Network Vision/LTE - Washington DC Market

dstrait

Has anyone heard anything more definitive on roll outs here? I'm in NOVA (Herndon area) and have the tower near my home completely useless - speed test just keeps saying try again. The tower directly across from my office (visible from my window) is almost equally as worthless. Not ranting but almost 6 months of virtually no service is wearing on me.

I'm in the B'more market frequently and know the wait will be worth it but the lack of service at the moment is more than painful. I keep thinking they will turn the switch soon but I've been holding my breath too long now.

I enjoy hearing the updates from people who are seeing traces of LTE here and there in the DC market. Please keep your comments within the confines of decency as presecribed by the forum rules.

Your hope was short lived!

PIcked up an LTE signal near Union Station tonight around 7:30 p.m. Mapped it on Sensorly but couldn't pick it up as I headed east.

Which side of Union Station were you on? It sounds like you were heading to H st... If so, I bet you were being teased by WA73XC422 (Maryland Ave NE & 2nd St NE). Anyone work around the Capitol building?

I enjoy hearing the updates from people who are seeing traces of LTE here and there in the DC market. Please keep your comments within the confines of decency as presecribed by the forum rules.

Wow... I'm smh reading some of the negative and harsh toned posts from the closed forum.

We're close guys. Perhaps closer than most markets. In this time of Thanksgiving lets concentrate on what we do have as opposed to what we don't.

Let me start.

Three of the four towers around my house are 3G complete already (PWC). That's going to be sweeeet when they're lte complete - which I'm sure is right around the corner.

Thank you Sprint for what you have given me. :-)

You know. Having finally received my Ingress invite. This gives me an excuse to walk around the city for multiple reasons. I'll go for a walk during lunch and see if i can grow the sensorly map a bit

For those who dont know what Ingress is

Edited by munsterrr

[offtopic]still waiting for my ingress invite to come through, anything you can tell us about it that isn't already out there? new thread or pm if necessary[/offtopic]

PIcked up an LTE signal near Union Station tonight around 7:30 p.m. Mapped it on Sensorly but couldn't pick it up as I headed east.

Thanks for grabbing this! I pick-up/drop-off my Bike Share bike right there every day, so I'll definitely be sniffing around the area.

Which side of Union Station were you on? It sounds like you were heading to H st... If so, I bet you were being teased by WA73XC422 (Maryland Ave NE & 2nd St NE). Anyone work around the Capitol building?

On the east side. I think I would have gotten the one at 2nd and MD at street level if that were the case. I'm up high near 2nd and F NE so I wonder if I'm picking up WA54XC490 all the way up at 1st and P NE over the train tracks. There's another site on the unit block of I St NE but that one is not reported to be complete. Maybe it will be on next week's list.

[offtopic]still waiting for my ingress invite to come through, anything you can tell us about it that isn't already out there? new thread or pm if necessary[/offtopic]

Other than the fact that it is actually pretty interesting and I love the fact that it gets our asses up and outside...Not really. Between this and hunting down LTE for Sensorly. There will be plenty of walking. Some must read before you start

Back on to subject. Wasnt able to pic anything up today. Curious how the antenna logic works now.

I get much better 3G speeds average .87 down .80 up in the Largo/Landover MD area along route 202 picked up a LTE signal in Seat Pleasnt MD by the recreational center on Saturday not sure if that was coming from one of the towers transmitting LTE on Benning Rd in DC but it's progress I guess.

Was turning on my Play Music to get my day started and noticed I was on LTE in Capitol Heights. Along MLK Highway close to the McDonalds. Did a couple of speed tests to confirm and the highest I got was 11Mbps. Hopefully it's turned on for good because that area makes me want to throw my phone out the window.

• Like 2

just picked up lte at pg community college. there is a tower on the campus. i mapped a few points on sensorly

I got one to at the track but once you leave the parking lot it goes away wonder what's the range of these towers my house is less than a mile away from that tower.