Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

It's not everywhere. But it's covering more than any other large city in America, except for possibly Chicago.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Correct me if I'm wrong Robert but is Chicago around 75%complete?

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Correct me if I'm wrong Robert but is Chicago around 75%complete?

75% of Chicago market sites have received Network Vision upgrades. 46% have 4G LTE formally accepted as complete from Sprint.

55% of Baltimore market sites have received NV upgrades. 28% have 4G LTE formally accepted as complete.

75% of Chicago market sites have received Network Vision upgrades. 46% have 4G LTE formally accepted as complete from Sprint.

55% of Baltimore market sites have received NV upgrades. 28% have 4G LTE formally accepted as complete.

In Baltimore and LTE has been extremely spotty. U will pick up a signal and lose it a minute later. Baltimore is no way done. But if u drive around far enough u will find it

U said formally complete as in some might be on without press release or something like that? And that's still good considering I travel throughout the city and have lte mostly everywhere I go lol

Added on some LTE in Brooklyn. Not that it matters much because it was a really weak signal but it now runs all the way behind Kings County on Winthrop St. and onto Albany Ave.

P.S. Now people can't hate on the EVO, it is keeping those really weak signals, not as well as the Galaxy Note 2 but still good.

So all network vision sites that are complete are not also provisioned at the same time for 4g? I must be confused

I may be wrong here but, sites can be 3G complete and not have the new backhaul there. There can be 3G sites with new backhaul there, which there are for the most part.

Then the 4G sites have 4G complete and not necessarily 3G.

Then there are 3G/4G sites where both 3G and 4G are complete and operational.

Then there are 3G/4G/800 sites which have 1xAdvanced on 800mhz.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Let me try to understand what u mean. When they r doing Nv upgrades of service and upgrading 3G does that mean the qos or are they upgrading to more capacity so it will on par to Verizon ? Or does it mean 4g won't exist in these places and all and we will be getting a 3G upgrade instead?

Let me try to understand what u mean. When they r doing Nv upgrades of service and upgrading 3G does that mean the qos or are they upgrading to more capacity so it will on par to Verizon ? Or does it mean 4g won't exist in these places and all and we will be getting a 3G upgrade instead?

Network Vision upgrades entail the replacement of legacy gear with modern gear.

If permitting is done but backhaul is not then they'll replace the legacy stuff at the site and reconnect the hardware to the old legacy T1 lines. If permitting and backhaul is in place then they'll connect all the new gear to the new backhaul which will show in increased speeds. 4g may or may not be turned on at this point depending on who's the OEM (alcatel-lucent takes a bit).

Point is, 4g LTE will not be turned on at sites that does not have back haul ready but 3g will be turned on and connected to legacy backhaul.

Upgraded 3g (fiber / mw / aav) will have no slow downs and low latency compared to legacy 3g with T1 lines. They tend to hover in the 1.0-2.5 mbps range and faster as you get closer to the cell tower. This is because upgraded 3g sites are connected to the same backhaul as LTE.

• Like 1

I believe I passed by my first NV site(s), one in the NYC Market and one in the Long Island Market, both a couple of miles apart along the LIE.

5112E70D-B2FF-4678-B8F7-EDE29C720DE5-4166-00000286B5FA535B.jpg

The first 3 (at the bottom) were in Little Neck, it dropped to 0 Mbps before reaching the Nassau County border, then my phone got 5 bars again (which is uber rare) in the Rosyln Heights area and I ran speedtest.net again and got even faster speeds (the top 3), they topped 2+ Mbps while I ran the test.

My phone has never seen 3G this fast, I can't wait until NV hits Jamaica, it's in dire need of relief.

Edited by Sonic13
  • Like 1

I believe I passed by my first NV site(s), one in the NYC Market and one in the Long Island Market, both a couple of miles apart along the LIE.

5112E70D-B2FF-4678-B8F7-EDE29C720DE5-4166-00000286B5FA535B.jpg

The first 3 (at the bottom) were in Little Neck, it dropped to 0 Mbps before reaching the Nassau County border, then my phone got 5 bars again (which is uber rare) in the Rosyln Heights area and I ran speedtest.net again and got even faster speeds (the top 3), they topped 2+ Mbps while I ran the test.

My phone has never seen 3G this fast, I can't wait until NV hits Jamaica, it's in dire need of relief.

I have seen speeds upto 2Mbps around 188 st Hillside avenue. Its been like that for the last couple of months. I have seen improved speeds around Westbury

I'm losing my patience waiting for 4g! Help!

Wait! It will be worth it, I am also losing it but! I am keeping my cool. Because I have hope that Sprint will be the fastest wireless carrier, and become the best like it once was (I think sprint was once the best, not sure) Also because Sprint is the only unlimited carrier.

--

Chris

Patience is worth it. I'm waiting longer than all of you in NYC! 3G is driving me crazy, but not to the point of losing patience.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running Paradigm 3.0 using Forum Runner

• Like 2

BK is definitely ramping up now..@ this point your probably gonna be covered very soon! I suspect less than 6 weeks BK will be well lit! Look @ the bronx, just 10 weeks ago was almost nothing.
  • Like 1

BK is definitely ramping up now..@ this point your probably gonna be covered very soon! I suspect less than 6 weeks BK will be well lit! Look @ the bronx, just 10 weeks ago was almost nothing.

This is sooo true. 10 Weeks ago it NV was so little like 2 towers in Bronx. Now it is like everywhere. Can't wait can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--

Chris