Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I'm really confused about something.

As people upgrade to the newest devices, it seems that the phones are prioritizing B26 and B41

Won't that eventually clog up bandwidth like it did on B25 because nobody will be using B25 anymore except for older devices

B41 will be prioritized because it has more capacity. Where you don't have B41, you're getting bumped to B26 because B25 is full. Everything working as it should.

Just wondering if anyone notices drop in speeds on B41 with more and more people getting iPhones or B41 capable phones. Anyone notice differences?

not really, I see the difference. Don't know is the iPhone or more triband phones but i don't get the 35+gb on band 41 u9y7a2e3.jpgdytapysu.jpg

B41 will be prioritized because it has more capacity. Where you don't have B41, you're getting bumped to B26 because B25 is full. Everything working as it should.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

My mom has an upgrade and my birthdays coming up, I asked her if she doesn't get her 6 by my birthday can I take her upgrade cause u have my money and im gonna trade in my 5 which is worth 233$ so hopefully I get my 6 in 2 weeks if my mom let's me. I can't wait to experience B41's sparkyness [emoji24]

But I think 8mbps is more than enough if you ask me.

Just having that consistent will take care of almost all usage that I can think of.

Even 2-5 is enough if your just browsing the Web. I sometimes even can watch Netflix with 2-5down. Truthfully it's all about consistency of Sprint can provide at least 10mbps down and 5 up then most people shouldn't complain. I truthfully don't think we need 30 and above I feel like that's just for marketing because not one of the 4 major service providers gets over 20 at all times especially Verizon.

Even 2-5 is enough if your just browsing the Web. I sometimes even can watch Netflix with 2-5down. Truthfully it's all about consistency of Sprint can provide at least 10mbps down and 5 up then most people shouldn't complain. I truthfully don't think we need 30 and above I feel like that's just for marketing because not one of the 4 major service providers gets over 20 at all times especially Verizon.

On an unburdened site, I was watching HD Hulu content over 3G perfectly fine last year. 1.5-2.5Mbps is great, 3G or LTE.

• Like 1

Just wondering if anyone notices drop in speeds on B41 with more and more people getting iPhones or B41 capable phones. Anyone notice differences?

just got 40mbs on my iPhone 6 at work. I would say no drop.
  • Like 4

My mom has an upgrade and my birthdays coming up, I asked her if she doesn't get her 6 by my birthday can I take her upgrade cause u have my money and im gonna trade in my 5 which is worth 233$ so hopefully I get my 6 in 2 weeks if my mom let's me. I can't wait to experience B41's sparkyness [emoji24]

Get the 6 Plus.

I love the phone.

And it's big at first glance, but you get used to it. Really worth it!

check engineering screen. That SC shot is all kinds of contradictory.

oh yeah sorry it was band 26, I got exited because it was the first time my phone to connect to LTE with out going to airplane mode

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Are band 41 formally WiMAX towers ?

Clear towers in NYC were and still are Wimax sites. But sprint is also deploying B41 on all there own towers as well. Eventually, we will have a slight advantage over other markets in number of sites, because we will eventually have B41 on both ex-clear sites and current sprint sites.

Clear towers in NYC were and still are Wimax sites. But sprint is also deploying B41 on all there own towers as well. Eventually, we will have a slight advantage over other markets in number of sites, because we will eventually have B41 on both ex-clear sites and current sprint sites.

Wouldn't be cheaper for sprint to just convert?

Wouldn't be cheaper for sprint to just convert?

Its not that simple, Sprint made an agreement with the government to decommission equipment issued by Huawei, which eventually will have non wimax 8t8r antennas on them.

Also, not all Clear equipment is co-located with Sprint equipment, so Sprint will use the extra sites to increase coverage of Band 41. But the ones that are co-located will be taken down in favor of sprint's own 8t8r.

My experience so far with the iPhone 6 on spark has been great. Places inside where I had only 3G I now have 2 bars of band 41.

Hmm. I thought Band 41 had issues inside.

B26 is best for indoors.

In my house I get Band 41 for LTE and probably B25 for voice which is completely unstable.

How's b26 coverage for voice working out? Having issues still with signal in my house

B26 is best for indoors.

In my house I get Band 41 for LTE and probably B25 for voice which is completely unstable.

How's b26 coverage for voice working out? Having issues still with signal in my house

B25/B26 is LTE only, your looking for BC10 which is 1x800. Your probably having issues with a conflicting legacy site still lingering around that your phone connects to. 

Try going into your engineering screen while on a call to see what your connecting to, and what signal strength your getting on 1x Voice.

B26 is best for indoors.

B41 is often on different sites than the rest of the Sprint network (for now), so it is possible to have a strong B41 signal, but have weak signals on other bands.

Can someone interpret this for me

Did you get LTE before you got the iphone 6? It seems like your 1x signal is very low. -106 is hit or miss. Another thing about iphones, they tend to favor 1x on 1900 over 1x over 800 which would probably increase signal strengh 10-20% 

Hopefully its just your local site that has not been upgraded to 1x800, and if that is indeed the case, hopefully it happens sooner than later. 

I suggest donating a few bucks to get access to the current NV map, that will give you a better idea if your local site is upgraded or not. 

B26 is best for indoors.

i think that may be a case where there was only band 41 around. This is at ceasers bay brooklyn. Band 26 has been good. A week ago I was at my brothers house and had solid 3 bars of band 26 in the basement.
  • Like 1