Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Not really. It just means that Brooklyn and the Bronx have towers in enough areas that they consider it complete. Lets that number is 75%. And let's say queens and manhattan are at the 30% mark. It will still be deployed more and more. But u gotta was till 75 until its (official)

Take a look at sensorly. The Bronx seems to have pretty good coverge. I have to believe that next to Manhattan, the Bronx is one of the most challenging places to build out. It is a dense urban environment with a lot of hills. You may be dropping LTE intermittantly for awhile.

Yonkers may be on the list, but I can tell you that there is still a lot of work to be done here. The tower next to my home has yet to be marked 3g complete, and from what I can see, has had new panels installed since last summer.... 4g coverage in Yonkers in my opinion is about 40% complete.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

If im not mistaken, Sprint does announce a city once it hits around the 40% mark. So that might explain.

If im not mistaken, Sprint does announce a city once it hits around the 40% mark. So that might explain.

So far as we know, they announce at the 40% POPs mark. Not even 40% complete site wise, just POPs. I'm pretty sure they waited a little longer for NYC due to all the holes, and other large cities such as LA and DC (still not announced), but elsewhere that 40% POPs seems to be holding pretty well. (Portland, Nashville, Jacksonville FL to name a few).

• Like 1

Thus far, no change in service.

*plays violin tune*

The way I see it, upgrades are surely coming, when sprint says "in the coming months" they actually mean a year and change, and never hype up press releases.

• Like 2

I really don't understand how or why Sprint went from deploying LTE at a super fast paste to this sluggy taking 10-15years paste of deployment . This slowness is gonna work against them in the long run cause mean while they're taking their time they're also losing customers who became impatient . They need to speed it up *claps hands rapidly*

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Seriously?

Dude, seriously?

• Like 3

?

They're still progressing at the same speed they have been all year. Sure, couple weeks here and there are a bit slower, a couple a bit faster. But the rollout hasn't stalled, or stopped. It's still chugging along. 

I can attest to the fact as someone that lives and travels through brooklyn that the LTE is very spotty, non contiguous and mostly absurdly slow for LTE. I have never had LTE in my home neighborhood for more than 12 hrs. When I travel LTE is constantly dropping and failing to reconnect.

I can attest to the fact as someone that lives and travels through brooklyn that the LTE is very spotty, non contiguous and mostly absurdly slow for LTE. I have never had LTE in my home neighborhood for more than 12 hrs. When I travel LTE is constantly dropping and failing to reconnect.

Thats what I experience . My phone rarely connects to LTE willingly its always me forcing it onto the network through Airplane Mode . Unfortunately thats the only way I can experience LTE .

One thing that I have noticed about the way handing off works with regards to switching from 3G to 4G and vice versa, if your phone, is constantly accessing that data connection (be it 3G or 4G) it will not hand off, the phone will wait, until its in an idle state, THEN switch. So for example, if your in a 3G only area, and you happen to travel within a 4G coverage area while your phone is accessing data, it will NOT hand off to 4G until the radio is in an idle state! So bottom line, switching to airplane mode will just stop your radio from accessing the network and wake up in the preferred state (hopefully LTE). Also, try to keep those background apps at bay, it will greatly reduce the time it takes to switch radio modes.

• Like 3

One thing that I have noticed about the way handing off works with regards to switching from 3G to 4G and vice versa, if your phone, is constantly accessing that data connection (be it 3G or 4G) it will not hand off, the phone will wait, until its in an idle state, THEN switch. So for example, if your in a 3G only area, and you happen to travel within a 4G coverage area while your phone is accessing data, it will NOT hand off to 4G until the radio is in an idle state! So bottom line, switching to airplane mode will just stop your radio from accessing the network and wake up in the preferred state (hopefully LTE). Also, try to keep those background apps at bay, it will greatly reduce the time it takes to switch radio modes.

That's a good point I always thought it was my EVO LTE with it's connection problems that was causing this so I guess this happens to all devices.

Sent from my Nexus 7

• Like 1

Spot on. 100 percent agree. Experiencing the same.

Considering over the last two weeks we had only about 10 new NV sites, I would say they have been slow recently. And NYC isn't even half way done.

I don't think work has slowed down as much as it is going as fast as possible. I seriously doubt the techs are sitting on their thumbs.

Kinda surprised u didn't know about this

I didn't. Usually I'm on the train using data and it would switch to 3G/4G during tower handoffs.

I tested this from a static position yesterday with 4G coverage. iPhone was on 3G and wouldn't go to 4G. Cycled airplane mode and it connected to 4G right away.

You could say that I just never noticed it.

I didn't. Usually I'm on the train using data and it would switch to 3G/4G during tower handoffs.

I tested this from a static position yesterday with 4G coverage. iPhone was on 3G and wouldn't go to 4G. Cycled airplane mode and it connected to 4G right away.

You could say that I just never noticed it.

I hope 800 signal will be auto in real time. Not airplane mode cycle

im on 82 st and northern blvd jackson heights queens, i added a screen shot something is not right the bsl gives me an adress in the bronx

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

uploadfromtaptalk1375374587622.jpg

• Like 4