Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Could it be by chance that Sprint is turning on the cell sites that it turned off a while ago in preparation for this announcement? It would be awesome if that were true! 

Though time and time again, people said that wouldn't happen so I am doubtful that, that is the reason why. I'm sure that whatever was messed up got fixed.

Service in Coney Island was....interesting. My phone was on 1x for the vast majority of the time. And it died quickly.

Been like that for the past 2 weeks. I live near Coney island and the whole area has been on and off with lte

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

One can only hope. I just wish that they would turn on the towers that have been turned off. At least half of the 4G towers in Brooklyn have been turned off after completion and it is kind of annoying. 4G performance is great when I get it, but most  of the time it is on 2 bars or less. I just know that tomorrow, after the earnings call and the announcement of the cities, I will call in Sprint and put in a ticket if my site hasn't been turned on, just to see if I can get them to fix whatever is wrong with it faster. If not, then I can wait.

• Like 1

It would be nice to get something a bit more significant than a press release, at least 800 CDMA, since Sprint has more control over how and when that gets completed with minimal outside forces (like backhaul) standing in their way!

• Like 1

It would be nice to get something a bit more significant than a press release, at least 800 CDMA, since Sprint has more control over how and when that gets completed with minimal outside forces (like backhaul) standing in their way!

You never know! We might get a surprise! Less then 10 hours we shall find out

If every LTE site in Brooklyn were on, LTE coverage woukd not be half bad.

I'm guessing more towers will be turned on tomorrow then what we had previously. I'm not quite sure how they did tests without having a public signal for those, but then again something was happening this past 10 days, so I'm hoping besides more towers, some 800 will come as well!

Ha. I got a LTE signal. Didn't think it would actually turn on at 12 am. This is definitely a software switch. I'm thinking more towers are up and with the button it will go. Please report if u see more then avg LTE later

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• A heavy n41 overlay as an acquisition condition would be a win for customers, and eventually a win for T-Mobile as that might be enough to preclude VZW/AT&T adding C-Band for FWA due to spreading the market too thinly (which means T-Mobile would just have local WISPs/wireline ISPs as competition). USCC spacing (which is likely for contiguous 700 MHz LTE coverage in rural areas) isn't going to be enough for contiguous n41 anyway, and I doubt they'll densify enough to get there.
    • Boost Infinite with a rainbow SIM (you can get it SIM-only) is the cheapest way, at $25/mo, to my knowledge; the cheaper Boost Mobile plans don't run on Dish native. Check Phonescoop for n70 support on a given phone; the Moto G 5G from last year may be the cheapest unlocked phone with n70 though data speeds aren't as good as something with an X70 or better modem.
    • Continuing the USCC discussion, if T-Mobile does a full equipment swap at all of USCC's sites, which they probably will for vendor consistency, and if they include 2.5 on all of those sites, which they probably will as they definitely have economies of scale on the base stations, that'll represent a massive capacity increase in those areas over what USCC had, and maybe a coverage increase since n71 will get deployed everywhere and B71 will get deployed any time T-Mobile has at least 25x25, and maybe where they have 20x20. Assuming this deal goes through (I'm betting it does), I figure I'll see contiguous coverage in the area of southern IL where I was attempting to roam on USCC the last time I was there, though it might be late next year before that switchover happens.
    • Forgot to post this, but a few weeks ago I got to visit these small cells myself! They're spread around Grant park and the surrounding areas, but unfortunately none of the mmwave cells made it outside of the parks along the lake into the rest of downtown. I did spot some n41 small cells around downtown, but they seemed to be older deployments limited to 100mhz and performed poorly.    
    • What is the cheapest way to try Dish's wireless network?  Over the past year I've seen them add their equipment to just about every cell site here, I'm assuming just go through Boost's website?  What phones are Dish native?