Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

i think that may be a case where there was only band 41 around. This is at ceasers bay brooklyn. Band 26 has been good. A week ago I was at my brothers house and had solid 3 bars of band 26 in the basement.

I noticed that last time I was at Caesar's Bay. I had Band 41 coverage indoors but no Band 25 or Band 26.

Actually someone found out in the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus forum that the iOS Sensorly app will map speed test results. I've tried it and now my house is a yellow dot

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

[emoji46][emoji47][emoji43][emoji43][emoji43]

That's amazing. It probably was able to add mapping when iOS 8 came out with that extensibility feature.

Edited by IsaiahL

That's amazing. It probably was able to add mapping when iOS 8 came out with that extensibility feature.

Actually someone found out in the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus forum that the iOS Sensorly app will map speed test results. I've tried it and now my house is a yellow dot

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

It's not what I was talking about. I was talking about the actual results that show up when you select it based upon connection type not just the heat map thing that shows yellow red or green.

To map a speed test result, it just needs access to your location. Pretty sure iPhones have been able to do that for some time.

Hello everyone:

I was a Sprint customer from 2011-2013. I tried to ride off the storm but eventually could not stand the slow data speeds from Sprint so I paid the ETF and jumped over to at&t. Tremendous improvement.

So now Sprint has been catching my attention with some great new deals and I am tempted to switch back but the main questions is: has Sprint improved?

Is their data and calling much better? Are data speeds reliable and fast?

I live in NYC and I would appreciate everyone's input. I don't want to switch and later regret it. Please be honest and don't trash Sprint either.

I know they are still working on their network but I would switch back only if their network and data speeds have improved.

Sprint in general is better and still improving. I would switch back or get a new number/line with sprint to try out for a week or two, if it doesnt work out, then return the phone and keep att. If it works great, then port your numbers over. 

• Like 1

you should definately review the new york thread, that is where you will find the most appropriate information and feedback.

• Like 2

Hello everyone:

I was a Sprint customer from 2011-2013. I tried to ride off the storm but eventually could not stand the slow data speeds from Sprint so I paid the ETF and jumped over to at&t. Tremendous improvement.

So now Sprint has been catching my attention with some great new deals and I am tempted to switch back but the main questions is: has Sprint improved?

I live in NYC and I would appreciate everyone's input. I don't want to switch and later regret it. Please be honest and don't trash Sprint either.

I know they are still working on their network but I would switch back only if their network and data speeds have improved.

What parts of nyc do you work, live and play in? Overall huge improvement but some neighborhoods are still improving.

Hello everyone:

Sprint in general is better and still improving. I would switch back or get a new number/line with sprint to try out for a week or two, if it doesnt work out, then return the phone and keep att. If it works great, then port your numbers over. 

Yes it has!! I would do what gr8nuguy says, and do the trial period with a new phone number. Make sure it is a spark phone, which most of them are, I think you will enjoy the way sprint is going and it is only getting better :D

• Like 2

I really like your idea. I had not thought of that. I might just do what you suggested. I think Sprint now gives 30 days to return the phone and cancel your service rather than the 14 days that all the other carriers give.
  • Like 1

I really like your idea. I had not thought of that. I might just do what you suggested. I think Sprint now gives 30 days to return the phone and cancel your service rather than the 14 days that all the other carriers give.

I may be wrong, but I think the 30 day trial ended. I think it is back to 14 days.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

How will 8t8r help improve Sprint? Can someone please explain this.

8t8r stands for 8 transmit 8 receive. The main advantage of 8t8r antennas is that the signal is usable closer to the edge of the service area. (There are other advantages, but I'm not sure of them.)

This combined with the wide 20 mhz B41 carriers can provide average speeds around 50Mbps.

Can someone interpret this for me

Sorry if this is a stupid question... but I've had iPhones for years and I can't figure out how to get into Field Test while on a phone call. Enlighten me please? ;)