HTC One preview thread (was "Any M7 takers?")

Feech

You will be able to turn zoe one or off. What's nice about doe is you can easily fix pictures if someone wasn't look or smiling at the camera. It can also do stills like what you would see in a skate or surf magazine, like action shots, but on a single image.

I wonder if the Zoe feature can be set to do the 'burst' photo feature, but not take video.

Honestly, I have never found a use for the video capture feature on my current OG EVO. Also, captured video takes up a lot of space on the memory.

As for the Blinkfeed, as long as I can set it to news and sports sites, instead of Social Networking sites, I might find a use for it.

I wonder if the Zoe feature can be set to do the 'burst' photo feature, but not take video.

Honestly, I have never found a use for the video capture feature on my current OG EVO. Also, captured video takes up a lot of space on the memory.

As for the Blinkfeed, as long as I can set it to news and sports sites, instead of Social Networking sites, I might find a use for it.

Burst mode can be done separately from zoe mode. Just hold down the capture button and thats it, just like on the current evo/one x.

• Like 1

Well zoom on any camera affects the quality cuz it's digital zoom. They crop the picture then blow it up to the original resolution, which makes the quality of the picture suffer.

You mean on a cell phone camera. Many point and shoot type cameras have optical and digital zoom. Anyhow, the point is how useful is the camera going to be if you get too much distortion on a zoomed in picture?

Themuffian is correct about burst shot. Zoe is more for the short videos with several editing features.

As for blinkfeed you can do sports and a large variety of news.

• Like 1

You mean on a cell phone camera. Many point and shoot type cameras have optical and digital zoom. Anyhow, the point is how useful is the camera going to be if you get too much distortion on a zoomed in picture?

Well my point was digital zoom specifically on any camera, cell phone or not. Sorry I should have made that clear.
  • Like 1

Even though the evo has its lte issues your experience is far from ideal for you to cast any judgement on how it will perform once an area is reasonably covered. In any event though, it does look like the htc one will perform better based on what we can tell so far.

My experience was not a result of bad coverage. I was standing in a spot with a full 4g signal and the phone switched to 3G as soon as I opened the browser. I had to toggle airplane mode to get it to switch back. Same thing happened over and over again. You would have to hope HTC would fix this issue in the new HTC One.

• Like 1

My experience was not a result of bad coverage. I was standing in a spot with a full 4g signal and the phone switched to 3G as soon as I opened the browser. I had to toggle airplane mode to get it to switch back. Same thing happened over and over again. You would have to hope HTC would fix this issue in the new HTC One.

What was the RSRP of the signal? I'm presuming you were right on the edge of a signal and once it was low enough it fell back to 3G. Then cycling the radio forced it to scan again, then the same thing happens. The EVO LTE is definitely not a good RF performer compared to other devices but from what you described sounds typical of being in a low LTE signal area.
  • Like 1

Keep in mind that your bars represent voice (1x) strength and not your lte signal strength so even though you thought you had full lte connection, you really didn't which takes me back to what I said previously which was you were probably on the edge of actual lte coverage. Like what leerage said right above me, the next time you get a 4g signal go into your settings and get the rsrp of the lte signal. The evo lte has taken a rightfully deserved beating when it comes to lte performance but a lot of improvements have been made over time.

I don't know about this. The Galaxy SIV IMO looks just like the s3, so in hand, it'll feel like the same device. On the other hand, the One looks very neat and I think it has potential. I have an external SD card, so buying the HTC One would render my external card useless. Also, I dislike how much HTC locks down their devices. I love being able to mod the look and feel of the software. Hands down, Samsung is better in this field. Not only that, but Samsung always seems to yield better modem performance. On the HTC evo 3d (which I returned within my 14 day period) and the evo lte (which I opted out on) both have rather weak radios. Other thing is lack of a menu button. Come on, HTC.

I'll probably stick with my S3 for now and see what comes out later this year (hopefully the next Nexus on Sprint?) ;)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know about this. The Galaxy SIV IMO looks just like the s3, so in hand, it'll feel like the same device. On the other hand, the One looks very neat and I think it has potential. I have an external SD card, so buying the HTC One would render my external card useless. Also, I dislike how much HTC locks down their devices. I love being able to mod the look and feel of the software. Hands down, Samsung is better in this field. Not only that, but Samsung always seems to yield better modem performance. On the HTC evo 3d (which I returned within my 14 day period) and the evo lte (which I opted out on) both have rather weak radios. Other thing is lack of a menu button. Come on, HTC.

I'll probably stick with my S3 for now and see what comes out later this year (hopefully the next Nexus on Sprint?) ;)

Htc is known for having strong radios. The 3d was great. The evo lte was a programming issue that wouldn't keep a weak lte signal. The s2 had horrible radios. As I stated earlier I got the chance to play with the s4 and it feels a lot better than the s2 and s3. Sadly yes the one will make current sd cards pointless. I'm just excited about the dual front facing speakers. I've been saying they need to do that since the HTC touch pro 2.

• Like 1

Htc is known for having strong radios. The 3d was great. The evo lte was a programming issue that wouldn't keep a weak lte signal. The s2 had horrible radios. As I stated earlier I got the chance to play with the s4 and it feels a lot better than the s2 and s3. Sadly yes the one will make current sd cards pointless. I'm just excited about the dual front facing speakers. I've been saying they need to do that since the HTC touch pro 2.

Yeah, the sound on phones has always been bad. I hope these will more then make up for it.

• Like 1

This may be true but have you been in the one forums over on xda? There is quite a bit of support for it so far, pretty impressive actually.

With HTC Dev you can still flash ROMs. Yes, certain partitions are locked down but that's by design. If HTC unlocked all the partitions or actually gave users S-OFF through HTC Dev, that is just asking for trouble.

At that same time though for me I want S-OFF just because I know what I'm doing.

I had the chance to see and briefly use both the one and s4. The s4 is very light and more rectangular (watch for the lawsuit of a rectangle with rounded corners) than the s3 but you can tell its design is kind of a combination between the note 2 and s3.

The HTC One is close to my ideal phone, but sadly does not have tri-band LTE support.

I'm holding out for such a device. Looks like the Galaxy S4 won't have it either.

Maybe the next Motorola device, if it graces the Now Network...

It doesn't affect me as I have no desire for the 64 GB unit, but I think it stinks for those on Sprint & T-Mobile that AT&T were able to pull an exclusive such as this. I wish HTC still had the market pull to resist these types of variations, and hopefully this phone will be the start of a big turnaround for them. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the 64 GB version eventually makes their way into the T-Mobile & Sprint product lines.

I think there are some people that will care about 64GB on the HTC one, but those are few? And even fewer will make a network carrier decision (switching from Sprint to AT&T).

Too bad the HTC One doesn't have a microSD slot.

The HTC One is close to my ideal phone, but sadly does not have tri-band LTE support.

I'm holding out for such a device. Looks like the Galaxy S4 won't have it either.

Maybe the next Motorola device, if it graces the Now Network...

I still think widespread tri-band LTE is a year or more away. The iDen network @ 800 MHz is still operational until at least June 30th, 2013 so I don't think it's at all practical to release tri-band phones that support using bandwidth still operational under an old infrastructure. You may not see tri-band phones until 2014.

I still think widespread tri-band LTE is a year or more away. The iDen network @ 800 MHz is still operational until at least June 30th, 2013 so I don't think it's at all practical to release tri-band phones that support using bandwidth still operational under an old infrastructure. You may not see tri-band phones until 2014.
indeed, but I hold out hope. They can release phones that have hardware support for the network anytime, but leave connectivity disabled in the baseband. And then enable with a future firmware update.

Seems to be the best way to increase customer satisfaction and network reliability. Sprint still has two year contracts... :-) That is a long time to be using a phone that only supports 1900MHz LTE.

Sprint stated that they will start to release tri-band devices late this year. I'm sure we will see at least one phone with tri-band support before 2014. I'm banking in the Note 3 or the iPhone 5S being the first.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

It doesn't affect me as I have no desire for the 64 GB unit, but I think it stinks for those on Sprint & T-Mobile that AT&T were able to pull an exclusive such as this. I wish HTC still had the market pull to resist these types of variations, and hopefully this phone will be the start of a big turnaround for them. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the 64 GB version eventually makes their way into the T-Mobile & Sprint product lines.

I think there are some people that will care about 64GB on the HTC one, but those are few? And even fewer will make a network carrier decision (switching from Sprint to AT&T).

Too bad the HTC One doesn't have a microSD slot.

Personally I don't think that it will make that much of a difference in overall sales but for me I would rather get the 64gb variant. I travel quite often so I keep quite a bit of media on my 64gb sd card that's in my evo. There is no way I can do 32gb only and because of that the gs4 just earned itself a few more points. I really wish htc would stop with the exclusivity bs and just release what they have to everyone and call it a day.

• Like 1

You guys gotta realize att is billing HTC like how apple bullied sprint. Att probably said since here in the US we are the biggest carrier to carry your company saving phone, make it worth our while. If not then Sprint and T-Mobile are the only sellers. Lets face it att will for sell more individual units solely based on their size and number of customers they maintain, not to mention One X customers that are loyal to HTC. Not other US carrier carried the past main flag ship, either a variant(EVO LTE) or lower models(One S and One V).

You guys gotta realize att is billing HTC like how apple bullied sprint. Att probably said since here in the US we are the biggest carrier to carry your company saving phone, make it worth our while. If not then Sprint and T-Mobile are the only sellers. Lets face it att will for sell more individual units solely based on their size and number of customers they maintain, not to mention One X customers that are loyal to HTC. Not other US carrier carried the past main flag ship, either a variant(EVO LTE) or lower models(One S and One V).

Even though at&t is almost twice the size of sprint I highly doubt they sold twice as many one x's as sprint sold evo's. I wouldn't be surprised if it was about the same between the two carriers.