot have been blocked in the ZVE update. Fortunately stump root works fine. However if you didn't unroot before taking the OTA, stump root may fail to run because it thinks you are already rooted.

For anyone taking the OTA, make sure you go into supersu settings and disable it first.

Have you received the OTA yet?

That may be a network issue. I've been having similar issues around the Harrisburg PA area. When I place or receive a call there can be a call connection and no sound or very low volume to the point where I can't hear the other party. Disconnecting and calling back (sometimes multiple times) will fix the problem.

At first I thought it was my phone going bad; I was using a Samsung Galaxy Mega at the time. I swapped out the phone to a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and still had the problem. Not wanting to live life with a single band device, I swapped the Note 3 out for my LG G2 - still have the problem. Currently using an LG G3 and still have the problem. I think it may be a network issue.

I reported the issue and Sprint corrected it (known issue in my area). Unfortunately yesterday it's back.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the situation can be reciprocal for the other party as well. Sometimes the situation occurs simultaneously for both parties.

Not sure if it's the same as I can hear them almost always very loud and clear and I have full reception bars. There's also a lot of forums reporting similar issues on the Verizon version. This may also be a HD voice issue. Who knows. In any case, hopefully the upcoming update from Sprint which is suppose to improve LTE and HD voice will resolve the issue.

Not sure if it's the same as I can hear them almost always very loud and clear and I have full reception bars. There's also a lot of forums reporting similar issues on the Verizon version. This may also be a HD voice issue. Who knows. In any case, hopefully the upcoming update from Sprint which is suppose to improve LTE and HD voice will resolve the issue.

Yeah, I hope that does get resolved with the ZVE update.  When I experience the issue with all my phones, I have a great signal, so for me at least, it must be the network.