Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

My guess is that you can only do two things on one antenna like 1x/lte or 1x/evdo not all three that's just a guess

Then why can't they do cdma/lte on one antenna?... Guess just no need for it really...

Why I asked to begin with as you have 3 antennas per sector/panel. One does 1900 LTE, one 1900 CDMA/EVDO, and one does 800mhz 1x advance/LTE...

Actually if it is right that you can't do more then 2 per antenna that kinda makes some sense if it is laid out how I mention above..... Since they are not doing evdo data on 800 there is no 1x/evdo just 1x/lte...

Now the question, I assume it requires 2 carrier cards installed, one for 800 1x advance and one for 800LTE....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Why did nextel incoming calls or direct connect calls make a clicking sound in car speakers a few seconds before you got the call or 2 way? I'm guessing this was not due to nextel being 800mhz? If not could someone enlighten me.

That is a TDMA airlink burst phenomenon. It affects GSM, too.

AJ

AJ

So just Iden and GSM? Never noticed it on a ATT device. It seemed to not happen as much or at all the last few years to some friends that still had IDEN, I had Nextel 13 or 14 years ago even before they provided network time and date and could have my device ready to anwser before it beeped.

Never noticed it on a ATT device.

When have you used an AT&T device? If only in the past few years, then you were likely on W-CDMA (not GSM) 95 percent of the time.

AJ

NV panels do not have three antennas, they have six. Two 800 antennas in the middle and two 1900 on each side. Each antenna can support several carriers. There may be some variability between OEM's. But that's generally the case.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Anyone, trying not to burden Robert when he is so busy, know why a panel has 6 antennas if each antenna can support several carriers?It sounds like you can mix and match CDMA and LTE on one antenna.

Anyone, trying not to burden Robert when he is so busy, know why a panel has 6 antennas if each antenna can support several carriers?It sounds like you can mix and match CDMA and LTE on one antenna.

That would be my argument, too. However, Sprint may wish to use different downtilt settings for different airlinks in the same band, and that requires separate antennas. Not to mention, LTE requires a MIMO configuration, while CDMA2000 does not.

AJ

NV panels do not have three antennas, they have six. Two 800 antennas in the middle and two 1900 on each side. Each antenna can support several carriers. There may be some variability between OEM's. But that's generally the case.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Ahhh ok perfect sense there. I just assumed that sense there were 3 actuators on the bottom to adjust tilt that it was only 3 antennas.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

AJ

By the way, googling "TDMA airlink burst phenomenon" without quotes brings up this thread as the first result :P
  • Like 2

By the way, googling "TDMA airlink burst phenomenon" without quotes brings up this thread as the first result :P

I take it then that I have a distinctive voice.

;)

AJ

• Like 3

How can you tell if you're on SMR on the iPhone 5? What do I need to look for in the field test app?

Two things: band class 10, carrier channel 476 or 526.

That said, if I recall correctly, our resident PRL expert, digiblur, has stated that iPhones have not received an SMR enabled PRL yet. So, SMR acquisition on an iPhone 5 is highly unlikely.

AJ

Two things: band class 10, carrier channel 476 or 526.

That said, if I recall correctly, our resident PRL expert, digiblur, has stated that iPhones have not received an SMR enabled PRL yet. So, SMR acquisition on an iPhone 5 is highly unlikely.

AJ

Hm... I could have sworn that the new prl, 55012 added SMR for the north bay (San Francisco, Vallejo, etc)

55012 on my i5 here in Austin too, but a couple weeks ago it was 3xxxx (I forgot exactly which)

Hm... I could have sworn that the new prl, 55012 added SMR for the north bay (San Francisco, Vallejo, etc)

pretty sure it was prl 25012 is what added the smr, not 55012

• Like 1

800 mhz is back up here after not seeing it for a couple weeks. Went over to a relatives house this evening where I usually roam on Verizon on 1900, but had a nice -98ish dbm signal on 800. This would be an 8.34 mile link according to Google Earth. Before, I could sometimes coax a 1900 signal from that same tower (only tower in range), but it'd be too weak to hold for more than a minute or so.

• Like 3

Does sprint's 800MHz SMR support CDMA/1xA Data or is it just voice only?

It supports 1x data also.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 2

Considering that there will be one 1x carrier and that's it, is it possible that it could be strained by data use? There will certainly be times when people have 1x 800 but can't connect to 1900 PCS. What is the fully loaded data capacity of 1x? I know it's 144 kbps or so per mobile, but what about in the aggregate?

Considering that there will be one 1x carrier and that's it, is it possible that it could be strained by data use? There will certainly be times when people have 1x 800 but can't connect to 1900 PCS. What is the fully loaded data capacity of 1x? I know it's 144 kbps or so per mobile, but what about in the aggregate?

That is not a simple question to answer. For CDMA1X data, the most common (or, seemingly, the only permitted) radio configuration is RC3, which permits a max transfer rate of 153.6 kbps (oft quoted as 144 kbps). At the max rate, RC3 precludes use of one quarter of all codes in the Walsh tree. In plain English, it takes up one quarter of the capacity of the CDMA1X carrier. But RC3 does not operate at max rate unless capacity is available.

That is the nutshell answer. Feel free to ask follow up questions.

AJ

• Like 1