LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Anyone have issues where their phone freezes after unlocking?  It is really intermittent, but I have to do a reset every time it freezes in order to use the phone again.

Thoughts?

Yeah, actually I have been noticing this the last month or so. I've been chalking it up to some app or another not playing nice, but I don't have any particular suspects yet. Doesn't happen often enough to spot any trends, but it does seem to be happening a little more frequently lately.

How long did it take once you sent your phone in to see a status change on the LG website..it is saying received the 19 and that is it..not being processed our any of the next steps...

Mine was received on their end on a Friday, weekend had no activity, then on Monday they fixed it and sent it back that day. So they had it a total of 4 days (2 business days.)

It took like a day for the tracking number to show up.  It'll probably shipped by Fedex.  Took 3 days to get back home.

Ascertion, Is your GPS still working?  I just contacted LG to send mine back for  the GPS repair again. At least this time they sent me a pre-paid FedEx label for shipping. 

I haven't been around here in a while. Been enjoying my G2 this summer. I have read something dated 8/22 that the G2 is supposedly going to receive Android L at some point in the future and, perhaps even more interesting, an update to the G3's UI. Then I read later, dated 8/24, that it was "confirmed" that the G2 will NOT be receiving a G3 UI update.

Does anyone have new information to clear up the previous, contradictory rumors?

Also interested in this. Thanks

Ascertion, Is your GPS still working? I just contacted LG to send mine back for the GPS repair again. At least this time they sent me a pre-paid FedEx label for shipping.

Used it yesterday. Got an instant lock. I've been quite happy with the replacement so far. Hope you get the same repair technician as I had! I'm also glad that they're paying for the shipping this time.

Used it yesterday. Got an instant lock. I've been quite happy with the replacement so far. Hope you get the same repair technician as I had! I'm also glad that they're paying for the shipping this time.

Thanks for the update.  I'm going to send it back next week.  I purchased a brand new sealed LG G3 on ebay.  Really wanted a Note 4, but my upgrade isn't until July 2015, so it would cost full price.  Hopefully the G3 will have decent call quality and great RF performance. 

I'm really impressed with the call quality of the G2 after all the updates.  It probably sounds better than my Note 3 - it's just the stupid GPS keeps failing. 

Just an update...my GPS today stopped working until I downloaded the GPS Status app from Playstore.  I cleared AGPS data and re-downloaded it and it brought my GPS back to life.  Not sure why it's so inconsistent, though.

Which "GPS Status" app did you download from Google Play?  I'm going to try that as well and see if it jump starts the GPS.  There is quite a few apps, just want to make sure that I get the same exact app that you used.  Thanks Ascertion!

Which "GPS Status" app did you download from Google Play?  I'm going to try that as well and see if it jump starts the GPS.  There is quite a few apps, just want to make sure that I get the same exact app that you used.  Thanks Ascertion!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2&hl=en

When I used it yesterday I didn't have to redo the aGPS download or reset.  I just turned my Location from Battery Saving to High Accuracy and it went smooth from there.  Let me know if it works for you.  I was stock rooted on ZVD. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2&hl=en

When I used it yesterday I didn't have to redo the aGPS download or reset.  I just turned my Location from Battery Saving to High Accuracy and it went smooth from there.  Let me know if it works for you.  I was stock rooted on ZVD. 

Thanks Ascertion!  It worked.  The GPS receiving strength is so good now that I don't even have to be outside to get a lock.  I was in the middle of my house away from the windows and the G2 got a lock and accuracy of 16 feet. 

I also tried an app called "GPS Status Test and Fix - No Adds", which has a reset GPS button.

So I wonder what is causing the problem.  There must be corrupt data in the GPS cache or something that this app clears out. 

Now I'm wondering if I should still send the G2 back to be repaired?

Thanks Ascertion! It worked. The GPS receiving strength is so good now that I don't even have to be outside to get a lock. I was in the middle of my house away from the windows and the G2 got a lock and accuracy of 16 feet.

I also tried an app called "GPS Status Test and Fix - No Adds", which has a reset GPS button.

So I wonder what is causing the problem. There must be corrupt data in the GPS cache or something that this app clears out.

Now I'm wondering if I should still send the G2 back to be repaired?

Give it a day or two and see if it is consistent I'd say. Might be corrupt data in the cache or something, I have no idea. Glad it worked, though. [emoji106]

Give it a day or two and see if it is consistent I'd say. Might be corrupt data in the cache or something, I have no idea. Glad it worked, though. [emoji106]

So do you open this app every time you need GPS or just once? I just downloaded the app and it locked on after about 10 seconds.

So do you open this app every time you need GPS or just once? I just downloaded the app and it locked on after about 10 seconds.

I opened the app once and it fixed whatever problem was keeping my GPS from working.  I also tried an app called "GPS Status Test and Fix - No Adds", which has a reset GPS button. We'll see how this goes over the next few days. 

I opened the app once and it fixed whatever problem was keeping my GPS from working.  I also tried an app called "GPS Status Test and Fix - No Adds", which has a reset GPS button. We'll see how this goes over the next few days. 

...as of today, it's still working.  :banana:

• Like 1

Spoke too soon.  The GPS stopped working today.  It's going back again. 

• Like 1

When connecting the LG G2 to your car with Bluetooth does anyone have an issue prior to selecting an audio app on your phone that the phone keeps flashing "no music to play?" It doesn't seem to impact anything other than the annoying message. I either use Google Play Music or BeyondPod. I don't have any local mp3 files on the device so there is nothing for the stock Music app to play which I am sure is the source of this message. Any way to stop it?

When connecting the LG G2 to your car with Bluetooth does anyone have an issue prior to selecting an audio app on your phone that the phone keeps flashing "no music to play?" It doesn't seem to impact anything other than the annoying message. I either use Google Play Music or BeyondPod. I don't have any local mp3 files on the device so there is nothing for the stock Music app to play which I am sure is the source of this message. Any way to stop it?

Mine doesn't flash that message.  I don't have any music on my G2 either.  I stream everything.