Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

Members,

pardon my editing of your posts, but if the offending members' post was removed/hidden, then the quote of that members post should also be hidden. Therefore i edited them out of your quotes.

Hope you understand.

TS out

Then you should delete the posts that quote it altogether. For those of is who come late to the party, there is no context, and it makes you want to know what the post was.

Gahhh, I really can't wait for Milwaukee proper to get some updated cells turned on. I'd even like some 800 data on at least, but if LTE is ready, by all means, pleaaaase turn that on.

My running theory is that a lot of towers in Milwaukee may be ready (I haven't seen the maps), but that perhaps Sprint wants to wait until it can turn more of them on at once to provide more reliable, consistent service for an overall better launch experience. I only say this because of that big purple hole surrounded by orange on Sprint's coverage map can't possibly mean that they've done NOTHING for Milwaukee, especially when I've seen LTE pop up a few times.

So let's doooo this!

LTE was tuned up on the previous mentioned tower here in Hartford this morning! Looks like I'll be wasting some gas this weekend mapping. Initial speedtest shows just around 10mbps down.

Someone here mentioned the BSL not being accurate on the older Sprint equipment. Contrary to a previous post, I am pretty sure this tower was broadcasting the legacy stuff since the equipment on there was replaced when they added the NV equipment. If that is the case, it had reported a location not even close to where it is located, probably a mile or two north of where it is, which had me confused as I was never able to find a tower where it said it was. When they turned up NV earlier this week the BSL is now dead on.

• Like 1

Gahhh, I really can't wait for Milwaukee proper to get some updated cells turned on. I'd even like some 800 data on at least, but if LTE is ready, by all means, pleaaaase turn that on.

So let's doooo this!

careful that sounds like complaining. you know the mod gods do not allow people to be opinionated.  :ninja:

It's been really quiet here over the last few weeks, wondering how much longer before more towers are turned on in the area. I was really hoping to have some usable LTE in my area before signing a new contract as my phone really needs an upgrade.

Did notice a difference 3 weeks apart at

CAMP Randall. This from last Saturday.

no LTE 3 weeks ago.

Nice! But I have to say, I am very disappointed in you... You didn't do your nerdly duty and map it with sensorly....

• Like 2

Did notice a difference 3 weeks apart at

CAMP Randall. This from last Saturday.

no LTE 3 weeks ago.

This is my tower by work. No LTE today. Got 2mbps down on eHRPD (amazing), then it switched to EV-DO Rev A about noon. I'm amazed you got LTE off it! How exciting! It's happening!

Fear not, I'll map it the second I get signal.

Edit: my home tower was eHRPD, so the EV-DO rev A was localized to that tower only near Camp. That was a strong enough LTE signal at 100. What side exactly were you on?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

I had a pretty good signal before the game on the west side of the stadium, once inside though, couldn't do anything per normal.

Back to herpa derpa at Camp Randall. Wicked fast 3G (for Sprint) speeds. Still no LTE poppin that I can detect after airplane mode toggling.

Posted Image

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

I wonder if Robert has heard of any work on the East Side of Madison.  I was at the Sprint store last night, and looked at my phone and saw that I was roaming in the store.  It's really suprising, because 4 miles from there, LTE is alive and kicking.

post-4392-0-26569300-1380028186_thumb.jpg

I wonder if Robert has heard of any work on the East Side of Madison.  I was at the Sprint store last night, and looked at my phone and saw that I was roaming in the store.  It's really suprising, because 4 miles from there, LTE is alive and kicking.

I think that the tower at 30/51 would serve that area where the Sprint store is (or the one across the highway on the Park Bank building).  I know that there is equipment on that tower at 30/51, perhaps that is being tested as well, just like this one downtown by Camp Randall appears to be.  who knows, although its exciting that something might happen soon-ish here finally?  not sure what's up with the Tokay tower.

I wonder if Robert has heard of any work on the East Side of Madison. I was at the Sprint store last night, and looked at my phone and saw that I was roaming in the store. It's really suprising, because 4 miles from there, LTE is alive and kicking.

Surprising, no embarrassing, is the fact my phone had to be activated outside

the corporate store on hwy 100 as the signal wasn't good enough. Also

the Brookfield store has to use Office Depot wifi to avoid a similar fate.

The height of irony yet I'm the dope that

became a customer regardless.

I would think it would be the one on park bank as thats less than a mile away, but there has been nothing going on there at all from what i can see.  i look at that building on a daily basis and havent seen any updates taking place.

Right, that's why I said perhaps the tower at 51/30 as a possibility. I'm less familiar with the topology over there between Lien Rd and that tower location.  I do believe that the Park Bank tower would/should serve that area as its higher in elevation and closer by the crow.

Right, that's why I said perhaps the tower at 51/30 as a possibility. I'm less familiar with the topology over there between Lien Rd and that tower location.  I do believe that the Park Bank tower would/should serve that area as its higher in elevation and closer by the crow.

agreed, i think that park bank siteis nearly line of sight to that sprint store, interesting that it wouldve been picking up that stoughton road tower.   or it could be because penetration into that building isnt very good either as it is partially underground.