Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

If I'm on 800 should I still get 1900 EVDO for data.

Maybe. That depends upon propagation. But CDMA1X and EV-DO are wholly separate, so one does not affect the other.

AJ

Is it mostly the SF Bay market or are we seeing it in the South Bay too?

So far, just SF Bay. It will be all markets eventually.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

If I'm on 800 should I still get 1900 EVDO for data.

I think I remember reading Sprint won't be using 800 for EVDO, just 1xadvance for voice and eventually LTE for data.

I think I remember reading Sprint won't be using 800 for EVDO, just 1xadvance for voice and eventually LTE for data.

This is correct.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Regarding SFO and northern cali, is the 800 SMR hosting LTE too, or just voice? Is 800 LTE deployed anywhere?

800 LTE has not been deployed, and won't be until after Nextel is taken down. But yes, later this year, 800 SMR will be hosting CDMA 1x voice, and LTE.

LTE on 800smr can't roll out until iden is shut down in June of this year.

Now of course they could test it out in areas where nextel isn't around for many miles. There are currently no handsets though.

Sent from my little Note2

It appears that in Kansas, iDEN has been taken down from SMR. AJ can't find it in his spectrum sweeps. Just CDMA 800 has been located.

It's possible that iDEN has been shunted to 900MHz to finish its final days to euthanasia. If so, that would leave LTE 800 free space for some testing and then deployment.

• Like 5

It appears that in Kansas, iDEN has been taken down from SMR. AJ can't find it in his spectrum sweeps. Just CDMA 800 has been located.

It's possible that iDEN has been shunted to 900MHz to finish its final days to euthanasia. If so, that would leave LTE 800 free space for some testing and then deployment.

Is Kansas one of the SMR LTE FIT locations? We knew Montana and Louisiana, correct?

Is Kansas one of the SMR LTE FIT locations? We knew Montana and Louisiana, correct?

I'm not aware of a Kansas LTE 800 FIT. In the docs I seen, it referenced "New Orleans and Montana LTE 800 FIT's". However, these docs were from Spring 2012.

The FIT plans could have changed since then. I've not heard a peep about LTE 800 FIT's since that time.

To clarify, AJ has only found what appears to be CDMA 800 in Kansas so far.

• Like 1

I'm not aware of a Kansas LTE 800 FIT. In the docs I seen, it referenced "New Orleans and Montana LTE 800 FIT's". However, these docs were from Spring 2012.

The FIT plans could have changed since then. I've not heard a peep about LTE 800 FIT's since that time.

To clarify, AJ has only found what appears to be CDMA 800 in Kansas so far.

I saw AJ's screen shot from Kansas, if that is 1xA, what would be different about an LTE carrier?

I saw AJ's screen shot from Kansas, if that is 1xA, what would be different about an LTE carrier?

Location, location, location. Oh yeah, and carrier width.

• Like 1

Location, location, location. Oh yeah, and carrier width.

I have a Nextel/verizon/AT&T tower behind me. I know Verizon just upgraded that tower's 3G and 4G. I know there are 4 Of those triangles with the things on it. But there is only two now with the pads on them, the two in the middle are bear. And the one on top and one on bottom have s*** all over it lol

I have a Nextel/verizon/AT&T tower behind me. I know Verizon just upgraded that tower's 3G and 4G. I know there are 4 Of those triangles with the things on it. But there is only two now with the pads on them, the two in the middle are bear. And the one on top and one on bottom have shit all over it lol

Not the first time I've heard Nextel and s*** used in the same sentence before.

• Like 4

The 25xxx series has had 800smr for quite a while in two SIDs. Later Baltimore was added and now this one.

55xxx does not have a new one yet.

Sent from my little Note2

I just got 55012 yesterday. I remember having 55010 a couple days ago... I'm on your 800 PRL right now.

LTE 800 FIT in Emporia would not hurt my feelings.
  • Like 1

Basically if you look at the images of the numerous network vision panels posted around here, it's quite simple. The basic NV panel is 2 1900mhz on opposite sides while the 800mhz is squashed in the middle between the two. The 800mhz is not hooked up yet but everything is already there. All you need to do is go back to the towers and phsyically hook it up and do a few "magical" things and it's up and running. Should be much quicker than completely replacing all the old panels, dig up the T1 lines and get the fiber lines all set up, and replacing the old / outdated / inefficient hardware on sites. It's like 6 old boxes to 1 compact boxes.

In short, much easier/faster than the initial deployment.

I know this is an old post quoted here but it got me thinking...

If they leave the 800mhz antenna in each sector/panel unhooked and just plan on coming back to connect with a carrier card and get LTE800 up then..... Then how are ones getting 800 cdma 1xAdvanced currently?....

Whole reason I was thinking is I know there are 3 antennas in each sector panel one cdma 1900, one lte1900, and one 800... Question is if the 800mhz antenna is going to support both 1xadvance and lte, and if that's the case then why can't the 1900mhz antennae handle both cdma and lte signals at same time?... Jw bc I thought for 800 lte they'd have to add another panel and the current one initially installed would be hooked up to 1xadvance and just waiting on them to turn it on...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I know this is an old post quoted here but it got me thinking...

If they leave the 800mhz antenna in each sector/panel unhooked and just plan on coming back to connect with a carrier card and get LTE800 up then..... Then how are ones getting 800 cdma 1xAdvanced currently?....

Whole reason I was thinking is I know there are 3 antennas in each sector panel one cdma 1900, one lte1900, and one 800... Question is if the 800mhz antenna is going to support both 1xadvance and lte, and if that's the case then why can't the 1900mhz antennae handle both cdma and lte signals at same time?... Jw bc I thought for 800 lte they'd have to add another panel and the current one initially installed would be hooked up to 1xadvance and just waiting on them to turn it on...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

My guess is that you can only do two things on one antenna like 1x/lte or 1x/evdo not all three that's just a guess