Network Vision/LTE - Washington DC Market

dstrait

This is not directly LTE related but are any of you guys/gals having issues with MMS still? I recall a nation wide issue last week where people were having issues but its been a good 8-9 days still.

Upgraded to latest modem L710VPBMA4

On latest PRL 25010

Tried on bone stock rom and Cyanogen 10.1

Edited by munsterrr

Hey does anyone know the Network Vision status in DC?

Thanks,

Rob!

It's an active deployment area. Each site goes live after it completes and passes inspection. Some sites go live every week. That will happen until the whole market is covered.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I noticed that my phone goes to roaming when I am at home for the last couple of days. I used to have a very good signal while I was at home. May be they are upgrading the towers nearby. I live in Reston near the Reston town center. Waiting for the market to go live to upgrade to an LTE device.

Been seeing some LTE pop up in Manassas on sensorly. I have an appointment to do my taxes there this week so I'll probably roam around a bit and see if I can't pick up any new points.

Starting to wonder when/if they'll "bridge the gap" between all these spots in VA. (Front Royal, Manassas, Herndon, Reston, and DC). It'd be nice to smoothly stream spotify while driving around the area.

Any update for LTE in the Bethesda area? Thank you so much for your help and updates!

It's an active deployment area. Each site goes live after it completes and passes inspection. Some sites go live every week. That will happen until the whole market is covered.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Been seeing some LTE pop up in Manassas on sensorly. I have an appointment to do my taxes there this week so I'll probably roam around a bit and see if I can't pick up any new points.

Starting to wonder when/if they'll "bridge the gap" between all these spots in VA. (Front Royal, Manassas, Herndon, Reston, and DC). It'd be nice to smoothly stream spotify while driving around the area.

As Sensorly indicates, if you want to see LTE then roam in the area of Liberia and Wellington, near Harris Teeter. The tower closest that location is confirmed live.

I too had full LTE service at the Convention Center for the auto show. It was awesome. Downstairs not much signal, but upstairs and outside full signal.

Also, I saw crews laying fiber for WA33XC928 today in Reston.

I too had full LTE service at the Convention Center for the auto show. It was awesome. Downstairs not much signal, but upstairs and outside full signal.

Also, I saw crews laying fiber for WA33XC928 today in Reston.

I'm heading downstairs now. 4 bars, -81 dBm.

Its just curiosity lol i cant go there just wondering cause in map looks like almost al sites are nv complete

From what I can tell there's not a huge difference between downtown DC and up north in MoCo as far as 3G goes. I don't have too many complaints in either place. Where there has been LTE deployed downtown though... that's a different story! Hop on the red line and get off at Chinatown. You'll see.
  • Like 2

From what I can tell there's not a huge difference between downtown DC and up north in MoCo as far as 3G goes. I don't have too many complaints in either place. Where there has been LTE deployed downtown though... that's a different story! Hop on the red line and get off at Chinatown. You'll see.

I didn't see much LTE on Saturday at the Auto Show besides in the convention center itself. 3G wasn't bad in MoCo though. Had no problem using Tapatalk while we were at Chipotle in Silver Spring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

4G just came online near exit 160 on I-95. This is the Occoquan/Woodbridge area.

That site was just accepted yesterday. It's already on our Sponsor maps too. Thanks for the report. :tu:

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 3

Every time i see in the sponsors map the 3g compkletes i see that dc is almost done 3g wize should anywhere u go have good speed? i dont live in central dc and never go cause i cant im only 16 and cant drive so i just want to know in general does it go over 2mbps?

Every time i see in the sponsors map the 3g compkletes i see that dc is almost done 3g wize should anywhere u go have good speed? i dont live in central dc and never go cause i cant im only 16 and cant drive so i just want to know in general does it go over 2mbps?

it varies tower to tower depending on the load. Just like in my area (Riverdale) two towers close by one I can pull down 2mbps while the other I can barely hit 200kbps

Been getting 4G at home in the Hyattsville/Mount Rainier MD area since Friday! Almost didn't want to leave the house lol.

I did go to the Car Show Sunday, I wasn't expecting a 4G signal so I set my phone to CDMA only while I was there :( .

Been getting 4G at home in the Hyattsville/Mount Rainier MD area since Friday! Almost didn't want to leave the house lol.

I did go to the Car Show Sunday, I wasn't expecting a 4G signal so I set my phone to CDMA only while I was there :( .

Why flip from CDMA/LTE mode? I see no difference in battery life at all nor ever have.

• Like 2