Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

I figured that didn't look right, but why show Band 0 and 3? Why not camp out on Band 1, Channel X?

Probably just Samsung "enginerring."

AJ

• Like 4

I figured that didn't look right, but why show Band 0 and 3? Why not camp out on Band 1, Channel X?

From a technical standpoint, that field can probably only be populated with integers. Of course they could handle it much better than just showing 0, but like AJ said, we're talking Samsung enginerrs here.

-Mike

• Like 1

East Texas, mainly Smith County seems to have had 1x800 fire up today, I have seen the sites literally get put online throughout the day as they would connect to one, farther away, and slowly connect to one closer , and such. It is awesome to see! I went to a Doctors visit, and never lost 1x800 signal, Highest I ever saw was in the 90's in town inside a Doctors Office. 

Nice! According to the map there is no CDMA 1x800 shown accepted in your area.

Yep exactly why it was awesome. They have SID's of washington state, so not everyone can use them, unless they have the sponsor PRL's

The difference between 1900 and 800 inside of a concrete rebar building basement is astounding..

Note this site is literally 1/4 of a mile away on a roof top. 

That seems like a little too extreme of a difference, almost like the ev-do signal was coming from a site further away.

That seems like a little too extreme of a difference, almost like the ev-do signal was coming from a site further away.

Yeah I agree. This is what my signal strength looks like inside of a building. A lot less of a difference.

Posted Image

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah I agree. This is what my signal strength looks like inside of a building. A lot less of a difference.

hyha6eny.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Is your 800 signal coming from the same tower as your PCS signal? Are you inside of a solid concrete-rebar building's basement?

-Anthony

Is your 800 signal coming from the same tower as your PCS signal? Are you inside of a solid concrete-rebar building's basement?

-Anthony

I know for a fact both come from the same tower. I'm inside of a brick building with drywall walls.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

:blink: So it would seem that Ericsson finally installed at least one new carrier card in Birmingham, AL and I get 1x voice in my basement office (concrete building.)  I have no idea what they did on the site visit but at the same time I notice 1x voice in my office I notice no 4G outside.  I drove to the tower I suspect the 1x is coming from and I know that the 4G at my work was coming from and surprise surprise no 4G there either.  I love you Ericsson  :lol:

when I'm home my voice service is horrible on 1xRTT (0-1 bars). According to SignalCheck Pro the BSL is 3 blocks north of my house. When I walk in to my bathroom my GS3 starts roaming on the 1x800 Sprint out of the same BSL (full bars). Now, why can't I have it on 1x800 all the time while im home?

Im due for an upgrade and im considering the Nexus 5 but this issue is making me reconsider staying with Sprint. Im sure Sprint spark will be awesome but what about voice service?

when I'm home my voice service is horrible on 1xRTT (0-1 bars). According to SignalCheck Pro the BSL is 3 blocks north of my house. When I walk in to my bathroom my GS3 starts roaming on the 1x800 Sprint out of the same BSL (full bars). Now, why can't I have it on 1x800 all the time while im home?

Im due for an upgrade and im considering the Nexus 5 but this issue is making me reconsider staying with Sprint. Im sure Sprint spark will be awesome but what about voice service?

My Nexus 5 stays on 1x800 voice consistently as long as I'm in a mass accepted 1x800 area. I guess the PRL on the GS3 has 1900 voice as a higher priority than 800.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

That's strange, since I thought all current non-iPhone LTE handsets came loaded with a PRL that scanned for 1x800 first, and stayed on it until the signal was lost or unless shunted by the network to PCS when that channel became overburdened. The solution would be to flash a different PRL that places CDMA Band 10 (800 MHz) at an equal or higher priority than Band 1 (1900 MHz). It's super easy to do on the S4, although I can't comment on whether the same method will work on the S3.

We would need to know what prl you are on but the way they work is 1x800 and 1x1900 are equal on android. My guess is the 1x800 is overloaded because of the buildings every person would prefer 1x800(signal strength). If you update your prl does your phone connect to 1x800? You mentioned SCP what dBm value do you have for 1xrtt? Do you notice when you disconnect from 1x800 is it still a strong signal or do you hold on to it for a while until the signal degrades?
  • Like 1

We would need to know what prl you are on but the way they work is 1x800 and 1x1900 are equal on android. My guess is the 1x800 is overloaded because of the buildings every person would prefer 1x800(signal strength). If you update your prl does your phone connect to 1x800? You mentioned SCP what dBm value do you have for 1xrtt? Do you notice when you disconnect from 1x800 is it still a strong signal or do you hold on to it for a while until the signal degrades?

PRL 16017. The 1x800 drops out with a strong signal and will not hold for long. It only goes into 1x800 when the 1x1900 signal is gone and it goes into roaming mode, then it seems that its forcing it back out of roaming because it wants to use 1x1900 as priority.

PRL 16017. The 1x800 drops out with a strong signal and will not hold for long. It only goes into 1x800 when the 1x1900 signal is gone and it goes into roaming mode, then it seems that its forcing it back out of roaming because it wants to use 1x1900 as priority.

prl xxx17 1x800 and 1x1900 are equal priority. The tower can kick people off if it's full. 1x800 is on a small number of sites in places like new york city it will fill up pretty fast. Hopefully as more towers get 1x800 it will hold more people.

According to SignalCheck Pro the BSL is 3 blocks north of my house.

SignalCheck shows the address of the coordinates that the site is squawking. In many markets, for whatever reason, these coordinates are offset from the actual location. That being said, it is possible the site is more than 3 blocks away from your location. Sponsors to the site have access to maps of the actual locations of Sprint sites.