LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Any word when the new update is coming out?? Should be soon since it is posted, right??

Nothing at Sprint's website as of this A.M.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_LG_G2/WServiceAdvisory_542_GKB55011?INTNAV=SU:DP:OV:UG:LgG2:FindAndUpdateTheSoftwareVersionOnYourLgG2

Any word when the new update is coming out?? Should be soon since it is posted, right??

If you guys are referring to this http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4886-lg-g2-users-thread/?p=368399 you should know that it just means sprint is testing an update for the g2.  This update may or may not be released. There's no way to know when or if Sprint will push it out.  It could be replaced by multiple other files first as sprint moves through is testing.  

Best way to check is to go here https://www.lg.com/global/support/opensource/opensourceList?types=ALL&search=ls980  That's LG's open source page for the Sprint G2.  Once you see a new update post there it'll be pushed out by Sprint shortly after.  The Sprint update page is usually the last to be updated. 

• Like 1

Wonder why there is a 1/2 and 2/2. Does that mean it is either a big file upgrade or they tried one and it didn't work or forgot to put something in it the first on and just made a second file?

That just means there are 3 files to download.  If you notice right under file 2/2 there is a ZVE kernel update file as well.  These are just source code files.  If you were a coder working on ROMS for the G2 you would need all three files. None of these are the update file that Sprint will eventually push out. 

Firmware version ZVE just posted to that LG site.

Now the important questions is if Sprint will follow its pattern of releasing the updates on a Monday?

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_LG_G2/WServiceAdvisory_542_GKB55011?INTNAV=SU:DP:OV:UG:LgG2:FindAndUpdateTheSoftwareVersionOnYourLgG2

Mine was received on their end on a Friday, weekend had no activity, then on Monday they fixed it and sent it back that day. So they had it a total of 4 days (2 business days.)

Received my G2 back from LG yesterday.  They said they found no problem with the GPS.  Hmmmmm.  It started working again right before I sent it in.  It'll probably fail again after a few weeks of use like it always does.  Since they put a new board and new screen in last time, it's probably the connectors on the back cover for the GPS antenna.  What a poor design!

Does anyone have a situation where your G2 screen will wake up without any user intervention? I disabled the weather animation on the lockscreen thinking that was it but once in a while with the device just sitting on my desk I will see the screen wake up for 10 seconds or so and then go off.

Does anyone have a situation where your G2 screen will wake up without any user intervention? I disabled the weather animation on the lockscreen thinking that was it but once in a while with the device just sitting on my desk I will see the screen wake up for 10 seconds or so and then go off.

Yes.  I had to turn off a setting, but I can't remember which one that fixed it.

I also run into where my G2 will freeze and once it unfreezes the background changes to the factory background.  Its happened on two different G2s....

NSA, your being monitored :)

Yes. I had to turn off a setting, but I can't remember which one that fixed it.

I also run into where my G2 will freeze and once it unfreezes the background changes to the factory background. Its happened on two different G2s....

Received my G2 back from LG yesterday. They said they found no problem with the GPS. Hmmmmm. It started working again right before I sent it in. It'll probably fail again after a few weeks of use like it always does. Since they put a new board and new screen in last time, it's probably the connectors on the back cover for the GPS antenna. What a poor design!

How do you initiate the repair process? Is there a repair email?

How do you initiate the repair process? Is there a repair email?

Contact LG at 1-800-243-0000. You'll most likely get the call center in India (...good luck with that). They will issue an RMA for you to send your unit to Fort Worth Texas for repair.

Be very specific with them as they can tend to paraphrase the issue that you tell them which can have minute details get lost in the translation (no pun).

I'm still trying to figure out what the "improvements to LTE attachment" actually is....

I remember reading a few complaints about the phone not holding onto LTE after the ZVD update was applied. The phone would latch onto LTE but then drop it and stay on 3g. I believe this will fix that. 

after updating profile after zvd, it corrected that issue for me 

I remember reading a few complaints about the phone not holding onto LTE after the ZVD update was applied. The phone would latch onto LTE but then drop it and stay on 3g. I believe this will fix that. 

I still have the issue.  I guess I have become so used to toggling airplane mode.

I still have the issue.  I guess I have become so used to toggling airplane mode.

Somewhere I found a fix.  There was some kind of typo in the last update. You had to go into the ##DATA# screen and change a LTE timer setting. Once I did that my phone has run fine. I guess this update will probably fix that typo. 

Somewhere I found a fix.  There was some kind of typo in the last update. You had to go into the ##DATA# screen and change a LTE timer setting. Once I did that my phone has run fine. I guess this update will probably fix that typo. 

It was BSR Timer.  After updating to ZVD from ZVC, it defaulted to 3000 when the correct BSR Timer is actually 3. Oops!

This OTA looks kind of small.  Was hoping for something a bit bigger (WiFi Calling, or G3 UI.)  I guess one can dream, can't I? :P

EDIT: If you take the OTA, can you compare Baseband versions?  Mine on ZVD is currently M8974A-AAAANAZM-2.0.20046.  Wondering if we got an entirely new Baseband as this version matches ZVC, too.

• Like 1