LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

ioroot on xda works very well for root. It doesn't list sprint support but it works fine. Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Who said its not listed with Sprint support????  Well documented if you ask me.

Root Thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2522346

Root Download link referenced

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=48709232&postcount=869

Changelog:

v24: added support for G2 D800 10q, G Flex D956 and G Pro 2 F350K/L/S(thanks to @hkfriends for confirming ioroot method still works)

v23: added support for AT&T G Flex D950 10c.

v22: added support for TMO D959 G Flex. Tweaked scripts EFS backup... hopefully no more errors.

v21: added support for Sprint LS980ZVA update. Added EFS backup support. 

v20: added support for all D802/D805/D806. Updated all scripts. Added LG Optimus G and LG G Flex support. SuperSu now installed in /system. 

v19: added support for MORE F320 4.4 firmware. Added Singtel D802 support. Linux/Mac script fixes.

v18: added support for MORE F320 4.4 firmware. Added Vodafone(VDF) carrier(should work with at least Shipping ROM). Tweaked scripts.

v17: added F320* 4.4 KitKat root. Added SuperSu.4.4 users must reboot after running root script(mac/linux)

v16: added TMO 10g root and "SCA" root(D802/D805)

v15: added ATT 10o root. 

v12: added Verizon 12B root.

v11: added linux support and Sprint LS980 root(both thanks to @Shelnutt2)

Who said its not listed with Sprint support???? Well documented if you ask me.

Root Thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2522346

Root Download link referenced

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=48709232&postcount=869

I just finish rooting my phone thank you everything went so smooth !!!

One thing I have noticed is the screen does seem a little sharper coming from the nexus 5, does have a few hiccups everynow. And then. And the signal strength is slightly less, about 1-5dbm difference. Oh and the white seems more white, the nexus 5 seems to have a redish, orange , and brown tint on whites.

One thing I have noticed is the screen does seem a little sharper coming from the nexus 5, does have a few hiccups everynow. And then. And the signal strength is slightly less, about 1-5dbm difference. Oh and the white seems more white, the nexus 5 seems to have a redish, orange , and brown tint on whites.

Nice deal on the G2, with a tweaked color profile (I use Vomer's) they look identical other than the size difference:P.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nice deal on the G2, with a tweaked color profile (I use Vomer's) they look identical other than the size difference:P.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

this phone looks alot like my lg tv. Both have great color

I am sorry if this has been discussed before (wasn't getting any hits on the search for ZVA).  Has anyone had any trouble installing the ZVA update on a (previously rooted) stock phone?  Every week I get the same "Update Available" message, but the update never takes.  I have wiped many times but nothing seems to work.  The status bar gets half way before a quick flash happens and the phone restarts.

I am sorry if this has been discussed before (wasn't getting any hits on the search for ZVA).  Has anyone had any trouble installing the ZVA update on a (previously rooted) stock phone?  Every week I get the same "Update Available" message, but the update never takes.  I have wiped many times but nothing seems to work.  The status bar gets half way before a quick flash happens and the phone restarts.

The device won't take OTA updates rooted.

Edited by Maverick

I figured which is why root was removed from the device and supersu removed as well.  Its been stock now for a while.  Update won't take though.

Not sure why it won't take if it's no longer rooted and flashed back to OG setup. Doing a systems clean and perhaps running all the systems updates starting with prl, profile, firmware then lg software.

The last resort is to return reset to manufacture settings and began fresh start.

Edited by Maverick

The device won't take OTA updates rooted.

I'm pretty sure just about every Sprint device (maybe others too) won't accept an OTA update if it is rooted. The phone fails the OTA update security check as it starts updating.

Not sure why it won't take if it's no longer rooted and flashed back to OG setup. Doing a systems clean and perhaps running all the systems updates starting with prl, profile, firmware then lg software.

The last resort is to return reset to manufacture settings and began fresh start.

There's going to be an update.zip file on XDA somewhere that removes the security check. Should be able to be flashed from recovery without issue. I'm not rooted on my G2 (have been on all my previous devices) so I haven't been keeping up this time around. I can't imagine it's much different than HTC and Samsung updates though from my experience in the past.

I figured which is why root was removed from the device and supersu removed as well.  Its been stock now for a while.  Update won't take though.

Here you go, courtesy of

halcyoncmdr :banana:

There's going to be an update.zip file on XDA somewhere that removes the security check. Should be able to be flashed from recovery without issue. I'm not rooted on my G2 (have been on all my previous devices) so I haven't been keeping up this time around. I can't imagine it's much different than HTC and Samsung updates though from my experience in the past.

Best of luck! :tu:

:thx:  halcyoncmdr.

You'll have to be pure stock. (No mods.)  Whether it be a modified theme, or such.  If the security check fails, it will abort installation.  It's best now to just use TWRP recovery to flash the stock ZVA and restore your apps there. (You can use an app like MyBackup Root, or Titanium Backup.)

• Like 1

I have a question for everyone. I have an unlocked Sprint G2, and as you know that means it can be used internationally but not domestically on other networks with foreign Sim cards. I am going to China for the summer, and I'm wondering if I get a China Mobile SIM card, will my G2 connect to their band 41 LTE? What do you all think?

yeah if any system app was removed it will also cause the check to fail, best bet is to go to xda and look for how to .tot back to complete stock, update and profit, or you could always just use ioroot again ad than use freegee in the play store to flash twrp and even more profit.

I have a question for everyone. I have an unlocked Sprint G2, and as you know that means it can be used internationally but not domestically on other networks with foreign Sim cards. I am going to China for the summer, and I'm wondering if I get a China Mobile SIM card, will my G2 connect to their band 41 LTE? What do you all think?

I'm not sure how it would work exactly. Theoretically it could connect to LTE but their 3G network is proprietary so you definitely won't have 3G. You would have to be on edge to make voice calls and since the phone requires eCSFB network side to receive calls while on LTE I would be surprised if everything worked right. You will most likely be on edge the whole time on china mobile due to their crazy network theologies.

The Sprint.com international page has a link that can show you what services are available in each city... depending on where you might go it will be different...

http://internationalroaming.sprint.com/IntlCoverage/SearchCountry.do

The Sprint.com international page has a link that can show you what services are available in each city... depending on where you might go it will be different...

http://internationalroaming.sprint.com/IntlCoverage/SearchCountry.do

Don't those apply if you are using your Sprint phone with Sprint Intl service? I think he is saying he'd be using a SIM from a provider over there and was just asking if he'd have LTE.  

Unfortunately, I think the answer is no. If you look up China Mobile's LTE band, it's Band 38, not 41.

Now B38 is a subset of B41, so a B38 network should be able to serve a B41 handset over the smaller Band 38, however I don't think it will happen automatically. A feature called MFBI (Multi-Frequency Band Indicator) has to be deployed by China Mobile which basically lets the same network operate simultaneously in both bands. This is similar to what AT&T is doing to enable interoperability between B17 and B12 on 700 MHz.

• Like 1

Don't those apply if you are using your Sprint phone with Sprint Intl service? I think he is saying he'd be using a SIM from a provider over there and was just asking if he'd have LTE.  

Not directly, but they let you know roughly what services are available in the area at least. It obviously only shows Sprint's roaming partner network capabilities... but you at least have that to give you a general idea of what's in the area.

• Like 1