Network Vision/LTE - Washington DC Market

dstrait

Thanks for your response....

Does anyone have any idea as to why Sprint seems to be disabling the 1x 800 on the NV towers in the VA/DC/MD area?

from what I've seen on here, 1x800 is being brought up in clusters so there aren't any bad handoffs to legacy equipment which would result in a dropped call. This would be bad for something like a 911 call.
  • Like 1

from what I've seen on here, 1x800 is being brought up in clusters so there aren't any bad handoffs to legacy equipment which would result in a dropped call. This would be bad for something like a 911 call.

Thanks, that makes sense.

So then does anyone know when Sprint might officially 'turn-on' 1x800 for the VA/DC/MD ?

Just wondering...

Thanks, that makes sense.

So then does anyone know when Sprint might officially 'turn-on' 1x800 for the VA/DC/MD ?

Just wondering...

there's no official date that I know of but I know it's posted somewhere around here the plan for rolling out 1x800. The reason it's taking so long is because of that cluster rollout that I mentioned and because they also have to do testing with 911 calls and stuff to make sure there are clean handoffs. Also since you are a sponsor consider loading a custom prl from digiblur to go 1x800 hunting.
  • Like 1

Does anyone know if Manassas has any LTE  , I will be there during Thanksgiving and wouldn't mind having a little 4G.

The map in the sponsor membership maps would give you information if you become one.

• 3 weeks later...

Ya, I think something was going on with Sprint on Friday. I work in Tysons VA. Several times throughout the day, when by my phone and Signal Check said I had 4g signal, my phone was completely unable to access data.

Sent from my RCT6378W2 using Tapatalk

I posted this in another thread, but I was wondering if you all might have an answer...

...this past week both at work in Tysons VA and at home, there have been several times where both the Signal Check app and my phone has indicated that 4G signal is present, and the my phone is connected to 4G.

When I try to use any app that connects to data, however, I got the "No Data Connection" error. Other times, I had a 4G connection and my data was incredibly slow.

This also happened on a 3G connection.

My personal guess is that the reason for the messed up 4G and 3G, is that Sprint was doing work on the towers in Northern Virginia.

If anyone know anything, I'd love to hear it.

Ok, so here is the situation I experienced this past Thursday...

I was at my desk at work in Tysons Corner VA. All day, every time my phone would connect to 4G signal, I would lose all data connectivity. I called Sprint customer service. The guy that answered was very nice and he suggested a few different procedures to try. One of which was to force CDMA on my phone, which I tried, and that only seemed to make matters worse. The he suggested to try a PRL update, however, with the latest maintance update, the PRL update function is messed-up. The CS rep finally suggested that I take my phone to a Sprint service center, whick I was going to do, however, once I got out of the Tysons Corner area that evening, my 4G and 3G was working fine.

So obviously the problem was the tower in the area. My guess is that Sprint is messing with the cell towers in the area.

The Sprint CS rep did tell me to call him back if I found that the data connection problems were localized to the Tysons Corner area.

I am planning on calling back the CS rep this week to let him know that the problem was the tower and not my phone.

I hope the recent issues are because Sprint is trying to improve the service.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone been picking up any of this new CDMA800 in DC/Baltimore? And how was the signal strength?

I've been picking up a bunch of CDMA800 around Baltimore and a few areas around DC. I have a bunch of screenshots of the sites.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Well here is to 2014 hopefully Sprint bringing some relief to the Frederick, MD area this year!

Amen to that. I am going to spending more time out there for my sister's wedding. Without giving too much detail they should be able to fire up LTE pretty quickly. I highly recommend upgrading to a sponsor and you can see what I mean.

Amen to that. I am going to spending more time out there for my sister's wedding. Without giving too much detail they should be able to fire up LTE pretty quickly. I highly recommend upgrading to a sponsor and you can see what I mean.

Just sent a donation and included username... ;)

Just sent a donation and included username... ;)

You were upgraded immediately. Enjoy the Sponsor forums. :tu:

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you. Just figuring where to look for info on Frederick, MD.

I would start here http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/517-nv-sites-complete/ and then we can dicuss the details of Frederick on this thread: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/621-network-vision-site-map-dc-baltimore-delaware-richmond-norfolk-southern-virginia-markets/page-19

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if there are any updates on the Washington DC market.

Personally, the only thing I have noticed is that in a few areas where I was getting 4G, I seem to only be drawing 3G. My guess is that Sprint is still working on some of the towers in my area.

Sent from my RCT6378W2

Personally, the only thing I have noticed is that in a few areas where I was getting 4G, I seem to only be drawing 3G. My guess is that Sprint is still working on some of the towers in my area.

Sent from my RCT6378W2

What part of NoVA are you in?

Sent from my RCT6378W2

What info are you specifically looking for? In the last 6 months I have been to the area probably 5 times... Everytime it's for a week.... I stay in Chantilly and always get a consistent LTE signal around there and downtown DC...