Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

BK is definitely ramping up now..@ this point your probably gonna be covered very soon! I suspect less than 6 weeks BK will be well lit! Look @ the bronx, just 10 weeks ago was almost nothing.

Wow was it only 10 weeks ago when someone spotted 4g for the first time in the Bronx? Wow

I've been w/o 4G for wks now. I called sprint and asked if there is an outage. No outage, 3g in my area is horrible. Next step is emailing Dan. This is ridiculous.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

4g lte hasnt been released in nyc yet. consider yourself lucky to live in bronx. i have never seen a glimpse of lte in queens yet

• Like 1

Yes Sir! and that's also taking into account that Hurricane Sandy definitely delayed things!

If u think about it each borough takes 10 weeks that could up to a year for some boros that would suck for some but I think everything will spread out in the next coming months so I wouldn't worry

If u think about it each borough takes 10 weeks that could up to a year for some boros that would suck for some but I think everything will spread out in the next coming months so I wouldn't worry

Actually if you notice the completed sites has accelerated considerably in nyc so I don't think it will be at the same rate regardless..

Everywhere I used to get 4G I don't get it anymore. Why turn it on and then off? To knock me back down and tell me 3g is better than before. At least give me better 3g speed.

I have never lost 4G in the bx(posting this from my 4G connected phone) , what locations are you having issues in?

Nextgen, Do you get LTE on almost every block your on up in the Bronx?

I get it every place i visit for the most part...burnside area, fordham, kingsbridge, boston road, yankees stadium..so yeah pretty much all the areas I tend to visit..on some occasions it will drop to 3G, and i just do a quick toggle of airplane mode (I have an icon on my main screen with airplane toggle) and im back on LTE.

And when you consider that NYC has been deploying at a pretty slow rate so far, with about 10-15 updates per week on the NV Sites Complete thread. But it has been picking up in speed lately so NYC deployment should start speeding up now.

I finally got 4g in Throggsneck in the Bronx from Tremont Avenue all the way to Pelham Bay area before it dropped, and I even mapped it on Sensorly for once. This mapping looks like it ran on I95 but I was on the service road. I had no time to check speeds.

• Like 1

I'm losing my patience waiting for 4g! Help!

For all those that are losing patience, I hear that Google has a very good search engine that will find it for you. :P

People, Rome wasn't built in a Day, these things take time. I too am anxious for LTE but in time all would be fine.

TS out (using that Google search )

Couldn't help but notice that the completion date for NV in the New York City Market moved from 2014 to December 2013.

Did they originally quote a month with 2014 or did they just say 2014.

Also when on the sprint website and u search for NYC, it says coming in the next few months. I thought that was the official launch

I've been w/o 4G for wks now. I called sprint and asked if there is an outage. No outage, 3g in my area is horrible. Next step is emailing Dan. This is ridiculous.

Very possible that the 4g u were getting was at a test tower. Unfortunately since LTE is not officially launched yet in NYC, in not sure how much they are going to help u.

Did they originally quote a month with 2014 or did they just say 2014.

Also when on the sprint website and u search for NYC, it says coming in the next few months. I thought that was the official launch

This info is from the NV Running List thread, there is no official "launch" time table set for any market. The change from 2014 to 2013 was just a date based off of calculations based on the number of sites completed for the last several weeks. It changes all the time. The "launch" for NYC will probably come by Spring, possibly sooner if Alcatel Lucent is able to ramp up production of 4G sites.

You will be told, there is no 4G in your area. And that's the official word. Because there has been no "launch" yet. Your market is still under construction, signals will come and go, and speeds will go up and down. That's just how it is until your coverage is official announced. Now, if Sprint's coverage maps were plastered with orange LTE all over NYC, and you were having this problem, then calling Sprint might get you somewhere. But right now, all you can do is wait for construction to pick back up.

Sprint knows what's going on. I received a call back yesterday about my service. I will receive another call today in reference to the issue I am having with my service. I had several people check the coverage area I can't see it in my end. I'm sure they can see it on their end.

Sprint knows what's going on. I received a call back yesterday about my service. I will receive another call today in reference to the issue I am having with my service. I had several people check the coverage area I can't see it in my end. I'm sure they can see it on their end.

Of couse they know what's going on, but you calling and complaining about not receiving a service that they haven't launched in your city makes absolutely no sense.

Behavior like this is exactly why carriers choose to block the signal until an entire market is ready.

• Like 1