Softbank - New Sprint - Discussion

linhpham2

Speaking of other networks, according to the Verge article, it seems that Google was talking with both Verizon (in 2014) and Sprint (in early 2013 before being taken over by Softbank) about buying access to a network to run its own wireless service.

It would probably be a whole different world if that ever happened.

TS

• Like 2

Speaking of other networks, according to the Verge article, it seems that Google was talking with both Verizon (in 2014) and Sprint (in early 2013 before being taken over by Softbank) about buying access to a network to run its own wireless service.

It would probably be a whole different world if that ever happened.

TS

I can still see them approaching Sprint wanting to operate in an MVNO model. 

• Like 2

If google and sprint can form up a network hosting agreement then that would be awesome for us right?

Sprint would definitely get lots of good press, but of course many people will assume that the improved network is of Google's doing rather than Sprint's.

• Like 1

Sprint would definitely get lots of good press, but of course many people will assume that the improved network is of Google's doing rather than Sprint's.

Meh, let them say what they will. To quote the mom in the Framily commercial: "It's gonna save us a ton. Sprint can call it whatever they want."

So if partnering with Goggle can help improve the network and faster, the uninformed masses can give the credit to whomever they want. :tu:

• Like 2

Meh, let them say what they will. To quote the mom in the Framily commercial: "It's gonna save us a ton. Sprint can call it whatever they want."

So if partnering with Goggle can help improve the network and faster, the uninformed masses can give the credit to whomever they want. :tu:

You're right. It doesn't matter. :) At this point, any good press is a rare blessing.

But I am still mildly angry that Sprint will not be able to repair it's reputation without switching branding or merging. I wish SoftBank would just expedite NV and focus on nothing but trying to retain and gain customers under the existing brand. But that's just me and my fanboyish self.  :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

You're right. It doesn't matter. :) At this point, any good press is a rare blessing.

But I am still mildly angry that Sprint will not be able to repair it's reputation without switching branding or merging. I wish SoftBank would just expedite NV and focus on nothing but trying to retain and gain customers under the existing brand. But that's just me and my fanboyish self. :rolleyes:

Since you are premier, go to the 800 lte discussion thread and read Roberts post about son. This might answer your want.
  • Like 1

Since you are premier, go to the 800 lte discussion thread and read Roberts post about son. This might answer your want.

Hi, can you link specifically to this? Or at least which thread?

I was looking for it earlier during my train ride and I couldn't find it. 

Hi, can you link specifically to this? Or at least which thread?

I was looking for it earlier during my train ride and I couldn't find it. 

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4346-lte-800-deployment-schedule-maps/?p=302964

I should have given the link for you in the beginning. I realized that thread really blew up after this post. If this doesn't, lets debate it.  Robert has the statistics to prove that change is occurring.

• Like 2

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4346-lte-800-deployment-schedule-maps/?p=302964

I should have given the link for you in the beginning. I realized that thread really blew up after this post. If this doesn't, lets debate it. Robert has the statistics to prove that change is occurring.

I hope real change is happening this time...

:-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope real change is happening this time...

:-)

Well I consider this to be quite a change as they began nationwide permitting about a month ago and already have equipment being deployed. 

• Like 4

Well I consider this to be quite a change as they began nationwide permitting about a month ago and already have equipment being deployed.

that is cool... I'll hold enthusiasm till I can hold a steady lte service (where I use my device).

Thanks though as that is very encouraging!!

John

Vodafone ticks higher amid SoftBank rumors; Sprint, T-Mobile lower

10:45 AM ET • SFTBF

With all signs suggesting U.S. regulators remain opposed to a Sprint/T-Mobile USA merger in spite of Masayoshi Son's PR campaign, rumors have emerged SoftBank (SFTBF) will turn its sights on acquiring Vodafone (VOD +0.9%) if its efforts to fuse the #3 and #4 U.S. carriers are thwarted.

It's worth noting Vodafone ($96B market cap) would be much harder for SoftBank ($87B) to digest than T-Mobile ($26B). If it was to try, SoftBank would doubtlessly make use of its 37% stake in soon-to-be-public Alibaba (could have a $50B+ pre-tax value).

Sprint (S -2.6%) and T-Mobile (TMUS -1.5%) are seeing

SO now they want to focus in a bigger fish.

So if he acquires Vodafone is that Verizon wireless. I'm kinda confused.

No, Verizon finally bought Vodafone's share of verizon wireless last year.  The sale was completed a couple of months ago. 

http://newscenter.verizon.com/corporate/news-articles/2014/02-21-acquisition-of-vodafone-stake-in-vzw-complete/

• Like 1

Isn't Vodafone larger than Softbank? That deal seems highly unlikely to become a real thing. They're better off going for Deutsche Telekom and even then, I don't think the German government would like having a foreign compnay controlling a majority stake in a company that the German government is invested in.

So I guess my question would be then that what good would come from it for sprints sake from buying vodafone out here in the u.s. particularly.

So I guess my question would be then that what good would come from it for sprints sake from buying vodafone out here in the u.s. particularly.

The one central/most obvious thing would be what Masa has been preaching even before the Sprint acquisition....better economy of scale and better strength of position, in particular when it comes to buying devices from phone manufacturers.

• Like 1