LG G2 -- the first Sprint tri band LTE handset (was "LG Optimus G2")

Thai

I think that most of that was due to the wimax radio. They had to design the phone differently anyway so sprint had exclusive phones/ models. Pretty sure those days are over now except for verizons love for droid phones.

I suppose having tri band lte could have the same effect.

I was supposed to move on from mp3's to online streaming? Damn! Missed another trend.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

It's ok...I still haven't moved on to mp3s!  I'm still in the stone age, buying cds and converting to lossless formats.  And worse yet, I listen to the actual cds themselves sometimes!

For the sprint version of the One for example, there isn't an actual unlock code but they will unlock the device for you over the air through an update that they will push to the device.  The only catch is that the device will have to be activated on your account for a minimum of 90 consecutive days and of course your account will have to be in good standing.  A few weeks ago, someone over on xda figured out how to manually make the same change but you will have to be rooted to do so(not sure if rooted option works on the gs4).

just to make sure I am grasping this correctly. If I had Sprint push the unlocked OTA update then I would be able to slap another sim and use that service after making sure that network supports the same spectrum ranges?

just to make sure I am grasping this correctly. If I had Sprint push the unlocked OTA update then I would be able to slap another sim and use that service after making sure that network supports the same spectrum ranges?

Your miles may very but basically yeah. Check out the thread over on xda, there are few that have issues and others that don't.

Pretty much, although my understanding is there can be a second, lower-level lock that blocks using US GSM/UMTS networks (eg AT&T and T-Mobile) even if the phone/device hardware supports the US frequencies.

I've actually grown fond of the new G2 now.

Here's a Sprint Webpage.

http://www.sprint.com/landings/lg_g2/index.html?ECID=vanity:lgg2

Looks like they're ditching LG's unique signal bars for the ICS ones colored blue. First thing I'm going to do is revert that. Lol

Where can I find a pic of these great signal bars you speak of

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

i just want Sprint to update the "4G" icon to have a  "4GLTE" icon to be on par with the rest of other major carriers.  Sprint should be trying to distance themselves from Wimax so they should have a 4G LTE icon.

• Like 2

i just want Sprint to update the "4G" icon to have a  "4GLTE" icon to be on par with the rest of other major carriers.  Sprint should be trying to distance themselves from Wimax so they should have a 4G LTE icon.

Maybe it should say something like "Super Ultra 4G Xtreme Max" just to distance Sprint from the lesser LTE carriers

• Like 2

Looks like the LG G2 will have below average battery life for gaming.

http://www.latinospost.com/articles/25564/20130814/lg-g2-release-date-specs-price-update-new-battery-tests.htm

The browsing/video watching look stellar, just gaming took a hit on the battery.  Wonder if that's why they're including a 3,000 MAh battery in the U.S. versions.  The Korean version comes with an additional battery.  Both 2600 MAh.

Looks like the LG G2 will have below average battery life for gaming.

http://www.latinospost.com/articles/25564/20130814/lg-g2-release-date-specs-price-update-new-battery-tests.htm

The browsing/video watching look stellar, just gaming took a hit on the battery.  Wonder if that's why they're including a 3,000 MAh battery in the U.S. versions.  The Korean version comes with an additional battery.  Both 2600 MAh.

I wouldn't worry too much yet.

The "gaming" numbers are opengl benchmarks, not actual gameplay. 

A benchmarking program is made to max out the CPU/GPU, and consequently will cause the highest possible drain on the battery.

If designed properly, a game shouldn't use any more resources than necessary. Real-world battery life will vary a lot from one game to the next.

It would be nice if they showed us the framerate each phone got running the benchmark app. 

I wouldn't worry too much yet.

The "gaming" numbers are opengl benchmarks, not actual gameplay.

A benchmarking program is made to max out the CPU/GPU, and consequently will cause the highest possible drain on the battery.

If designed properly, a game shouldn't use any more resources than necessary. Real-world battery life will vary a lot from one game to the next.

It would be nice if they showed us the framerate each phone got running the benchmark app.

This makes me feel a bit better. There's a new NDS emulator and I'd love to run it on the G2. :P

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

So there apparently WILL be some carrier customization to this phone as Verizon will get wireless charging. http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/15/verizon-g2-wireless-charging/

I wonder if Sprint will change it up as well..

Also, VZW tweaked the volume buttons.

So there apparently WILL be some carrier customization to this phone as Verizon will get wireless charging. http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/15/verizon-g2-wireless-charging/

Interesting. Sprint appears to have the same external design in terms in cosmetics, but we'll see if they do anything special. That'd be nice.

So there apparently WILL be some carrier customization to this phone as Verizon will get wireless charging. http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/15/verizon-g2-wireless-charging/

Too bad the Verizon LG G2 variant won't be release until early 2014 with 100 Verizon logos on it.

• Like 3

Too bad the Verizon LG G2 variant won't be release until early 2014 with 100 Verizon logos on it.

Wow!  Plus, that Verizon logo off to the side of the ear piece looks totally out of place. Almost as if someone rigged it up after the fact.  Silly... but, kinda funny, really! 

Wow!  Plus, that Verizon logo off to the side of the ear piece looks totally out of place. Almost as if someone rigged it up after the fact.  Silly... but, kinda funny, really! 

Just like the Verizon logo emblazoned across the HOME button on the Note II. It's centered at least, but it's ugly as sin.

Fun fact, the Verizon and Sprint NOTE II's use the same exact screen assembly, they are interchangeable.

Just like the Verizon logo emblazoned across the HOME button on the Note II. It's centered at least, but it's ugly as sin.

Fun fact, the Verizon and Sprint NOTE II's use the same exact screen assembly, they are interchangeable.

Funny story, my friend who has a GS3 had dead pixels and had an exchange through Best Buy's insurance and when he got the phone back, they gave him an AT&T back cover. LOL!

Funny story, my friend who has a GS3 had dead pixels and had an exchange through Best Buy's insurance and when he got the phone back, they gave him an AT&T back cover. LOL!

Refurbished?