LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

I haven't charged my phone since Monday morning and I am holding strong at 48% remaining. I might be able to make it to Friday at this pace. Holy Kitkat, Batman!

congrats to you. That is awesome. My battery went to hell. Other issues like what others are saying too. The music player issue, the freezing and lagging. I got my replacement yesterday.

No kk and I'm excited

I have been going since four a.m. and played Pandora four hours straight.

I just now got to twenty percent with moderate use.

No freezing or lagging either. Music player works great.

I hope they get a fix for kk. I won't download till then or it does it by itself.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I haven't charged my phone since Monday morning and I am holding strong at 48% remaining. I might be able to make it to Friday at this pace. Holy Kitkat, Batman!

Are you a light user of your phone?

Money is on yes.... Light probably is an over statement with that battery life. :P

• Like 1

Money is on yes.... Light probably is an over statement with that battery life. :P

Right. I know if I didn't stream music all day I could get a lot longer life. But I'm always streaming music and talking on hangout or social media when not busy at work.

Same problem on my end ever since kitkat. Really annoying.

I am having this same issue. I have only used Play Music once since the update and it was music pinned to the phone. This happens on at least half the songs. I would have to go to the next track to get it going again.

No solutions, but I share your pain. Was going to do a factory reset over the weekend and hate to hear that it did not help!

I'm usually a heavy user, but the past few days I have been busy with other things so I'm on the iPad or laptop more while I surf. I have sent a good number of texts and made a few calls that were only a couple of minutes each while also checking gmail often, but basically that is all standby time while using the phone occasionally for phone related tasks and not streaming Spotify or going online much. I only have just over an hour of screen time so far. Right now, I want to see if I can get through the week on one charge. Even when I used my phone lightly before kitkat, I never saw the phone last this long before. This is like pre-smartphone days when my Nokia flip phone would go 5 days on a charge. Without internet, there wasn't much need to use the phone heavily back then.

I'm usually a heavy user, but the past few days I have been busy with other things so I'm on the iPad or laptop more while I surf. I have sent a good number of texts and made a few calls that were only a couple of minutes each while also checking gmail often, but basically that is all standby time while using the phone occasionally for phone related tasks and not streaming Spotify or going online much. I only have just over an hour of screen time so far. Right now, I want to see if I can get through the week on one charge. Even when I used my phone lightly before kitkat, I never saw the phone last this long before. This is like pre-smartphone days when my Nokia flip phone would go 5 days on a charge. Without internet, there wasn't much need to use the phone heavily back then.

Yeah, standby has been very impressive. B)

I wanted to see how my standby time was so I unplugged it last night around 1 o'clock and I looked at it around 8 this morning and it had drained to 93% and the android kernel I posted earlier was responsible for 79% of the battery drain..7 % on standby seems kind of much..what do you think??

Also, do you unplug your phone as soon as it is fully charged or do you leave it plugged in until you actually need to unplug it..

I am having this same issue. I have only used Play Music once since the update and it was music pinned to the phone. This happens on at least half the songs. I would have to go to the next track to get it going again.

No solutions, but I share your pain. Was going to do a factory reset over the weekend and hate to hear that it did not help!

Same thing happening here on both wifi and cell networks. Not all the time but annoying. Sent feedback to Google about it. Unistalled app updates and did factory reset, but didn't help.

To all the haters: Maybe it was the force stopping of the google service framework to get the update that's causing it. NOOOOTTTT.

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

I'm due for an upgrade and debating between spending 200$ on S5 or going with a now cheaper G2.  Money aside, which one would you recommend?

Ever since Kitkat, I'd say the G2 has been wonderful.  The S5 has an SD slot and battery life based on reviews seem to be about equal.  The G2 will probably be easier to mod (although Sprint's is still difficult.)  

TD;LR,

GS5

- Water Resistant.

- Removable Battery

- Less on board storage but has SD slot option.

- Physical buttons (Back, Home, Recents.)

LG G2

- Prettier design (imo)

- Great battery life (although non-removable.)

- No SD Slot.

- Tap to wake

- Customizable navigation bar.

- Good LTE/3G radio.

• Like 3

I'm going to go Sunday to play with them. Didn't know if anyone who's a Samsung user switched to LG. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I have used both samsung and LG. Honestly they both have their quirks, benefits, and such. It is up to user and how they like the feel of the product. If you are considering the s5, Target is offering it for $99 with a trade in of any working smartphone. Not bad, but besg bet is to try all of the devices you are considering. Only you will know what you want.

So I just bought a G2 on amazon, going to see if I like it better than the Nexus 5. I really am looking forward to better battery life, and spark capability... But not too excited about decreased RF performance. Anyone have experience with both phones and have any opinions?

So I just bought a G2 on amazon, going to see if I like it better than the Nexus 5. I really am looking forward to better battery life, and spark capability... But not too excited about decreased RF performance. Anyone have experience with both phones and have any opinions?

I had both. The N5 really is a God tier phone when it comes to Band 25 reception. On average it had about 8dBm difference in quality. However, the larger screen and battery on the G2 kept me happy. :-)

When both had LTE, the G2 would appear to pull faster speeds, even at lower signal thresholds. Maybe the Optimus Skin on LG is optimized or something for that.

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 1

Anyone else having an issue with knock on since the KitKat update? Before the update, I would double tap and phone would turn on like it is supposed to do. Since KitKat it is not as responsive. I have to hit the scrren sometimes 4 times beefore turning on.

I'm going to go Sunday to play with them. Didn't know if anyone who's a Samsung user switched to LG.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

My only beef with Samsung is the Knox bootloader. On the S3's they figured out how to get around Knox eventually because it was an OTA. The S5's will have Knox out of the box. I don't trust the fact that a bootloader was developed for a manufacturer by the NSA. I don't do anything illegal but at the same time I like knowing they're not watching what I'm doing out of boredom.

I've not seen the S5 but let me tell a brief story. I had already bought the G2 but it had no SIM, it was used. While at a Sprint store getting a SIM installed and getting the phone activated I had the opportunity to talk to the LG rep. I deal with sales reps all the time. When I was done, I was glad I bought the G2. Now that I've used it for two months, I can't recommend any other phone. I can't imagine what's coming in the G3...

• Like 2

I thought with KitKat we would be able to utilize the entire screen for viewing disappearing buttons). I am using the stock browser and the buttons are still there. Whats the deal?

I've noticed certain apps support full screen on kitkat. I've only had the update for a day, but so far I've seen full screen in google drive, Polaris and plants v zombies.

91 hours on my battery. I just spent 15 minutes on the phone with ADT but from the estimate, I can still make it to 100 hours. I don't know why, but I feel really excited to see it hit 100. My wife thinks I am crazy, but I will show her...

• Like 3

91 hours on my battery. I just spent 15 minutes on the phone with ADT but from the estimate, I can still make it to 100 hours. I don't know why, but I feel really excited to see it hit 100. My wife thinks I am crazy, but I will show her...

Screenshot.? :P

• Like 2

Dammit boy.. Do you use your smart phone for anything smart? Lol.. I'm already at 61%for the day..

Also, I've noticed the sensor isn't that great after the update.. Playing hill climb the isa delay when pushing the gas and brake.. Might just be the game.. But I've noticed Firefox glitching a little bit and Swype messing up (was working good for made until the update)had to download touch pal.. Seems better than swiftkey ..also the kernel thing it's still the main culprit for battery consumption.. Any ideas on what to do about that?