LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

I believe it may have enabled full 3G roaming on Verizon and other regional carriers depending on your location.

No chit!? I got stuck roaming on Verizon the other day and it was the first time I had seen that, had no clue what was going on. I actually had to reboot my phone to get it to let go of it, airplane mode toggle didn't even work.

Thanks for the info though because I was way confused. [emoji106]

My RA was just closed and it's being shipped back now. I'm about to chat and see if they did anything for my GPS fix. Hopefully they didn't just send it back without fixing anything...

I just got mine back after sending it away twice. This time they apparently fixed a buzzing noise (wasn't aware of that) and said that they downloaded software to fix the GPS failing. However, the GPS still takes over a minute (or longer) to get a lock after a cold reboot. Edited by MkVsTheWorld
  • Like 2

I just got mine back after sending it away twice. This time they apparently fixed a buzzing noise (wasn't aware of that) and said that they downloaded software to fix the GPS failing. However, the GPS still takes over a minute (or longer) to get a lock after a cold reboot.

I sent mine in for a GPS fix.  Chat is stating they fixed a Touchscreen issue and that my "board" was swapped.  Not sure what that means and I didn't even know there was a Touchscreen issue.  Maybe the board replacement repaired the GPS. I'll know when I get the device back.  (Likely by Thursday.)

• Like 1

I sent mine in for a GPS fix.  Chat is stating they fixed a Touchscreen issue and that my "board" was swapped.  Not sure what that means and I didn't even know there was a Touchscreen issue.  Maybe the board replacement repaired the GPS. I'll know when I get the device back.  (Likely by Thursday.)

That's the exact same fix mine got when I sent it in for the GPS not working.  I use the word 'fix" very loosely.  My GPS failed again after the G2 was returned to me.  Like you, I never had a touchscreen problem.  I don't think I am going to bother sending it back again.  All these shipping costs will add up to the $99 that I paid for that piece of junk. 

That's the exact same fix mine got when I sent it in for the GPS not working.  I use the word 'fix" very loosely.  My GPS failed again after the G2 was returned to me.  Like you, I never had a touchscreen problem.  I don't think I am going to bother sending it back again.  All these shipping costs will add up to the $99 that I paid for that piece of junk. 

Isn't it after 3 fixes and still a problem it's considered a lemon?  What's the lemon policy on phones?  Maybe Sprint will let you swap it out for another.

Isn't it after 3 fixes and still a problem it's considered a lemon?  What's the lemon policy on phones?  Maybe Sprint will let you swap it out for another.

I think lemon laws vary from state to state. Anyway, it's probably up to the manufacturer to replace and not Sprint. I'd have to send it in a few more times with the same results (no GPS after the repair).

Keep us posted on how your G2 turns out, especially a couple of weeks after the repair. Mine worked perfectly right after I received it back from LG (not including the new designer nicks they put in the trim), but then failed a little later.

Gool luck with yours Ascertion!

• Like 1

I think lemon laws vary from state to state. Anyway, it's probably up to the manufacturer to replace and not Sprint. I'd have to send it in a few more times with the same results (no GPS after the repair).

Keep us posted on how your G2 turns out, especially a couple of weeks after the repair. Mine worked perfectly right after I received it back from LG (not including the new designer nicks they put in the trim), but then failed a little later.

Gool luck with yours Ascertion!

Did you root it when you got it back? Just curious.

Sent from my SM-G900P

I received the G2 back from LG yesterday. LG installed a new screen (they said the old one was defective) and a new chipset. The device was on ZVC again when i received it back and had an LG splash screen instead of Sprint. The GPS now works. LG nicked up the silver band around the side of the device and didn't return my factory box. The entire LG repair experience was horrible. You get a call center in India when setting up the return. I had an extremely difficult time trying to understand what the relresentative was saying. I'm not happy at all about losing my factory box. When i go to sell the device it will be worth less without the original box.

After reinstalling everything the LTE symptoms were the same. Fall back to 3 and stay there

I checked the BSR timer and it was set to 3000. I changed that to 3 and had better luck switching between 3G and LTE.

It appears that the ZVD update does indeed cause the LTE issues. The BSR timer appears to correct the issue.

Now an array is down on the Shentel tower near my house for data speed upgrades, so I can't really check out band 26.

This entire experience with multiple calls to LG for the original problem of the GPS repair and having to deal with their inadequate call center is enough to make me think twice about a future purchase of an LG product.

Thanks to all on S4GRU and XDA who posted about the BSR timer issue.

Just as a follow up to this I was able to get this info to the right people at Sprint and a patch/update will be sent out in mid to late October to fix the BSRTimer settings (among other things). Way too long in my opinion but I am not sure of the process they have to go through to get this out the door. For fun I even let our new CEO know about this, especially what I consider to be an unacceptable 9-10 week resolution time for those who are not tech savvy enough to search sites such as this for the solution.

• Like 4

My G2 came back...as far as appearances go, they've completely replaced my screen! (The scratches that I received from last repair are totally gone!)  And my GPS works as of now.  Will keep you guys updated.  I'm so happy to get it back!

Thanks for the update!

• Like 1

My G2 came back...as far as appearances go, they've completely replaced my screen! (The scratches that I received from last repair are totally gone!) And my GPS works as of now. Will keep you guys updated. I'm so happy to get it back!

How long are the GPS locks taking after a cold boot?

How long are the GPS locks taking after a cold boot?

I'll check this when I get back home since the lock earlier was after a few seconds.

How long has it been taking from the time you ship your phone to LG till you get it back? Only complaint I have is the GPS.

Took 3 days to get my device back. Went from Texas to FL.
  • Like 2

Was going through my updates and noticed the lg system update says last checked August 18..tried checking and nothing changed..I thought if you did the check now the date and time would change?

That's what happens on mine.  Are you checking for Software update?  I don't think it updates the date for the other three, Firmware, Profile, or PRL.

I haven't been around here in a while. Been enjoying my G2 this summer. I have read something dated 8/22 that the G2 is supposedly going to receive Android L at some point in the future and, perhaps even more interesting, an update to the G3's UI. Then I read later, dated 8/24, that it was "confirmed" that the G2 will NOT be receiving a G3 UI update.

Does anyone have new information to clear up the previous, contradictory rumors?