LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

After playing around with kitkat for a few hours. The new baseband seems largely unchanged signal wise. Its behaving the same im losing lte in the normal places and getting it in the normal places. What I did notice though is signal strength doesnt fluctuate no where near as much as it used to.

The google services framework seemed to work for me too. I restored back to ZV7 and got up to ZVA quickly. Then it wouldn't pull the ZVC update but after force stopping the framework and clearing data then checking for an update about 4 times it finally showed up.

Well no such luck...

I've attempted Force Stop and Cleared Data at least 5 times in Google Service Framework and every time I hit check now on the LG Update software it simple show the current time.

Really tempted to simply do a factory reset and see if that works but I'll keep trying....

Well no such luck...

I've attempted Force Stop and Cleared Data at least 5 times in Google Service Framework and every time I hit check now on the LG Update software it simple show the current time.

Really tempted to simply do a factory reset and see if that works but I'll keep trying....

When you clear the data and go to check for updates does it show something like "Last Checked for Updates on 12/31/1969"? 

Again, it took a couple tries for me but it definitely seems to be working for most.

• Like 1

When you clear the data and go to check for updates does it show something like "Last Checked for Updates on 12/31/1969"? 

Again, it took a couple tries for me but it definitely seems to be working for most.

Yes, everytime

Just as a "you have been warned" kind of thing:

http://www.talkandroid.com/185088-google-engineer-explains-why-you-shouldnt-clear-google-services-framework-data/

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.

Edited by VW Maverick

Well...mine is completely toast...my impatience got the best of me...any one have any step by steps on  going back to the ZV7 updates and starting fresh? 

Well...mine is completely toast...my impatience got the best of me...any one have any step by steps on  going back to the ZV7 updates and starting fresh? 

Boot-loop?  Yeah, I had the same thing.  I found instructions on XDA.  Search for "LG G2 XDA" then go to G2 General -> LG G2 Stock Firmware (Go Back to Stock) 

Note:  It does delete everything...  I assume you are aware, but I just wanted to make sure.

I used the instructions for AT&T and Sprint which are located a little bit down the first post. 

No need...

ADB Sideload works, but you have to do it 3 times...

Do the sideload once... then instead of rebooting the system when it boots back to recovery, do the sideload again.  

Again, when it reboots to recovery, do the sideload a third time.... THEN it will do all the patching, etc, and when that's all done, it'll say install from ADB complete.  NOW reboot the system and it boots up to KitKat.

• Like 1

You might not need to restore to stock.

I got stuck in the bootloop as well and started the firmware download intending to do a restore. I went into download mode, then powered off.

When I powered back on, I was back to recovery. I figured since I was going to restore anyway, might as well give the update a try again since I saw the following on XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=51533599&postcount=612

If you can get back to recovery, give it another try.

You might not need to restore to stock.

I got stuck in the bootloop as well and started the firmware download intending to do a restore. I went into download mode, then powered off.

When I powered back on, I was back to recovery. I figured since I was going to restore anyway, might as well give the update a try again since I saw the following on XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=51533599&postcount=612

If you can get back to recovery, give it another try.

That's what I tried, but my G2 got stuck every time on "Loading Recovery Mode" and would just sit there.  Oh well.  At least my phone is nice and clean like the day I bought it!  I had a ton of junk on there to clean up anyway.  I had my pictures and music backed up..  Just somehow forgot my contacts.  :rolleyes:

Just as a "you have been warned" kind of thing:

http://www.talkandroid.com/185088-google-engineer-explains-why-you-shouldnt-clear-google-services-framework-data/

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.

Oh it's not that bad in reading the article. I thought it was catastrophic the way a hand full of people on social networks were describing it. A simple factory reset which I do anyhow after each major software update addresses the issue.

Thanks though! :wavey:

That's what I tried, but my G2 got stuck every time on "Loading Recovery Mode" and would just sit there.  Oh well.  At least my phone is nice and clean like the day I bought it!  I had a ton of junk on there to clean up anyway.  I had my pictures and music backed up..  Just somehow forgot my contacts.  :rolleyes:

Yea I'm not sure quite how I was able to get back into recovery. 

I saw the same message...multiple times. It was only after I got into download mode(to make sure I actually could), then powered off, then back on that recovery loaded properly.

I probably got lucky and it working after download mode, was a coincidence.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wall::drool::ty:

http://imgur.com/RnB3d2u

Apparently I wasn't allowing enough time between Force Stop/Clearing Data and systems update/LG Software Update check. So this time after stopping and clearing Google Service Framework I headed to Systems update/LG Software Update and waited 5-10 minutes before I tapped on Check Update.

Viola it worked.

• Like 2

anyone received KK update today? it was announced sprint was pushing it out today

That's been the entire mornings discussion :). Most of us have had success getting the update by clearing the data from google services framework.

• Like 2