Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I don't have a spark phone.

Just wondering how it works .

They combine all the bands into 1 and all the throughput goes through as 1 signal?

No, that's not how it works. Spark is just the name for Band 41, which is the band that delivers faster speeds.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I don't have a spark phone.

Just wondering how it works .

They combine all the bands into 1 and all the throughput goes through as 1 signal?

Spark disignates that a device is able to access bands 25 med band,26 low band and 41 high band for capacity speeds. It also states phone is HD voice capable as well. Marketing just messed up how engineers wanted to frame it and how sprint actually needed to frame it. Spark device is single path radio so not svdo or svlte with those devices unlike devices released from second quarter, 2012 to 3rd quarter of 2013. With a triband spark device the network will move you to whichever band is least populated and continue a efficient and consistent network experience. In theory!

So I see that verizon just flipped the switch on xlte. In 44 states.... Just like that. I have a feeling sprint will never catch up

No, they have been switching on AWS for almost a year now...nothing new, just marketing jargon, also, most of the locations they mention are not fully deployed by a long shot....

So basically, nothing special..

• Like 4

You can say that again. Additionally, I don't see how you thought Sprint could catch up when Verizon is the largest operator in the U.S. Even if Sprint surpassed them in initial deployment, Verizon would have eventually passed them. Verizon simply solidified their position as number one.

However, Sprint's growth is far from over. Sprint has enormous speed and capacity potential.

• Like 1

No, they have been switching on AWS for almost a year now...nothing new, just marketing jargon, also, most of the locations they mention are not fully deployed by a long shot....

So basically, nothing special..

Actually i just read this was stuff they purchased back in 2012. So they have been working on it for two years. Nvm that back to sprint discussion. 

• Like 1

Any B26 sightings around Brooklyn? Around where I live in south Brooklyn LTE is so saturated that b25 goes indoors fairly well.

B25 has been awful indoors for me here In brooklyn. My airave also went out tonight, so my service isn't working how I would like it too

My experience in Brooklyn is that outdoors the network covers well and only in some areas is the network dense enough that you get a great signal indoors. For example, the two towers that serve my home give me a -112 signal in my home on LTE.

At my Aunt's home in Old Mill Basin (Flatlands), I have a -79 LTE signal in her home. It definitely varies.

Sprint is being charged a 7.5m fine bc they couldn't leave people on the Do Not Call List alone. There goes the NV budget. [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chickenlittle-e1322754718668.jpg

• Like 1

My experience in Brooklyn is that outdoors the network covers well and only in some areas is the network dense enough that you get a great signal indoors. For example, the two towers that serve my home give me a -112 signal in my home on LTE.

At my Aunt's home in Old Mill Basin (Flatlands), I have a -79 LTE signal in her home. It definitely varies.

coverage is getting better the problem sprint has to face now is capacity, i was at citi field for the subway series and sprint just collapsed, my boss texted me to come early to work and my text were stuck at sending i rebooted the phone changed bands i even tried 3g mode and nothing. i tough it was my phone but my wife was trying to upload pics to Instagram and having the issues so i just left it alone my texts finally were delivered after i left the stadium

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

coverage is getting better the problem sprint has to face now is capacity, i was at citi field for the subway series and sprint just collapsed, my boss texted me to come early to work and my text were stuck at sending i rebooted the phone changed bands i even tried 3g mode and nothing. i tough it was my phone but my wife was trying to upload pics to Instagram and having the issues so i just left it alone my texts finally were delivered after i left the stadium

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Comparing the capacity during a game where there are 45k people, is not the same as comparing capacity of a normal site during peak congestion hours. B41 is good, but not that good lol. 

So picked up band 26 while drinking outside at Bronx Ale house on 238th and Broadway last night so that makes the third sector I've come in contact with in my vicinity. Had a confirmed signal on the 1 train ccoming up till it handed off to the sector covering my neighborhood as well... Have noticed that the band 41 signal seems to be reliant on the new tilt of the tower as I can get it standing in one location and lose it completely in another. Hopefully this is due to them lining them up for the new antenna placement. But it is not easy to pick up strong signal where I am currently.

• Like 1

Just picked up B26 as well near my home off the grand concourse and tremont. Signal was btwn -95 and -105 speeds were excellent! btwn 7mb-15mb. Cant say much for coverage since I lost it after about 5minutes..

• Like 1

I'm sure this is sprint. Especially after SoftBank .

Lmaoo , how much did they get from the deal again?

It's not how much they got from the deal, but how much they have in total now thatvtheyre both combined. Like everything else, their funds are limited. But combined, they're making money like Verizon does, maybe a bit less.

Did Sprint start their roll out of VoLTE yet ,

No. And I'm glad they didn't. Carriers are currently hyping up VoLTE, but it's nothing to brag about. You lose coverage by switching to VoLTE.

• Like 1

No. And I'm glad they didn't. Carriers are currently hyping up VoLTE, but it's nothing to brag about. You lose coverage by switching to VoLTE.

They're hyping it because Apple's iPhone 6 is supposedly going to support VoLTE. So Verizon , AT&T & T-Mobile are launching it, in upcoming preparation.