Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

26 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

I haven't tried between 10pm and 7am in a long time but all other hours of the day it's about the same as the screenshot. 

You can see in the screenshot that when the test starts its always higher and then slows down a lot. at the start it usually peaks at around 30Mpbs

I bet it's backhaul (or lack thereof) 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, mirskyc said:

Here are 3 speed test the same day at different M-MIMO sites.

1. 30th Ave Station in Astoria at 8:30am
2. Broadway station in Astoria at 6:30Pm
3. 5th Ave and 34th St. Outside Empire state building. At 6:00pm

What could cause the 2nd site to perform so poorly. If it was congestion wouldn't the upload be much slower. Been having these slow speeds for a few months now.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

May not have much of an impact, but you are on a different speedtest server for the second one. To make it a true comparison, pick a server and stick with it.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got my S20 Ultra yesterday evening. It turns out that 5G is deployed a lot more than I imagined. I connected to 5G as soon as I walked out of my house this morning and I'm even connected to it right now at my desk at work.

This is indoors.

VZ8nfu2.jpg

This is outdoors.

p1CLCcy.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

I finally got my S20 Ultra yesterday evening. It turns out that 5G is deployed a lot more than I imagined. I connected to 5G as soon as I walked out of my house this morning and I'm even connected to it right now at my desk at work.

This is indoors.

VZ8nfu2.jpg

This is outdoors.

p1CLCcy.jpg

what were you 4G speeds at this location?

First day back to work and on the metro to Westchester. Mt Vernon east area has 5G. That surprised me. Should update my info but on the s20 ultra. 

9 minutes ago, transitwatch889 said:

First day back to work and on the metro to Westchester. Mt Vernon east area has 5G. That surprised me. Should update my info but on the s20 ultra. 

OH WOW that does surprise me, considering i have not even seen a full 60Mhz of B41 spectrum(I believe the 3rd carrier is still 15Mhz) north of 170st..

Can you get a screen shot of the engineering screen(s)+SCP 

4 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

OH WOW that does surprise me, considering i have not even seen a full 60Mhz of B41 spectrum(I believe the 3rd carrier is still 15Mhz) north of 170st..

Can you get a screen shot of the engineering screen(s)+SCP 

Signal check doesn't show 5G info as of yet, but on my way back I'll take what info I can while I am at the stop.

8 minutes ago, transitwatch889 said:

Signal check doesn't show 5G info as of yet, but on my way back I'll take what info I can while I am at the stop.

I know it doesn't as of yet, but it does show EARFCN thats what im more curious about.

51 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

I know it doesn't as of yet, but it does show EARFCN thats what im more curious about.

Gotcha. Will do then check back in in the afternoon after my day is done.

• Like 1

So this is in Port Chester. This area in particular doesn't have a 3rd carrier active! Which is interesting. 

6 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

Realized I did not post the engineering screens as I don't know how to do that yet. But once I do I'll add that next time I'm in the area

Edited by transitwatch889
Left out information

2 hours ago, transitwatch889 said:

So this is in Port Chester. This area in particular doesn't have a 3rd carrier active! Which is interesting. 

Realized I did not post the engineering screens as I don't know how to do that yet. But once I do I'll add that next time I'm in the area

Thx! In order to get the engineering screen up it's ##DATA# on the dialer then click on NR.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

Thx! In order to get the engineering screen up it's ##DATA# on the dialer then click on NR.

Connected to a different area while connected on status bar to 5G but NR isn't an option when I go into the engineering screen. Is this screen available on the 5G versions of Sprint Note and S10? 

17 minutes ago, transitwatch889 said:

Connected to a different area while connected on status bar to 5G but NR isn't an option when I go into the engineering screen. Is this screen available on the 5G versions of Sprint Note and S10? 

Try ##DEBUG#

4 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Try ##DEBUG#

Yep that is it! I get back to you when I'm like that way. 

• Like 1

The menu that gives the most info on Samsung phones is *#0011# 

It shows you everything you're connected to at once. For example you can see that Sprint is only using 40MHz for 5G here and then aggregating it with 40 MHz of LTE. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

The menu that gives the most info on Samsung phones is *#0011# 

It shows you everything you're connected to at once. For example you can see that Sprint is only using 40MHz for 5G here and then aggregating it with 40 MHz of LTE. 

Sweet! Thanks for that!

In the BX where there is a 3rd carrier for band 41, it's on 10mhz wide. Not even 15mhz. Checked earlier from the debug screen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, transitwatch889 said:

Sweet! Thanks for that!

In the BX where there is a 3rd carrier for band 41, it's on 10mhz wide. Not even 15mhz. Checked earlier from the debug screen.

Yup it is indeed 10Mhz my mistake. So makes me wonder what they have up in Westchester.

So making my way back up to work this Tuesday and was at mt Vernon east it showed 5G in the icon but went into the engineering screen was only connected to LTE! So some icon signal manipulation at play there. I'll check in other towns as I pass by though. 

14 minutes ago, transitwatch889 said:

So making my way back up to work this Tuesday and was at mt Vernon east it showed 5G in the icon but went into the engineering screen was only connected to LTE! So some icon signal manipulation at play there. I'll check in other towns as I pass by though. 

Keep in mind, data needs to be active, when idle it might not register valid current connection.

So while running speed test jump to the engineering screens.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Keep in mind, data needs to be active, when idle it might not register valid current connection.

So while running speed test jump to the engineering screens.

Data was active at the time when I was doing it. But we do have a winner up in Port Chester and actual 40 wide channel for 5G?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/t2MNfVySr5FtyBnV7

I will definitely double check on my way back to see just in case I did do something wrong on my end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transitwatch889 said:

Data was active at the time when I was doing it. But we do have a winner up in Port Chester and actual 40 wide channel for 5G?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/t2MNfVySr5FtyBnV7

I will definitely double check on my way back to see just in case I did do something wrong on my end.

Do any of the menus show the NR subcarrier spacing or TDD config?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RAvirani said:

Do any of the menus show the NR subcarrier spacing or TDD config?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cug2oPEicPB2M7zr9

This is Port Chester just now. Went to the debug screen made sure to activate a data connection. As per previous message, before it showed 5G status bar, but engineering screen didn't populate till data was running so I know what to do now when I pass by my Vernon in a few.

• Like 1

Passed by New Rochelle, and Mt Vernon east where I got 5G icon and ran browser to refresh to pull a data connection, and the engineering screen showed nothing .When I opened up ookla speed test app. It showed LTE in the app status below. Not 5G, as it did when I ran similar test further north in Port Chester area. If anything changes will report back. But those are my findings for the area as observed. 

1 hour ago, transitwatch889 said:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cug2oPEicPB2M7zr9

This is Port Chester just now. Went to the debug screen made sure to activate a data connection. As per previous message, before it showed 5G status bar, but engineering screen didn't populate till data was running so I know what to do now when I pass by my Vernon in a few.

Awesome - thank you!