Network Vision/LTE - Washington DC Market

dstrait

The District is the same as Arlington. When you're in the right neighborhoods, it is amazing how much better your phone functions. Looking at the maps, it looks like most of the towers are ready for LTE but just need the backhaul.... come on fiber/cable...

Fairfax County does have many lit areas but I was in Fairfax City last night and it was no where to be found.  I wonder if they are not working on a tower though as there used to be decent coverage there.  Now there were zero bars or was roaming coverage only.

• Like 1

I was at Dulles Town Center and then Wegmans and had 3G in both. Kinda disappointed. I even flipped airplane mode on and off to make sure it wasn't the phone not getting the signal. Sensorly also says there are 4G reports in the Ballston area of Arlington but I spend my 40 hours a week there and have yet to see it.

Sensorly also says there are 4G reports in the Ballston area of Arlington but I spend my 40 hours a week there and have yet to see it.

Back in June I was getting LTE in Ballston, Virginia Square & Clarendon areas to name a few. 

• 2 weeks later...

An amazing thing happened while I was away this weekend. The tower at 17th and Corcoran (Dupont/Logan Circles) finally got backhaul and is broadcasting LTE. Hopefully, more backhaul is installed this week and next.

I bow to the backhaul gods!

An amazing thing happened while I was away this weekend. The tower at 17th and Corcoran (Dupont/Logan Circles) finally got backhaul and is broadcasting LTE. Hopefully, more backhaul is installed this week and next.

I bow to the backhaul gods!

Dangit. And I was just at M and Rhode Island today and didn't bother checking. Good find. I hope the backhaul gods make their way 10 blocks east and 6 blocks south and get Verizon Center the capacity it needs for events... I drained an entire battery trying to tweet a picture at a caps playoff game this year. I'd be happy with reliable 3G in the arena!

I didn't have sensorly turned on doing passive mapping, but up near CUA and most of Rhode Island Avenue (NW and NE), my phone was showing 4G. Some pockets downtown with 3G but hopefully those get patched up before hockey season starts.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would mention that I am picking up 4G in several areas in Burke VA!

I am very happy, but also a little surprised since Burke VA is not a large metropolitan area.

Until I got SignalCheck and NV started, I had no idea there were that many Sprint towers near me.

Just thought I would mention that I am picking up 4G in several areas in Burke VA!

I am very happy, but also a little surprised since Burke VA is not a large metropolitan area.

Until I got SignalCheck and NV started, I had no idea there were that many Sprint towers near me.

I've been getting it up and down Little River for the most part between 495 and Old Town, I'm working near the corner of little river and pickett. Faint 4G on Fairfax Blvd out by golfsmith too.

I was just in the area last night and I was very impressed. I got LTE on majority of Rockville pike, Bethesda and even in Georgetown DC also some parts of Gaithersburg and Germantown. 6 months ago I didn't pick up LTE at all in these locations so sprint is actively turning on sites in the DC metro area.

I hope they start working in the Frederick area though. It needs some work

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well here in fredco 3 g is bad(due to NV purportedly).  I don't know what the holdup is.  Some of the towers are nv upgraded at least in terms of 3g(when they work).  I've got numerous tickets in about frederick city and throughout frederick county.  I do know that some towers are still in legacy mode(according to reps some haven't been nv started at all yet).  

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering how DC service is?  Has it seemed to improve of late?  I stay mostly outside of DC but many of my users live/work there.  I have been hesitant to move those guys over from AT&T yet.  Old Town Alexandria seems to have pretty good coverage now as did my trips to Fairfax. 

Most of Fairfax County seems to the Network Vision LTE upgraded as does Arlington County, and a large portion of Alexandria (please note, this is just from my own personal experience using SignalCheck app)

I, however, have no idea about downtown Washington DC.

I just got my first flash of 1x 800 in Old town Alexandria, VA.  All of my bars went away and then it said 800 and stayed for a minute.  Then the bars disappeared again and was on regular signal.

• Like 2

I just got my first flash of 1x 800 in Old town Alexandria, VA. All of my bars went away and then it said 800 and stayed for a minute. Then the bars disappeared again and was on regular signal.

That is great news that you saw 1x800 in Alexandria VA.

As I mentioned in another thread, I personally have only seen it in the Backlick Rd area of Alexandria VA.

So it seems to me that Alexandria VA may be the only area that currently has 1x800 deployed.

Does anyone know if Sprint plans to add 1x800 to any other area in the NoVA or DC area?

That is great news that you saw 1x800 in Alexandria VA.

As I mentioned in another thread, I personally have only seen it in the Backlick Rd area of Alexandria VA.

So it seems to me that Alexandria VA may be the only area that currently has 1x800 deployed.

Does anyone know if Sprint plans to add 1x800 to any other area in the NoVA or DC area?

I've seen it in some areas of dc and pg county. It used to be on almost every nv tower I came across but it seems like they have turned them off lately.
  • Like 1

I've seen it in some areas of dc and pg county. It used to be on almost every nv tower I came across but it seems like they have turned them off lately.

Thanks for your response....

Does anyone have any idea as to why Sprint seems to be disabling the 1x 800 on the NV towers in the VA/DC/MD area?