Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I definitely did not connect to that site I can say that much. Why must u be the only one who gets to see the magic beast .

Ive been blessed by the S4GRU Gods!!! 

Also helps to be obsessed with SCP persistent notification and constantly looking for antennas.

Ive been blessed by the S4GRU Gods!!! 

Also helps to be obsessed with SCP persistent notification and constantly looking for antennas.

Same here. I've found 3 8T8R sites in the Boston area in the past week alone. I thought I'd never be the one. As far as I know, I got the highest speed on an 8T8R site so far at 71Mbps.

• Like 1

PLM 310 120 is sprint equipment. Good find!

I did take a walk back to the park and picked up the site you mentioned the other day as well. But i was on 64th and park when I did when I got close to 62nd it switch back to the clear site for me.

Screenshot_2014-09-30-20-51-16.png

Screenshot_2014-09-30-20-50-47.png

• Like 1

I did take a walk back to the park and picked up the site you mentioned the other day as well. But i was on 64th and park when I did when I got close to 62nd it switch back to the clear site for me.

When you mention park, do you mean park ave or central park west?

When you mention park, do you mean park ave or central park west?

clarification I meant central park west! I did run some speed test but they were pretty much in line with the medium speeds or the network. Not peak at least at the central park west location. When I ran a quick test on 43rd between Broadway and 8th I hit 30 down 17 up. So different load and more band 41 sites online in that vicinity. According to scp

17 up? It's possible that they were running it in a different downlink:uplink ratio.

I just looked back at my results and I misspoke it was 30 and 10.34 to be exact... My mistake for trying to reply off the top of my head. Just checked my log again.

on the new iPhone 6 Plus I'm either getting B26 or B41 every time I check.

Is this positive?

I remember on the 5S I couldn't ever get off B25.

Now it's the opposite. I can't seen to get B25.

Should I worry?

Edited by LTEBrooklyn

I'm really confused about something.

As people upgrade to the newest devices, it seems that the phones are prioritizing B26 and B41

Won't that eventually clog up bandwidth like it did on B25 because nobody will be using B25 anymore except for older devices

Edited by LTEBrooklyn

To illustrate, B41 is like driving on the NJ turnpike. B25 is the FDR and B26 is the West side Hwy. B41 will be hard to congest with the vast amount of bandwith available.

Perfect analogy for our tristate friends that drive.
  • Like 3

The main reason why you're not picking up Band 25 is that the network is trying to alleviate capacity on it. Band 25 was over capacity. It never got as bas as Chicago but it was pretty close. We got lucky that Clear had a pretty dense network here and it was widespread. NYC has Band 41 in so many places now because of it.