LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

@ascertion how long did it usually take to get a call back from LG on the warranty work? I think you've done is a couple times IIRC so figured I'd ask you. I just went to the LG site and did the support request through there.   Not sure if that was the same route you took. 

I can't have a camera phone at work so I have to physically remove the front and rear facing cameras. This required quite an extensive teardown of the G2. Had the battery right there. Definitely not an easy replacement.

@ascertion how long did it usually take to get a call back from LG on the warranty work? I think you've done is a couple times IIRC so figured I'd ask you. I just went to the LG site and did the support request through there. Not sure if that was the same route you took.

First time the device was "being repaired" for about 5 days before they updated and sent it back. Prepare for the ticket to not have information regarding the repair -- I had to call or chat to get the specifics of the repair. Second time it was 3 days (got there Friday and shipped the next Monday.) Their shipping is usually 2-3 days to get back.

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 1

First time the device was "being repaired" for about 5 days before they updated and sent it back. Prepare for the ticket to not have information regarding the repair -- I had to call or chat to get the specifics of the repair. Second time it was 3 days (got there Friday and shipped the next Monday.) Their shipping is usually 2-3 days to get back.

Sent from my LG-LS980

I actually meant the initial call to setup for the repair but that information is appreciated. I'm rocking the N5 and I'm actually getting better than expected battery life so I'm not going to have to stress about how long they take to get it back.  Will be more worried about them dinging and scuffing it up!  B)

I actually meant the initial call to setup for the repair but that information is appreciated. I'm rocking the N5 and I'm actually getting better than expected battery life so I'm not going to have to stress about how long they take to get it back. Will be more worried about them dinging and scuffing it up! B)

I typically got on LG chat and they had the process started after just a few minutes. Then I'd follow the instructions in the email and ship my phone in via my box and my shipment method. If you ship via UPS, buy the packing slip online. Do not pay in store, they jack the price up..a lot.

Edit: LG chat takes sometimes up to 20 minutes to get a rep. Once you have a rep, it's easy. Have your IMEI number ready.

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 1

I typically got on LG chat and they had the process started after just a few minutes. Then I'd follow the instructions in the email and ship my phone in via my box and my shipment method. If you ship via UPS, buy the packing slip online. Do not pay in store, they jack the price up..a lot.

Edit: LG chat takes sometimes up to 20 minutes to get a rep. Once you have a rep, it's easy. Have your IMEI number ready.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Off to chat...  :D

• Like 1

My first LG G2 behaved well. Then I dropped it (in a case) and the LCD below the perfectly fine glass cracked. The replacement seemed to work. Then suddenly from time to time the middle section of the screen would either not register anything or the whole phone would go phantom touch nuts. The Sprint store replaced it and the next phone's screen was fine but the GPS was absolutely not working. Would not lock onto any signal. This was causing excessive battery drain due to location services never working and got Sprint store to again replace. Finally my third replacement works fine. GPS is good. Screen is good. Now in a much better case.

Clearly LG's "A" team was not involved in manufacturing this device, which is a pity. There are clearly a lot of lemons out there.

• Like 1

So my GPS is now acting up. I am going to get a new phone really soon. I love the G2 but I am having trouble with the GPS as others are and it seems flawed hardware... So I am afraid to go with LG again. Last night it could not keep a lock on me and I needed navigation to work... So frustrating. Would you guys recommend the G3 or Samsung Galaxy S5?

So my GPS is now acting up. I am going to get a new phone really soon. I love the G2 but I am having trouble with the GPS as others are and it seems flawed hardware... So I am afraid to go with LG again. Last night it could not keep a lock on me and I needed navigation to work... So frustrating. Would you guys recommend the G3 or Samsung Galaxy S5?

I haven't heard any complaints. Try hoping on those phone's threads and as the users that have them. I know the G3 doesn't have the GPS issues that the G2 has. I might get one this weekend

• Like 1

I think G3 has slightly better radio than the S5. S5 has much better screen on time, G3 has better standby time. I personally like the size of S5 much much better than the G3. More development on S5 so far. If you like water resistance then S5 definitely. Both are/will be $1 on upgrade tomorrow.

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 1

Oi.  Bestbuy has it for $1 and you get a $50 Giftcard from upgrading through them. :o

That's the deal I took and waiting to figure out what to do with my GC.

You can always send it my way. :P  If you don't already have one, buy a Roku.  Best purchase ever.

Debating putting to an Xbox One. Might ask for Best Buy GCs for Xmas.

I use an Optimus G and considering getting a G2 because it is the most compact sized tri-band phone.

Do G2 users feel the radio performance is not up to par with newer phones? Or still a good buy? I would prefer G2 for 1) size and 2) cost. Also I like this case:tetded-premium-leather-case-for-lg-g2-d8http://www.tetded.com/home/en/g2/1758-tetded-premium-leather-case-for-lg-g2-d802-d802ta-d803-caen-vintage-brown.html
Note: probably will root and flash cm12 as that's what I'm doing on the OG

Edited by djw39

I use an Optimus G and considering getting a G2 because it is the most compact sized tri-band phone.

Do G2 users feel the radio performance is not up to par with newer phones? Or still a good buy? I would prefer G2 for 1) size and 2) cost. Also I like this case:tetded-premium-leather-case-for-lg-g2-d8http://www.tetded.com/home/en/g2/1758-tetded-premium-leather-case-for-lg-g2-d802-d802ta-d803-caen-vintage-brown.html

Note: probably will root and flash cm12 as that's what I'm doing on the OG

CM12 is very buggy as of now. We have a lot of devs but the G2 has very picky source code and it's actually quite a learning curve understanding how the Roms work on this device. For example, there's Roms that require a JB boot loader to boot on KitKat and others require specific basebands. I think the most stable AOSP on LS989 (Sprint variant) is probably AICP KitKat.

I had the Nexus 5 at one point and while I loved the RF performance of that device, the camera and battery life led me back to the G2 and I'd recommend it but you should seriously consider buying it off contract. It's like $200 even new sometimes.

Sent from my LG-LS980