LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Also my understanding is the update will be ZVC, plus the almost non existent description I call BS as well. Rumor has it the delay is because they are adding wifi calling.

Hopefully ZVC is the last one because this KK update is long overdue.

Just wanted to throw this out there in case others have experienced this weird bug. On my G2 it sometimes would turn on Wifi automatically even though it is not intended.  I don't have the Sprint Connections Optimizer feature enabled.  I find the bug very annoying because I have to manually disable it.  Also sometimes even when I have my data connection set to disabled when I go to sleep at night, I would sometimes get notification emails coming in on my phone.  Now I don't know if this has some relation with my G2 at night randomly turning on Wifi and connecting to my home wifi that in those 10-15 seconds of connection was enough to receive email notifications.  Its really weird but I wanted to find out if others have experienced this as well.

Just wanted to throw this out there in case others have experienced this weird bug. On my G2 it sometimes would turn on Wifi automatically even though it is not intended.  I don't have the Sprint Connections Optimizer feature enabled.  I find the bug very annoying because I have to manually disable it.  Also sometimes even when I have my data connection set to disabled when I go to sleep at night, I would sometimes get notification emails coming in on my phone.  Now I don't know if this has some relation with my G2 at night randomly turning on Wifi and connecting to my home wifi that in those 10-15 seconds of connection was enough to receive email notifications.  Its really weird but I wanted to find out if others have experienced this as well.

Ive had this happen as well, although not very often at all. (Had to set email to sync manually)

Seeing similar issue probably. Battery was draining due to wifioff delay wakelock or something like that, even with WiFi settings to stay off during sleep and whatnot

They're supposedly aware of it, thus the delay on 4.4.2.

Seems like switching to cdma evdo gives me faster speeds than being on lte/cdma with ehrpd. Maybe a tower issue? Idk but either one will drop data every so often.

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

That wouldn't be a tower issue. It would be a 4G Core issue. All of the tower stuff is identical, it's just a software overlay that sends all your traffic to the 4G Core instead of the 3G switch, even when on 3G. It's likely just a small traffic routing issue.

Unlike the MSCs the 4G Cores are all interconnected and can dynamically route traffic from one to another. So if your "assigned" 4G Core for your area is getting overloaded but another one is underutilized, your data can instead be routed through there to help balance the network load. This system is entirely automated, but is obviously new, and thus still having the quirks worked out of it.

• Like 1

That wouldn't be a tower issue. It would be a 4G Core issue. All of the tower stuff is identical, it's just a software overlay that sends all your traffic to the 4G Core instead of the 3G switch, even when on 3G. It's likely just a small traffic routing issue.

Unlike the MSCs the 4G Cores are all interconnected and can dynamically route traffic from one to another. So if your "assigned" 4G Core for your area is getting overloaded but another one is underutilized, your data can instead be routed through there to help balance the network load. This system is entirely automated, but is obviously new, and thus still having the quirks worked out of it.

What if I am not using 4g at all and it happens on 3g ehrpd? I should have been more clear about that. Sprint reps say I'm in a strong 4g area but I've yet to get a usable signal.

What if I am not using 4g at all and it happens on 3g ehrpd? I should have been more clear about that. Sprint reps say I'm in a strong 4g area but I've yet to get a usable signal.

eHRPD is the software layer that routes all 3G traffic through the 4G Core. If you turn off LTE you'll see it says EVDO Rev. A instead when on 3G, that then sends traffic through the MSC like before.

eHRPD is the software layer that routes all 3G traffic through the 4G Core. If you turn off LTE you'll see it says EVDO Rev. A instead when on 3G, that then sends traffic through the MSC like before.

So there's something wrong with my phone when it's set to lte/cdma we're it will drop connection for a few seconds then come back. But with it on cdma only it seems to not happen? Maybe the 4g core is over loaded and tries to kick me off maybe?

LG G2 members,

question. shouldn't a brand new G2 come with a sim card or does one have to buy that separately? I know it doesn't control cdma authentication but I believe it controls something else (can't remember off the top of my head at the moment) so shouldn't it come with a sim card?

Reason I ask is because I am getting another G2 since the first seller crapped out on me and this new one I'm looking at says no sim card.

TS 

LG G2 members,

question. shouldn't a brand new G2 come with a sim card or does one have to buy that separately? I know it doesn't control cdma authentication but I believe it controls something else (can't remember off the top of my head at the moment) so shouldn't it come with a sim card?

Reason I ask is because I am getting another G2 since the first seller crapped out on me and this new one I'm looking at says no sim card.

TS

They could take the SIM with them as it'll work in another Sprint LTE device. SIM is used to authenticate services AND LTE so without it, you'd only have 3G and once services. You can get a SIM (and free if I recall correctly) from Sprint when activate there in store.

Just make sure seller is legit and you don't get screwed with some stolen device bs.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the info.

Yeah I know, first seller never gave me a tracking number or even a date of when it was shipped out. Emails were partly ignored and even when he answered it was hard to understand his replies. After a week I disputed the sale. Hopefully Paypal rules in my favor. So in the meantime I'm looking at other sales and came across that one I mentioned in my post above.

So if the sim card is free at Sprint, then I'll won't make a fuss about lowering the price. My only fear is if the first seller did indeed send out his G2, then I'll have 2 G2s when I only need one and then go through the process of giving his money or device back.

anyway,

again thanks

TS

Thanks for the info.

Yeah I know, first seller never gave me a tracking number or even a date of when it was shipped out. Emails were partly ignored and even when he answered it was hard to understand his replies. After a week I disputed the sale. Hopefully Paypal rules in my favor. So in the meantime I'm looking at other sales and came across that one I mentioned in my post above.

So if the sim card is free at Sprint, then I'll won't make a fuss about lowering the price. My only fear is if the first seller did indeed send out his G2, then I'll have 2 G2s when I only need one and then go through the process of giving his money or device back.

anyway,

again thanks

TS

If you still have your Mega, you could do an ESN swap and use your existing SIM (if I remember correctly).

If you still have your Mega, you could do an ESN swap and use your existing SIM (if I remember correctly).

yes I do have the Mega (its mine all mine) but the G2 is to replace one of my other lines the Note 2 which had the screen go ka-plu-yee. I guess i could do the same with transferring the one from the Note 2 to the G2.

TS