Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

The speed was horrible but you have to take a look at the signal, he doesn't have much bars.

--

Chris

On Android phones the bars do no indicate LTE signal strength. You would have to go to Settings >About >Network and check your signal strength there.

• Like 1

On Android phones the bars do no indicate LTE signal strength. You would have to go to Settings >About >Network and check your signal strength there.

Thank you for clearing that up. I love this site, I always learn something new. Education is very valuable. Once again thanks.

--

Chris

Looks like someone started in that area already...let me know when canarsie or clinton hill pops up ill map it

Around that area was mapped but not specifically. Will let u know if I spot any other locations. It's kinda cool I'm not searching, but they just popped up with lte.

I still don't understand, the signal bars should indeed indicate LTE. I mean how else would you know xD I wouldn't want to go in the settings all the time. Do you happen to know how it works on the iPhone?

--

Chris

According to what I understand the signal strength of lte has to do with the signal strength of the cell tower ur connected to. It sounds a little strange but I'm pretty sure I read it on here. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Yes you are right, but what I am saying why isn't it determined by the bars. I guess maybe cause the Bars do the CDMA and 3g? Idk what I am talking about someone should clear things up for me

--

Chris

No I meant to say, it is done by the bars. Im sorry if I confused u more

We talk about the signal bars indicator not showing LTE strength in this thread. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2040-bars-lie-for-lte-signal-strength-how-to-determine-your-actual-lte-signal-strength/

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 2

Will be heading out to Baltimore tomorrow, where supposedly lte is everywhere. Will see what it's like to have for a full day. That is if its true that its everywhere. Will update everyone on the experience

It's not everywhere. But it's covering more than any other large city in America, except for possibly Chicago.

It's not everywhere. But it's covering more than any other large city in America, except for possibly Chicago.

On highway now and have had it for miles. Will update u on how it's working when I'm in actual city

• Like 1