LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

It WAS rooted but I unrooted it.  So yea its totally stock now

If there's any files missing or changed the OTA will fail.  This includes removing any sort of app from /system doing a debloat or modifying any files with custom icons or hacks.  I'd recommend backing everything up and just running the flashtool for ZVC and rooting via ioroot.

So I took my phone off the charger this morning about 3 something. I checked my battery at about 5:45am and my phone had already lost 12% with no streaming or screen usage in that time (I was sleep). Google Services was at 66% usage on my battery. Anybody else had any issues lately with Google Services?

I've read some phones will have this. It's a google thing. Just restart the phone. That's what I've read.

So I took my phone off the charger this morning about 3 something. I checked my battery at about 5:45am  and my phone had already lost 12% with no streaming or screen usage in that time (I was sleep). Google Services was at 66% usage on my battery. Anybody else had any issues lately with Google Services?

While mine is the note 2....I have been having the same issues...it is sucking the juice....

and mine is rooted....

is it the fact its looking for something i wonder???

Anyone else getting experiencing the lack of data connectivity while on the go? It's likely a CSFB issue but I've noticed a lot of the time my phone will find a 3G signal but it won't be able to grab a data connection through it until like two minutes later. It can be frustrating when you're enjoying music on the go and the music stops because the stream can't go on. My father's s3 doesn't have the problem but I'm not sure if it's because of csfb or LGs radio configuration. I'm tempted to try out an AOSP ROM to see if the issue goes away.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Anyone else getting experiencing the lack of data connectivity while on the go? It's likely a CSFB issue but I've noticed a lot of the time my phone will find a 3G signal but it won't be able to grab a data connection through it until like two minutes later. It can be frustrating when you're enjoying music on the go and the music stops because the stream can't go on. My father's s3 doesn't have the problem but I'm not sure if it's because of csfb or LGs radio configuration. I'm tempted to try out an AOSP ROM to see if the issue goes away.

Sent from my LG-LS980

I experienced this very same thing today on a LG G2, seems like airplane mode toggle sped up the scan. I have a sneaking suspicion B26 with lack of eCSFB might be causing some weirdness.. 

• Like 1

Sent from my LG-LS980

I experienced this very same thing today on a LG G2, seems like airplane mode toggle sped up the scan. I have a sneaking suspicion B26 with lack of eCSFB might be causing some weirdness..

If this is the same issue I had it was due to my market prepping for B26. I disabled B26 and I stopped losing data drops. Are you getting where LTE goes to no bars then a red X and then 3G?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If this is the same issue I had it was due to my market prepping for B26. I disabled B26 and I stopped losing data drops. Are you getting where LTE goes to no bars then a red X and then 3G?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yes. Now that you've said it can be solved by turning off b26, I really don't want to if b26 is about to be launched here. Lol

Sent from my LG-LS980

I'm seeing these issues on my g2, also. Lots of data drops, and a dead 3g connection occasionally. I even roamed on Verizon evdo for a minute earlier today which I've never seen before. Currently, Chicago is slowly rolling out b26, so the stories line up. I refuse to disable b26, though. :)

• Like 1

Well today at work trying to load websites would not work unless I started a data connection through speed test. But I'm on my nexus. So idk what it was

Ever since the 4.4 KK OTA upgrade I've been noticing a massive battery drain on my phone when I'm driving in my car.  I have a Ford with the MyFordSync stereo.  With the latest update to Hangouts I'll see 15-20% battery usage for hangouts and bluetooth.  The culprit appears to be StartingObexMapTransaction in com.andorid.bluetooth.Bluetooth.  The wake lock lasts for as long as I'm driving (which also means for as long as the phone is synced up with the myfordsync).  I didn't see this in 4.2 and the battery drain is slightly better if I uninstall the Hangouts update.

Does anyone else have this issue?  It is exceptionally annoying, especially on days when I spend 3+ hours driving.  I try not to keep my phone plugged in when driving to avoid unnecessarily putting the battery through charge cycles.

Yes. Now that you've said it can be solved by turning off b26, I really don't want to if b26 is about to be launched here. Lol

Sent from my LG-LS980

I'm seeing these issues on my g2, also. Lots of data drops, and a dead 3g connection occasionally. I even roamed on Verizon evdo for a minute earlier today which I've never seen before. Currently, Chicago is slowly rolling out b26, so the stories line up. I refuse to disable b26, though. :)

I only had mine off for about a week or so. Since turning it back on I have no had those issues. I couldn't handle loosing data for about 2 minutes. I know three people in my market that had the same issue with their G2 and when they disabled B26 it fixed issue and they have since also turned it back on.

Anyone have a suggestion for a rom? I'm feeling adventurous. Do any roms offer spark compatibility? I'd like a stock kitkat rom if possible, and have been looking at "Mahdi." Thanks.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Good luck with

Anyone have a suggestion for a rom? I'm feeling adventurous. Do any roms offer spark compatibility? I'd like a stock kitkat rom if possible, and have been looking at "Mahdi." Thanks.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Good luck with KK ROMs. There's nothing 100% yet. I tried Mahdi, Cloudy* and one other one that I can't remember the name for and in those cases had no data connectivity. Those are ports from other LG G2 phones, the VS series. It supposedly has something to do with the APN lists but I've copied the APN list from stock Sprint KK and replaced the XML file and still did not have working data.

The only KK ROM I had working data on was Liquid Smooth beta. Everything worked except had a random reboot thing going on that was kernel related. It started with a reboot 1-2 days after flashing, then more frequently after that. After about a week it would happen during calls so I went back to stock JB.

Just my thoughts. 

• Like 2

For the peeps that have not taken the ZVC update and disabled the notification from GoogleServiceFramework, have you gotten another update notification that won't clear? Like recently?

Additionally, anyone using a custom PRL, have you noticed that you got a profile refresh over the past 24 hours and now running stock PRL such as 51100? Also with the refresh have you noticed that your LTE band preferences have changed back to default? 

For the peeps that have not taken the ZVC update and disabled the notification from GoogleServiceFramework, have you gotten another update notification that won't clear? Like recently?

Additionally, anyone using a custom PRL, have you noticed that you got a profile refresh over the past 24 hours and now running stock PRL such as 51100? Also with the refresh have you noticed that your LTE band preferences have changed back to default? 

Interesting you ask this.... I'm on a ZVC build and got the update 2 nights ago, it was weird! I have actually never seen anything like it though. It did some update, then a PRL update and then it was done. I have no clue what was updated though, I am still on PRL 51100 and no other visible updates. 

What are you Band Preferences now? I'll look at mine and confirm.  I stopped changing them since I had to tot so many times getting the ZVC stuff figured out so I know mine are the way Sprint/LG wants them to be so curious as to what yours are "now" and what you had them at "before". 

• Like 1

Interesting you ask this.... I'm on a ZVC build and got the update 2 nights ago, it was weird! I have actually never seen anything like it though. It did some update, then a PRL update and then it was done. I have no clue what was updated though, I am still on PRL 51100 and no other visible updates. 

What are you Band Preferences now? I'll look at mine and confirm.  I stopped changing them since I had to tot so many times getting the ZVC stuff figured out so I know mine are the way Sprint/LG wants them to be so curious as to what yours are "now" and what you had them at "before". 

I had them set at B25=0 & B26, B41=1 and then data centric. After Dave posted in chat about a PRL update overnight but the PRL not changing, then also band priorities being changed, I checked mine and found it that all band priorities were set to 1, my PRL was 51100 but still in data centric mode. I've since changed them back to B25=0 and flashed my 800 priority PRL. Then this afternoon I got this notification:

2014-05-16%2015.23.04.png

I checked my Google Services Framework and the notification was already turned off:

2014-05-16%2015.23.48.png

I remember the hack on the S3 last year and eventually the notification popped back up and then after a few days the phone forced the update.

I wish Sprint would just leave crap alone. I'm in a Motorola/Samsung market, work in a legacy area bordered by NV where I have to have 800 service in order to make/receive phone calls and when I'm mobile I get any LTE that's out there. It works for me since I'm stuck in a contract "for the handset not the service".

:censored:

• Like 1

Last night I noticed my phone while using it do the update then Prl check... Don't notice anything different.. I do know anytime I do a profile check our Prl check it will always move it from cmda back to global.. While I'm at home I always leave it on CDMA because I'm right on the fringe and LTE doesn't work where I am..

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Good luck with

Good luck with KK ROMs. There's nothing 100% yet. I tried Mahdi, Cloudy* and one other one that I can't remember the name for and in those cases had no data connectivity. Those are ports from other LG G2 phones, the VS series. It supposedly has something to do with the APN lists but I've copied the APN list from stock Sprint KK and replaced the XML file and still did not have working data.

The only KK ROM I had working data on was Liquid Smooth beta. Everything worked except had a random reboot thing going on that was kernel related. It started with a reboot 1-2 days after flashing, then more frequently after that. After about a week it would happen during calls so I went back to stock JB.

Just my thoughts.

Thanks for your input. I think I'll heed your warning, and not flash a stock rom. I'll just use my n5 if I'm in a mood for stock. I basically wanted my g2 to be a n5 on steroids; better battery and camera.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Thanks for your input. I think I'll heed your warning, and not flash a stock rom. I'll just use my n5 if I'm in a mood for stock. I basically wanted my g2 to be a n5 on steroids; better battery and camera.

Sent from my LG-LS980

The stock Rom is great already. The modded kk roms all show to be even more great, super speedy, more responsive and dramatic increase on battery life. I was getting more than 30 hours per charge. Once they get the kernel bugs worked out, things will get awesome. Never thought that such a great phone could be improved upon.

What Sprint has done with ZVC Though is ruined it. Maybe it was on purpose to drive sales of newer handsets. Maybe it was a byproduct of their engineering. Either way it was a disappointing move after seeing what the developers have done.

• Like 1

I actually don't mind the stock rom on this phone, it's just very bloated. I'm thinking of just rooting and running greenify to try and make a great battery even better. Have any other tips or good guides for removing the bloat?

Sent from my LG-LS980