LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

To clarify, 800 SMR rebanding in the Mexican border zone and the no 800 in the International Boundary Exclusion Zone are two different issues. Rebanding is complete along the Canadian border, but still 800 is not being deployed because of the IBEZ. The IBEZ will still be a problem along the Mexican border too after Rebanding completes in the Mexican Border BEA's.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Hey all, I just got my G2 and am having an issue. I am in a legacy market (hopefully being upgraded) and have noticed my phone is dropping ehrpd data connection with relative frequency. My evo 4g LTE dropped evdo from time to time but it seems more frequent on my g2. It only lasts for a couple of seconds but it seems to be happening much more frequently. In my house I'm between two towers so I figured that was it but it's happening even when there's only 1 tower I could reasonably be connected to. Voice never drops and stays consistent, it's just 3g data that seems to drop on occasion even with a very strong signal.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Hey all, I just got my G2 and am having an issue. I am in a legacy market (hopefully being upgraded) and have noticed my phone is dropping ehrpd data connection with relative frequency. My evo 4g LTE dropped evdo from time to time but it seems more frequent on my g2. It only lasts for a couple of seconds but it seems to be happening much more frequently. In my house I'm between two towers so I figured that was it but it's happening even when there's only 1 tower I could reasonably be connected to. Voice never drops and stays consistent, it's just 3g data that seems to drop on occasion even with a very strong signal.

I have been getting that as well whenever I'm on 3G lately.  It seemed to me at least that it started around the time of the last OTA update.  Maybe the new baseband within the KitKat update will improve things... 

I've recently been having a problem maybe you all could help me with.  Since the Spark update, LTE had been great.  However, now, my G2 doesn't want to stay on LTE.  It will almost always switch to 3G in known good LTE coverage.  The only way to fix it is to do a PRL update (I know ericdabbs mentioned that PRL has nothing to do with LTE, but this is what works).

After a PRL update, it will stay on LTE for a little bit of time (like 5 minutes), then it will automatically go back to 3G, even if I don't move the phone.  A PRL update will bring it back to LTE.  It goes back to 3G even in the middle of a download.  A PRL update fixes it everytime for a short while.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but the Airave people had been troubleshooting my phone as it wouldn't connect to the Airave.  It wasn't until later that I discovered it won't connect unless I physically switch it from Global to CDMA, but I'm not sure if they did something on their end to screw it up.

Obviously, I don't want to have to do a PRL update everytime I want to receive data.  Any ideas?

I've recently been having a problem maybe you all could help me with.  Since the Spark update, LTE had been great.  However, now, my G2 doesn't want to stay on LTE.  It will almost always switch to 3G in known good LTE coverage.  The only way to fix it is to do a PRL update (I know ericdabbs mentioned that PRL has nothing to do with LTE, but this is what works).

After a PRL update, it will stay on LTE for a little bit of time (like 5 minutes), then it will automatically go back to 3G, even if I don't move the phone.  A PRL update will bring it back to LTE.  It goes back to 3G even in the middle of a download.  A PRL update fixes it everytime for a short while.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but the Airave people had been troubleshooting my phone as it wouldn't connect to the Airave.  It wasn't until later that I discovered it won't connect unless I physically switch it from Global to CDMA, but I'm not sure if they did something on their end to screw it up.

Obviously, I don't want to have to do a PRL update everytime I want to receive data.  Any ideas?

I was having the same issue until I disabled band 41 and for some reason it has stablized.

I have been getting that as well whenever I'm on 3G lately. It seemed to me at least that it started around the time of the last OTA update. Maybe the new baseband within the KitKat update will improve things...

Hm i hope so. It hasn't caused any significant issues yet but it is annoying. I kind of hoped it was because of upgrades in my area or something but as long as its not a hardware issue with my phone I'm alright. I just don't want to get a replacement phone.

I was having the same issue until I disabled band 41 and for some reason it has stablized.

After several days of no issues with the phone needlessly falling back to 3G, I enabled band 41 again. After serveral minutes the phone dropped to 3G. So I am not sure why band 41 is causing this but it does appear to be the culprit.

I wish I could randomly acquire a g2 so I could try out b41 in orlando and see how it works. One day.

Sold mine for 260. Would've loved avoiding PayPal and shipping cost. Hindsight 20/20 man.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

After several days of no issues with the phone needlessly falling back to 3G, I enabled band 41 again. After serveral minutes the phone dropped to 3G. So I am not sure why band 41 is causing this but it does appear to be the culprit.

Interesting... I just disabled b41 just because I know without a doubt I have no b41 in my market just yet. I also made sure to reset the priorities back to how I have them with b26 as 1 and b25 as 2.  I don't know what you had yours set to but just make sure that you reset them now that disabled b41 because they will have fallen back to b25 as 1 and b26 as 2 by default. 

Interesting... I just disabled b41 just because I know without a doubt I have no b41 in my market just yet. I also made sure to reset the priorities back to how I have them with b26 as 1 and b25 as 2.  I don't know what you had yours set to but just make sure that you reset them now that disabled b41 because they will have fallen back to b25 as 1 and b26 as 2 by default. 

My priorities are set the same as yours. What's interesting is that I have had successful band 41 connections in the past but something has changed in the past month.

• Like 1

Ever since the Spark update my phone reception has been just bad... it was bad before, but it's much worse overall now :( my wife has a GS3 and sometimes she will be on LTE and mine won't see it. Other times I have full 3G signal, wife's GS3 has 1-2 bars, yet her speeds are much better. WTF.

I'm not even able to stream music from Google music because the speed is too slow, while her's works within seconds with us both in the car. I've done PRL updates and all that... is this just crappy LG radio or why on earth would my wife's phone be getting better speeds and sometimes LTE reception right next to me. Shouldn't this phone have all the same support and more in terms of frequency?

(we are both on sprint)

Ever since the Spark update my phone reception has been just bad... it was bad before, but it's much worse overall now :( my wife has a GS3 and sometimes she will be on LTE and mine won't see it. Other times I have full 3G signal, wife's GS3 has 1-2 bars, yet her speeds are much better. WTF.

I'm not even able to stream music from Google music because the speed is too slow, while her's works within seconds with us both in the car. I've done PRL updates and all that... is this just crappy LG radio or why on earth would my wife's phone be getting better speeds and sometimes LTE reception right next to me. Shouldn't this phone have all the same support and more in terms of frequency?

(we are both on sprint)

Take a moment and read this:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

• Like 1

Hmm, I'm not sure what to say about that article. I read it and I understand it, but what I'm confused about is how the Spark update made my phone have even worse reception than before the Spark update. Like now 3G is even slower. Is that article basically saying that the Triband phones that are now spark enabled going to have worse reception in many places until more updates are done to the sites? I guess i am just most confused why 3G is so much worse now since I thought that was nothing new.

• Like 1

Would that explain my evdo data dropping for a few seconds every 10 min? My area is in progress on upgrades so there is no LTE or even NV equipment.

Wow in reading all the postings in regards to radio issues on a wonderful device as the LG G2 I can't but feel for you guys and really hope it gets resolved very soon! :phone:

I on the other hand have had the G2 since the holidays 2013 and really had had any major issues to report since I had it and after all the updates pushed out. I just can't feel what you guys must be going through but can only imagine.  :unsure: 

In any case I always initiate a factory rest when updates are pushed regardless of what type. I'm not rooted or flashed and I don't require an air ave. Totally stock and I've enjoyed it thus far. :sunny:

Good luck to you all! :tu:

• Like 1

Wow in reading all the postings in regards to radio issues on a wonderful device as the LG G2 I can't but feel for you guys and really hope it gets resolved very soon! :phone:

I on the other hand have had the G2 since the holidays 2013 and really had had any major issues to report since I had it and after all the updates pushed out. I just can't feel what you guys must be going through but can only imagine. :unsure:

In any case I always initiate a factory rest when updates are pushed regardless of what type. I'm not rooted or flashed and I don't require an air ave. Totally stock and I've enjoyed it thus far. :sunny:

Good luck to you all! :tu:

I think it is the markets more then the phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I think it is the markets more then the phone.

That's what I'm starting to believe as well but in some of the posts it references issues after updates and such so that's why I was really feeling bad for them.

One thing that has to be considered is that the prl updates recently pushed out were designed to be money savers meaning that the radio will connect to the Sprint tower/antenna vs the best signal which may or may not be Sprint's tower.

Just a thought....

That's what I'm starting to believe as well but in some of the posts it references issues after updates and such so that's why I was really feeling bad for them.

One thing that has to be considered is that the prl updates recently pushed out were designed to be money savers meaning that the radio will connect to the Sprint tower/antenna vs the best signal which may or may not be Sprint's tower.

Just a thought....

Mine didn't start right after the update. Just started within the last few weeks.

• Like 1

Just a thought....

PRLs always prioritize Sprint native signals over roaming, they always have. The order of specific roaming partners may change as the roaming agreements do, and roaming partners may be added or removed as well. All phones will always prioritize native signals though and won't go down the list until that native signal is lost completely.

Hmm, I'm not sure what to say about that article. I read it and I understand it, but what I'm confused about is how the Spark update made my phone have even worse reception than before the Spark update. Like now 3G is even slower. Is that article basically saying that the Triband phones that are now spark enabled going to have worse reception in many places until more updates are done to the sites? I guess i am just most confused why 3G is so much worse now since I thought that was nothing new.

Would that explain my evdo data dropping for a few seconds every 10 min? My area is in progress on upgrades so there is no LTE or even NV equipment.

This article refers to those that have issues connecting to lte with tri-band devices compared to other devices that are not tri-band that can connect with no issues in the same area.  If you can't connect to 3g data or have poor rf peformance then there could possibly be other issues at hand.

looks like zvb is out (JB TO KK)

this was posted on XDA not long ago..

Screenshot_zpsf34835dc.png

I thought the newest software version being tested was ZVC?