Sprint TD-LTE 2500/2600mhz Discussion

Wow...pretty decent signal for a "basement". Can't wait to see what results you get today with the USB to Laptop connection.

It was a basement, but the site is on the roof of the building. In my room, I can't seem to get above 43Mbps DL/18Mbps UL. However, I'm underneath the panels here. Maybe I should try the balcony? If that doesn't work, I'll walk a few blocks and get in front of the panels...unless I can get on the roof. ;)

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 7

It was a basement, but the site is on the roof of the building. In my room, I can't seem to get above 43Mbps DL/18Mbps UL. However, I'm underneath the panels here. Maybe I should try the balcony? If that doesn't work, I'll walk a few blocks and get in front of the panels...unless I can get on the roof. ;)

Question:

Did you try connecting both your laptop and the Note and perform a speedtest at the same time? I was just wondering if 2600 might be throttled. Sorry if this was covered before in the thread...its really long!

OK...In my hotel room using my Netgear Zing 771S USB tethered to my laptop, bypassing the WiFi, this is the best result I got on Download...  

gallery_1_23_121542.jpg

It peaked around 56Mbps, then steadily dropped until it stopped at 47Mbps at the conclusion of the test.

gallery_1_23_62654.jpg

In contrast, my Note 2 got this:  

gallery_1_23_361794.png

So I believe my Note 2 is getting a lot of WiFI interference from several competing WiFi signals in my hotel.  Using the laptop tethered directly to the MiFi is the way to go.

So far if you cherry pick the best test result items, here is what I've encountered USB tethered to laptop:

Best Download speed:  56Mbps peak, 47Mbps completed test

Best Upload speed:  18Mbps

Best ping:  58ms  

So far the best test result using the Note 2 on WiFi:  

Best Download speed:  36Mbps

Best Upload speed: 20Mbps

Best ping:  88ms

• Like 8

Did you figure out if that hotspot can do more than one spatial stream on the wifi yet?

I think with the all the WiFi pollution in my current location, switching to WiFi will result in lesser speeds.  Even if it is dual stream.  So it will not be conclusive here.  When I take this testing mobile later, I'll give it a whirl.

Robert

• Like 1

Moving the testing out to the balcony.

uploadfromtaptalk1375545104801.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 2

Robert, your EARFCN 40978 indicates a 2628.8 MHz center frequency, putting this TDD carrier in BRS blocks.  As you move around among sites and sectors, keep a log of your EARFCNs.  Let us see if it changes.

AJ

• Like 2

Robert, your EARFCN 40978 indicates a 2628.8 MHz center frequency, putting this TDD carrier in BRS blocks.  As you move around among sites and sectors, keep a log of your EARFCNs.  Let us see if it changes.

AJ

I'm curious if he is keeping track of the cell IDs as well.  Those look like decimal style global cell identity numbers.

I think with the all the WiFi pollution in my current location, switching to WiFi will result in lesser speeds.  Even if it is dual stream.  So it will not be conclusive here.  When I take this testing mobile later, I'll give it a whirl.

Robert

I'm thinking these hotspots only do 1x1 on the wifi side, just a wireless nerd being curious if they can do 2x2 wifi.  I have used 2x2 in a heavy wifi environment and being close to the router still allowed for the 130+ handshake indicated on the laptop. 

• Like 1

Robert, your EARFCN 40978 indicates a 2628.8 MHz center frequency, putting this TDD carrier in BRS blocks. As you move around among sites and sectors, keep a log of your EARFCNs. Let us see if it changes.

AJ

So far, every site I've connected to has been 40978. I'm keeping track of everything. I will definitely post any differences I come across.

• Like 2

We got severely delayed by a car accident/construction mess in Colorado Springs. We are checked into the hotel and my wife and I are even have a drink together for the first time in years.

Down in the basement lounge here I'm still getting a respectable TD-LTE 2600 signal and good speeds.

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1375503101128.jpg

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1375503129219.jpg

More testing later...in the morning.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sent a donation, have some more drinks with the wifey tonight!  :D  Please try to get 75Mbps speed test so I can send to John Legere.  :tu:

• Like 3

I'm curious if he is keeping track of the cell IDs as well. Those look like decimal style global cell identity numbers.

Definitely. I will be updating them on the Premier Sponsor TD-LTE site map.

• Like 3

2878887382.png

Best final result so far inside the hotel. We are now calling the valet for our car and about to go mobile. I have had to switch to the 12GB hotspot plan for the remainder of this billing period. I'm burning through the GB's! AJ is twitching. :)

Robert

EDIT:  Got one even slightly better:
 2878911582.png

• Like 10

I have had to switch to the 12GB hotspot plan for the remainder of this billing period.  I'm burning through the GB's!  AJ is twitching.   :)

Yep, you are definitely giving me the heebie-GBs.

AJ

• Like 10

2878902133.png

This is the best Band 25 test from my hotel.  Seeing how the nearest site is approx 8 miles away, that's not bad at all.  -113dBm RSRP, Cell ID 138486529.

Robert

• Like 1

Oh, wait? What? We were supposed to leave the kids? Damn!

I guess the bed doesn't have red silk sheets and rotates either then.

• Like 1

2878902133.png

This is the best Band 25 test from my hotel.  Seeing how the nearest site is approx 8 miles away, that's not bad at all.  -113dBm RSRP, Cell ID 138486529.

Robert

Incredible!  8 Miles away & inside!  Holy Sheet! and at -113dBm!

• Like 1

That Zing seems to have quite the 1900 antenna in it, 8 miles away. The MiFi 500 is having trouble getting a site 2 miles away. Mind you, there's nothing but dirt and trees and rock in the way, instead of clear atmosphere...

Do you think the reason you haven't gotten above ~50 Mbps is backhaul?

In other news, the MiFi 500's lte_available file is anything but plaintext... No idea how to read it. I'll post it if anyone's interested.

I guess the bed doesn't have red silk sheets and rotates either then.

No, Mr. J.W. Marriott was quite a prude.  ;)

Robert

• Like 2

There is a new Band 25 LTE site in Thornton, adjacent to some Clearwire TD-LTE 2600 sites.  I'm going to see if I can do some hand off testing.

Robert

• Like 2

Oh, wait? What? We were supposed to leave the kids? Damn!

Yes.  Then, meanwhile back at the Herron compound in New Mexico...

AJ

• Like 7

Okay, from a band plan perspective, here is what we are looking at for the TD-LTE carrier in Denver.  It is located right at the low end of the contiguous 55.5 MHz of BRS spectrum that is counted as part of the spectrum screen.

15zsch0.png

AJ

• Like 9

Sent a donation, have some more drinks with the wifey tonight!  :D  Please try to get 75Mbps speed test so I can send to John Legere.  :tu:

Please Youtube any speeds over 70Mbps.  Don't want John Legere to say we had Photoshop the speed test.  ;)

• Like 5