Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Everywhere in Brooklyn so far I went has no LTE. Anyone reporting LTE?

I know that at my home I had LTE, but for the past few months I haven't had LTE. Hopefully on the 30th I will be able to report an outage at my tower and get it turned back on or something, if it hasn't been turned on already. And what's funny is, the map is showing it as a weak signal although it is directly on top of the tower.

200 pages

-77 pages of complaints

-54 pages of off topic

-34 pages of speedtests

-15 pages of trolls, misfits and banned posts

-----------------------------------

20 pages actual on-topic discussion

yeah that sounds about right. 

:P

TS

• Like 4

200 pages

-77 pages of complaints

-54 pages of off topic

-34 pages of speedtests

-15 pages of trolls, misfits and banned posts

-----------------------------------

20 pages actual on-topic discussion

yeah that sounds about right.

:P

TS

For real?

Wait, will Sprint deploy 800Mhz, 1900Mhz, and the 2.5/2.6Ghz underground? That would be insane!

I assume the deployment is in small cells. I know they have pico antennas at 1900 in testing but not sure about 800. Im pretty sure 2500 will have a pico antenna made but not sure if it will be deployed.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

I think it's funny that Sprint shows my area as having 'Best' LTE coverage when there isn't any LTE coverage to speak of lol.

But idc, it doesn't effect me (yet), as long as they manage to have that level of coverage in place before the next iPhone comes out.

I think it's funny that Sprint shows my area as having 'Best' LTE coverage when there isn't any LTE coverage to speak of lol.

But idc, it doesn't effect me (yet), as long as they manage to have that level of coverage in place before the next iPhone comes out.

Yes it is a known fact that their maps are horrible on the LTE side. They show coverage of LTE where they say they only have roaming voice coverage. We all know that voice can be used with a much weaker signal than even Evdo.

So now there is the 2600 spectrum? Also is 2500 going to be shared/WiMAX or is it going to dedicated to LTE?

2500 mhz and 2600 mhz are the same spectrum. Its just that people use 2500 and 2600 interchangeably.

To ur 2nd question....yes wimax network is still up and will be sharing the same backhaul as td-lte for the time being until the wimax network is decommissioned sometime in 2015. So this means the theoretical speeds of a 20 mhz tdd lte carrier wont be realized since part of the backhaul is being taken for wimax use.

2500 mhz and 2600 mhz are the same spectrum. Its just that people use 2500 and 2600 interchangeably.

To ur 2nd question....yes wimax network is still up and will be sharing the same backhaul as td-lte for the time being until the wimax network is decommissioned sometime in 2015. So this means the theoretical speeds of a 20 mhz tdd lte carrier wont be realized since part of the backhaul is being taken for wimax use.

That's not 100% true. On the video on CNET Iyad Tarazi said that on the WiMax towers that are getting upgraded to LTE they are putting fiber there if there was Microwave backhaul.

That's not 100% true. On the video on CNET Iyad Tarazi said that on the WiMax towers that are getting upgraded to LTE they are putting fiber there if there was Microwave backhaul.

I am not arguing about the type of backhaul provided to the Clearwire sites for TD-LTE.  In fact I hope all Clearwire sites get upgraded to fiber backhaul instead of microwave backhaul to have more consistent capacity.  Fiber is the overall best choice for backhaul and they mind as well spend the capital and time effort to upgrade all these sites to be future proof.

I was just stating that for the time being, the Clearwire sites that are being upgraded to TD-LTE will also have Wimax also running in the network.  According to Robert's limited testing of TD-LTE in Denver it appears that TD-LTE and Wimax networks are sharing the same backhaul given the max speeds able to be achieved in his speedtests was only 40 Mbps.

• Like 1

A lot of on/off in Brooklyn with lte. Hope they are adjusting the tilt on the panels because my late speeds at home next to the Window isn't impressive compared to last winter where I was getting 15mbps.. now only get 2-3 mbps

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

This morning on my way to work, I saw an LTE signal on whitehall street in lower manhattan. Didn't get any data off of it but I guess it won't be long till all of lower manhattan gets LTE coverage!

This morning on my way to work, I saw an LTE signal on whitehall street in lower manhattan. Didn't get any data off of it but I guess it won't be long till all of lower manhattan gets LTE coverage!

If it was the Whitehall area with barely any strength, you sadly might have been picking up an LTE signal from Brooklyn.

That's awesome! I could only wish the same would happen to me. To me, it seemed like downtilt was a bit wonky on the tower that I am on. Because of that, outside I would have strong signal but inside, while I had 4 bars of 1x I would have none on 4G. I'm hoping that changes soon.