LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

With the new update i'm having issues with Quiet Mode not enabling as well the alarm not working.  Ah well....

My alarm won't work either.. Almost was late for school today!

But I don't know why my GPS and navigation don't work since I changed it.

Well, sad as it sounds, I'm gonna bet it's unrelated and because our GPS/Nav is and has always been hit or miss. [emoji24]

I've noticed, (before and after the update), in B25 or WiFi my GPS is fine, but once I switch to B41 my GPS puts me about 2 miles away. Was the case here in SoFL as well as Chicago and LA.

I can't say my GPS has ever been that great but I'm thinking maybe when L *officially* drops on N5, I'll send my G2 in for a "repair" to see if they can correct that. It pretty much always thinks I'm somewhere I'm not. Ha ha

GPS is the THE one AND only disappointment about the G2 I have ever had. Luckily everything else is very solid with it or I'd never have kept it, better yet, conceded that I won't get rid of it until a suitable LG or possibly HTC (if the bootloader situation continues with LG) flagship comes along. I usually switch devices every 6 to 9 months so that says a lot. [emoji3]

I did a factory reset and the GPS issue is not fixed. I did this after I installed an app that was recommended to fix gps issues. I'm going to return this phone if no other fixes fix what is happening.

I had to send mine in for GPS issue. They replaced the "board" and my screen. GPS has worked ever since. I'd suggest you send it in before the warranty expires. (If you got a launch edition one.)

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 2

My LG G2 screen took a dump again.   The whole top portion of the screen is unusable no matter if I hold the phone vertical or horizontal.   It was what, maybe 2 months since I last got it replaced from LG?     I hope I don't have to keep dealing with this.    I'm tempted to just sell it after I get it repaired and get something else, but I think I'm going to skip the LG G3; although my wife's has been good to her.

My work is getting an an iPhone 6, so I'll see how I like it.   I'll be back on an old Note II while the G2 is repaired for my personal cell though. ;(

I'm Stuck!

My G2 doesn't have a quick window case but is stuck on the quick window lock screen. I pulled my regular case off and it's goes to the quickwindow mini lock screen. When I swipe to unlock it the quick window section stays in place and I can't get my regular home screen. Is there a way to get to home screen without doing a factory reset from recovery screen? Regular reboots haven't resolved the issue. Thanks!!

Edited by aaronjknox

So, I replaced my battery today with one I ordered off eBay.  (Don't worry, it's an OEM one! LOL)

I'll just say right now that it was a pain in the arse and very scary because the battery is not easily replaced. I had to literally take the phone apart. I'll report back with battery results but hopefully this bad boy gets me more juice throughout the day.

• Like 1

So, I replaced my battery today with one I ordered off eBay.  (Don't worry, it's an OEM one! LOL)

I'll just say right now that it was a pain in the arse and very scary because the battery is not easily replaced. I had to literally take the phone apart. I'll report back with battery results but hopefully this bad boy gets me more juice throughout the day.

Did your original battery die in less than a year?

No, I'm just picky. After a year, it typically holds ~70-80% of the battery life it did when you first had it.

Sent from my LG-LS980

You are correct. The battery in the G2 is not easy to replace. I saw a tear - down video on YouTube. 

With my G3, I have only needed to recharge every 2 to 3 days. Hopefully this will slow down the battery degradation.   Of course, the battery is replaceable anyway, so no big deal. 

I'm Stuck!

My G2 doesn't have a quick window case but is stuck on the quick window lock screen. I pulled my regular case off and it's goes to the quickwindow mini lock screen. When I swipe to unlock it the quick window section stays in place and I can't get my regular home screen. Is there a way to get to home screen without doing a factory reset from recovery screen? Regular reboots haven't resolved the issue. Thanks!!

Back in business. After numerous restarts it finally held the normal homescreen after restarting while plugged into my laptop. Quickly disabled the quick window setting and it's all good.

Now I'm going to send it for warranty repair at LG due to poor GPS and poor voice quality during calls.