Sprint TD-LTE 2500/2600mhz Discussion

Ha, good thing I don't have a basement, and for the bigger buildings, I'll have LTE 800 to fall back on. :P

"This city's got big buildings.  I like food.  Bye"

http://www.comedycentral.com/video-clips/ad7jtu/comedy-central-presents-people-with-glasses

AJ

Yes, megaBits, not megaBytes. 25 megabytes/sec * 8 = 200 megabits per sec.

Yes indeed, you got me.  I misread your post.  Not the first mistake I made today!  :blush:

Robert

Surprised no one suggested this before.

I have 50Mbps DOWN by 25Mbps UP cable connection at home and my speedtest never go above 35Mbps down on my Note 2 while on my desktop i can hit 58-60Mbps down consistently.

When tri-band phones become available we will see the true potential of the new 2500 network. 

Robert why don't you go back to Denver and re-test the Netgear hotspot using your desktop  :tu:

Pretty please  :D

Not being a pest here I hope.. but wondered is your Router 2.4 Ghz ?  My Asus Router is higher end and does both 2.4 and 5Ghz.. My iphone 5 will not do anywhere near the 50 Mb/s down on 2.4 ghz Wi-Fi channels, but once I connect to the 5Ghz Wi-Fi Im getting 50 Mb/s consistently..  I've seen on forums where many never get anywhere near those speeds on other forums and most think its the limitation of the iPhone 5, while I can assure anyone it's not.. This could be the case for your Note 2..

• Like 1

Alright, everyone. Let's throw some cash Robert's way via that Sponsorship link. It's the right thing to do!  :tu:

I received donations from you and AJ.  Thank you very much!  I guess no one else wants to sponsor Robert's Big Denver TD-LTE Adventure.   :(

Robert

EDIT:  Also thanks to Nickel, nulldagger, thewezgrays, newboyx, tongboy, dkoellerwx and squigey

• Like 3

I received donations from you and AJ. Thank you very much! I guess no one else wants to sponsor Robert's Big Denver TD-LTE Adventure. :(

Robert

EDIT: Also thanks to tongboy, dkoellerwx and squigey

I pledged $5 per MO market LTE acceptance this week, too. So, once we have a tally for the week, you'll get another donation. ;)

• Like 2

I received donations from you and AJ. Thank you very much! I guess no one else wants to sponsor Robert's Big Denver TD-LTE Adventure. :(

Robert

EDIT: Also thanks to tongboy, dkoellerwx and squigey

I will send a bit over in the AM.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

I wonder if the moto x will be Triband? I haven't read the specs yet in the phone

I'm guessing no because Sprint already has press releases stating that the first tribands will arrive late 4Q this year and Moto X is coming out September.

Edited by bluespruce1901

I'm guessing no because Sprint already has press releases stating that the first tribands will arrive late 4Q this year and Moto X is coming out September.

How is Sprint going to compute the "average" speeds that it's gonna quote for TD-LTE advertising?

We start at the peak 40 MHz TD-LTE 3:2 configuration speed per sector - 90mbps - and . . . how does it compute the average speed?

http://www.lte-tdd.org/second/index.aspx?nodeid=88&page=ContentPage&contentid=781

Edited by bluespruce1901

I apologize if someone has posted this already but Robert's speedtest results in Denver have made it to an article on the GTI website.  S4GRU.com given a shoutout at the GTI website.

http://www.lte-tdd.org/second/index.aspx?nodeid=88&page=ContentPage&contentid=781

Oh lordy, it is just syndication of Neal's ExtremeTech article.

AJ

• Like 1

I received donations from you and AJ.  Thank you very much!  I guess no one else wants to sponsor Robert's Big Denver TD-LTE Adventure.   :(

Robert

EDIT:  Also thanks to tongboy, dkoellerwx and squigey

It ain't much - but I will throw $5 your way toward your roadtrip in memory of our first LTE site going live here at the beach (which will make an appearance on Sensorly tomorrow morning thanks to my crappy EVOLTE!)

• Like 3

It will be a huge bummer if the iPhone 5S didn't get a tri-band chip in time for this :(

If Sprint said the devices will be launching "Late 4Q" as said above, the iPhone's got no shot.

Triband smartphones are launching late 3rd Quarter, not late 4th Quarter. That poster is either mistaken or typo'd.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

I wonder if the moto x will be Triband? I haven't read the specs yet in the phone

Rogers in Canada is getting a 2600 lte moto x. So we might get lucky. Who knows.

Sent from my Android HP Touchpad using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

Rogers in Canada is getting a 2600 lte moto x. So we might get lucky. Who knows.

Sent from my Android HP Touchpad using Tapatalk 4

No.

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=425753&fcc_id=IHDT56PB2

Fine. Pesky fcc. But I don't see why they can't release a variant down the line since they are already making them for the canucks.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

Quick question about Roberts testing. Was the 35 cap a limitation of the note 2s wifi or the router wifi? Or both? If you tested 2 devices at the same time would they both max out at 35 each or a combination of 35. And when you connect via usb later this weekend can you also connect another device via wifi? A simultaneous test would be interesting.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

If you haven't already donated for Robert's "Denver 2: TD-LTE Boogaloo" adventure, consider throwing some coin his way ... If anything, to buy his wife flowers.

• Like 8