Just some clarification. According to Sprints WiMAX coverage map, the WiMAX coverage in port orange is very spotty and poor. Will LTE be better with coverage?

Sprint is bringing LTE to virtually every tower. You can’t associate current WiMax coverage with Sprint’s future LTE coverage, for WiMax is provided by Clearwire. How is your Sprint signal?

Sprint is bringing LTE to virtually every tower. You can’t associate current WiMax coverage with Sprint’s future LTE coverage, for WiMax is provided by Clearwire. How is your Sprint signal?

Not to mention if they're using 1900 mhz and eventually 800mhz bands for LTE, the signal penetration should be better than the penetration we got from wimax (I think it was 2400mhz?)

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Just some clarification. According to Sprints WiMAX coverage map, the WiMAX coverage in port orange is very spotty and poor. Will LTE be better with coverage? There is a tower off of Williamson blvd on what looks to be private property near the spruce creek, according to research it is a tmobile tower. But also sprint because according to sprint "see what's happening in your neighborhood" NV upgrade map, that tower has had a voice upgrade. There are two levels on the tower. The first one most likely tmobile and the second one most likely sprint. But yesterday I noticed that the protruding structures that the antennas would be mounted on are installed but there are no actual antennas mounted on them. And I only see one section of wire going down the tower. Could this be future LTE tower for sprint? Also there is an AT&T tower at the corner of Williamson and Taylor across from the 7 eleven. Its only has AT&T on it right now but is sprint planning to install LTE on that tower in the future, or would they even need to ?

LTE is being deployed to every single sprint tower, not just a few like with what clearwire did; From what I understand now is if you are getting a usable 3G signal now(not speeds, signal) you will get a usable LTE signal post NV and your 3G signal will get even better.

The tower at Williamson next to the school and behind someones house has been like that for 7 months. I freaked when I saw FPL contractors there putting in something that resembled FPLfibernet, but it wasn't.. That tower is owned by T-Mobile but sprint leases it, but I haven't seen any permits pulled for it other than the two on dunlawton.

The tower on Williamson across from 7/11 is an AT&T/New Cingular owned tower, I doubt sprint would lease there or if the structure will be able to support NV due to how overloaded it looks with all that AT&T stuff on it now.. If sprint did put NV there it would possibly cause interference with the two nearest towers since they are so close, even then you should be good getting a LTE signal even around and within the pavilion.

At my house I average between 3 and 4 bars. Once every blue moon it will reach 5 for about a minute or so and then drop back down to 4. Around the city I average between 3 and 5 bars

Hey everyone, I don't have the best memory, but for the Daytona beach west volusia area did ALOT of the towers(those who are sponsors) turn to 3g only? I know for sure the one next to my house did. I had been checking for about a month for 4G everyday because it was in progress... ha oh well jokes on me for assuming. Just curious if anyone else notices this or am I blinded by the one next to me?

There was one site in Holly Hill that was originally marked as 4G LTE accepted. It was changed to 3G acceptance. There was an error on my end when reporting it. It's the only one I can think of we changed in the Daytona area.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

LTE is being deployed to every single sprint tower, not just a few like with what clearwire did; From what I understand now is if you are getting a usable 3G signal now(not speeds, signal) you will get a usable LTE signal post NV and your 3G signal will get even better.

The tower at Williamson next to the school and behind someones house has been like that for 7 months. I freaked when I saw FPL contractors there putting in something that resembled FPLfibernet, but it wasn't.. That tower is owned by T-Mobile but sprint leases it, but I haven't seen any permits pulled for it other than the two on dunlawton.

The tower on Williamson across from 7/11 is an AT&T/New Cingular owned tower, I doubt sprint would lease there or if the structure will be able to support NV due to how overloaded it looks with all that AT&T stuff on it now.. If sprint did put NV there it would possibly cause interference with the two nearest towers since they are so close, even then you should be good getting a LTE signal even around and within the pavilion.

Ok. Hopefully once the SoftBank deal is finalized, sprint will go full speed ahead on the rollout. It'd be sad to see T-Mobiles LTE surpass Sprints.

Ok. Hopefully once the SoftBank deal is finalized, sprint will go full speed ahead on the rollout. It'd be sad to see T-Mobiles LTE surpass Sprints.

Where did you hear that? It's sad that other carriers are saying sprint is taking to long for this when they are replacing the entire network not just to add LTE.

There was one site in Holly Hill that was originally marked as 4G LTE accepted. It was changed to 3G acceptance. There was an error on my end when reporting it. It's the only one I can think of we changed in the Daytona area.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Are there any towers in Daytona/Volusia that have been LTE accepted ?

Where did you hear that? It's sad that other carriers are saying sprint is taking to long for this when they are replacing the entire network not just to add LTE.

The SoftBank deal will give sprint some much needed funds to accelerate the rollout.

Are there any towers in Daytona/Volusia that have been LTE accepted ?

No, There are 3G accepted towers; Visually all the NV equip seems to be there at these sites to provide both 3G and 4G LTE but due to either an equipment issue or backhaul, LTE isn't accepted or live yet..

Looks like on sensorly there is a blip of 4g at Universal Studios!!! now all i need is for the westside of Orlando to fill out!!!

I wonder if it's on the Doctor Phillips side? I was at the Kirkman road Starbucks and was only getting 3G.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Ok so I found some pretty extraordinary stuff while I was in Melbourne today. With my iPhone being jailbroken, I got an app called Signal 2, which approximates the location of the cell phone tower you're connected to. It's not 100% accurate but this is as good as it gets.

So I ran a speed test at this exact spot shown below in the first picture, and got the speed test result shown in the 2nd picture. I got just under 30mpbs within thousands of feet of an active LTE tower. So I can probably suggest to expect to see a maximum download speed of 30-35mbps and an average of 4-10mbps indoors when it's launched here in Orlando, but of course, it could be even faster.

Also, check out the third photo. When the line is blue, it means the tower is visible, but not connected. So it turns out my iPhone detected a tower's approximate location in Oviedo all the way from Melbourne, which I thought was pretty incredible. That gives us an idea of the real potential of a tower's signal strength. I thought these were very interesting. Can't wait to see this stuff happen on our side of town.

BGtWVBTCAAEUrcc.jpg

BGtUuWLCEAEMHmy.jpg

BGu5M5ACQAAWimy.jpg

If you can pick up the signal in Melbourne from Oveido, then how come we can't pick up the signal from Oveido to Daytona. According to your map it seems like the same distance

Edited by wps1995

Just be aware those tower location apps tell you about the 1x voice connection not the LTE site. And most phones show your signal bars for the 1x connection and not the LTE signal.

LTE engineering screens are your friend for hunting.

Sent from my little Note2

See that makes sense, but here's the thing. I forgot to mention that Signal 2 hasn't been able to approximate any locations of towers while on 3G, and not even on 1x, so it only finds the towers' locations while it's connected to LTE, which I don't understand. Any idea why that might be the case?

Edited by XXavierXX

Looks like on sensorly there is a blip of 4g at Universal Studios!!! now all i need is for the westside of Orlando to fill out!!!

Must be, because over at Popeyes and Blutos Barges, I was getting a consistent 1-2 bars and now I'm getting a consistent 3-4 bars but not lte yet. I can't wait! If it's in Marvel, it should reach Toon Lagoon soon.

Edited by Zach8503

Today at around 6:30 am over at Camden - hunters creek (town center blvd and john young) it is usually 5 bars and when I was there it went to one bar and then I saw LTE for less than a second and it changed back to 3G with full bars again I guess the people at whatever tower I was connected to turned on LTE for a sec then back off but do they work that early??? Also all day so far it has been changing from 3G to O so I'm guessing there working on the tower because it is always 3G and never O over here.

I was speaking to a Sprint representative yesterday who suggested a possible rollout strategy for Lte in the Orlando market. He believed they, Sprint, were going to finish the outer areas of the metro area first with Lte since those areas never had access to Wimax. Looking at the Sensorly maps I think he might be onto something.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I was speaking to a Sprint representative yesterday who suggested a possible rollout strategy for Lte in the Orlando market. He believed they, Sprint, were going to finish the outer areas of the metro area first with Lte since those areas never had access to Wimax. Looking at the Sensorly maps I think he might be onto something.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

No, that has nothing to do with it. All about site availability for work and backhaul.

Sent from my little Note2

Spring is almost over... we'll see if Sprint actually launches LTE in Orlando before Summer hits.

Outside of the areas that I've seen LTE for a few months now, I've yet to see it light up in any new areas.

For what it's worth:

-AT&T Launched 4G LTE in Orlando January 5th, 2012. Basically the end of 2011 they had their network up here. Over a year ago.

-Verizon had their network up in Orlando in 2011. Almost 2 years ago.

Why didn't either of these carriers have a problem with "birds nests?" Why didn't these other carriers have to rebuild each of their towers from the ground up?

Where I live less than 3 miles from downtown Orlando I can hardly get 0.2Mbps or send a picture text message. We are talking 2G speeds here, yet they are selling us LTE devices with pride.

Edited by gf11speed

It's simple, Sprint has had to rebuild their network from the ground up. They sell LTE devices because there are lots of places other than Orlando that have LTE. This is not a complaint forum. If you have complaints, you need to contact Sprint.

For what it's worth:

-AT&T Launched 4G LTE in Orlando January 5th, 2012. Basically the end of 2011 they had their network up here. Over a year ago.

-Verizon had their network up in Orlando in 2011. Almost 2 years ago.

Why didn't either of these carriers have a problem with "birds nests?" Why didn't these other carriers have to rebuild each of their towers from the ground up?

Where I live less than 3 miles from downtown Orlando I can hardly get 0.2Mbps or send a picture text message. We are talking 2G speeds here, yet they are selling us LTE devices with pride.

Years of underinvestment and flat out neglect. Believe me, the wait sucks, but them going to all this trouble will mean that Sprint LTE will actually work and be stable. I've been in metro Atlanta with an LTE device and have enjoyed being able to stream on the go.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

• Like 1

Years of underinvestment and flat out neglect. Believe me, the wait sucks, but them going to all this trouble will mean that Sprint LTE will actually work and be stable. I've been in metro Atlanta with an LTE device and have enjoyed being able to stream on the go.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Bingo. Look at Chitown and KC as markets showing much improvement after Network Vision.