Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

It says he lives in Ridgewood, Queens. Just looking at the maps really quickly, it seems like he'd be in a significantly better position with a triband device.

Probably. I know in Woodside and Flushing, a Spark phone does wonders.

oh its stated it is triband but its not going to be compatible with a certain frequency that is "hyped up"?

I was once in your shoes until i gotta tri-band device. Now I'm enjoying the great speeds band 41 has to offer. So go ahead and get that note 4, or better yet wait a few weeks for the Nexus 6 [emoji6].

02731419bcb7ad74b4d56d0a1de52cd4.jpg

I was once in your shoes until i gotta tri-band device. Now im enjoying the fa

yeah the same thing with me i only have band 41 in my area, plus the layout of sprint sites and panels are really bad, I'm in the middle of 3 sprints sites and the one that gives me service still on nv, the other 2 not facing my job and the clearsite im on the edge if i cross the street im back to 3g

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Looks like my local B41 8t8r site just got provisioned for faster backhaul! Speeds are CRAZY! Peaked at around 80! settled at this....

Screenshot_2014-10-30-00-21-03.png

I love how -101dbm is 3 bars on your phone. On my M8, that's 1 bar. I feel like Sprint should try to fix that on the M8. -101dbm is still a relatively strong signal but having 1 bar is a psychological thing for many people.

• Like 1

I love how -101dbm is 3 bars on your phone. On my M8, that's 1 bar. I feel like Sprint should try to fix that on the M8. -101dbm is still a relatively strong signal but having 1 bar is a psychological thing for many people.

I know the feeling on my HTC one max i swear I rarely have more then one bar. And even on b25 with one bar in my unloaded town I get 15megs and up sometimes anything above wat seems like -95 dBm is one bar. Which is just weird it doesn't make sense.

Edit: and on a side note it's kinda funny when my mom goes to make a call with 1 bar and then it jumps to full and she gets all confused. "Why do I always have 1 bar when not using my phone and full bars when I call"

Edited by eljayyy91
  • Like 4

I got the note 4 which is jumping around 3g and b25 and 26 and 41 nonstop ...previously had nexus 5 which death gripped b41

Cannot account for indoor performance, but outdoor should be solid LTE almost everywhere in NYC, except small pockets.

Cannot account for indoor performance, but outdoor should be solid LTE almost everywhere in NYC, except small pockets.

yeah I think its just the note 4's radio that needs optimizing cause my nexus 5 was incredible

yeah I think its just the note 4's radio that needs optimizing cause my nexus 5 was incredible

I have a G3, and its radio is superior to the Nexus 5 with latest radio. It would sadden me to hear that the Note 4's RF performance leaves something to be desired.

I have a G3, and its radio is superior to the Nexus 5 with latest radio. It would sadden me to hear that the Note 4's RF performance leaves something to be desired.

agreed... waited 2 years on the note 2 for the 4 ....skipped the 3 cause it didn't have spark.. hope it does better with a new radio. thats the only thing thats holding the note 4 from becoming great..atleast for me

Either get a triband Spark device or go to another provider. 

A Note 3, by the virtue of being a single band PCS 1900 only device, is terrible in extreme urban zones like NYC where capacity is a huge issue that can only be fixed by wider carriers which are only available to Sprint on the 2500-2600 Band 41 spectrum that Sprint is actively deploying both on the old Clear sites and now on Sprints own sites. So you absolutely need a Spark triband device in practically all Sprint markets if you want a decent experience and your Note 3 is not going to do well. 

This is why I did not buy the Note 3. I bought the Nexus 5, and just today I got 27mb down load in the Bx where my friend on his note could only muster 5-6mb. Note 4 or Nexus 6 will be a better performer. Nexus 6 will have roaming on rural carrier capability, where as Note 4 will not. I hear the Note edge will have LTE A 300mb capable speed performance...truly future proof as it gets for today.

• Like 3

Drove up 3rd ave from 40th st till 125th st and picked up more live 8t8r Sprint B41

On 78th street, 89th street (looks like same site but switched sectors) and 103rd street, all three sites averaged between 15-35mbs.

104thn3rd.png89thn3rd.png78thn3rd.png

• Like 5

Where specifically are those two sites?

I close to corner of Cypress and Stephen St... One Tower is on Decatur St at Myrtle Ave and the other is on Myrtle Ave at Wyckoff Ave... Im dead smack in the middle of those sad excuses for Cellular Towers that they been telling me for 2 years were gonna be upgraded in 3 months... then in another 3 months... now they say Jan 2015... I started with Sprint exactly 12 years ago sometime this week. and yes the curse word is an understatement I used for the service in Ridgewood... most areas are a dead zone... 3g downloads speeds of .24mbs with a 642ms ping is a sad story for Sprint. The tower ON Myrtle/Wyckoff hasnt been updated in I believe more then 10 years Sprint tech said

Found some more 8t8r equipment in the Bronx by Claremont park while jogging. Site was not live.

Excuse the obstruction but that was the best I could capture from the park at that height.

Ofcourse it's not "live".

Sprint doesn't use TMA's nor those 4 port antennas and AWS antenna that Verizon does. 

Ofcourse it's not "live".

Sprint doesn't use TMA's nor those 4 port antennas and AWS antenna that Verizon does. 

I will try to get more shots as they resemble a bunch of sprint sites I've taken shots of before (Except the one on the left!). But then again, this location does not show up on the deployment maps, so your probably correct. 

There is a site showing up within 300ft of this one on the deployment maps. So I assumed the GPS coordinates were off by a bit.