Is the tower by the mall live? I didn't think it was up yet, but havent been that way in a little

no not let but I pick up LTE at the mall all the time, its usually last about 30 second. And when I get off I4 I get it on the ramp by the mall. I think i could happened soon.

Probably so they can pay a little less subsidy. That is the general direction carriers want to go, and the S4 will likely be popular enough that they can get away with it.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

I'm guessing the next iPhone will be the same. That suck pay more for a phone you cant use to it's full potential.

I took a trip to the Walmart Neighborhood Market and my service was the same as before. Very poor signal with 3G only. Do you think maybe they were just testing it because like you said it's a deadzone for Sprint in that area.

Very possibly. I know when I first started getting it in Winter Park near Lakemont elementary school (I'm there once a week also) it was spotty and would bounce between 3g and lte while I was sitting there. Next time I go the the Walmart Plaza I'll check it again.

You shouldn't have to do anything for lte like rebooting and such....well unless you have it turned off in settings. If 4g is available my note has always grabbed it rather quickly.

Swyped from my Samsung Galaxy Note™ II via Tapatalk 2.

Might be a radio difference between the note 2 and s3. Usually if it's going to pick it up it takes between 5 and 15 min and if not then I get to reboot.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

You're so right. Didn't even think about the S3 to be honest. ..I'm always in the note 2 forums and forget which one I'm in sometimes thinking everyone is on the note 2. Gf has the S3, I'll have to bring hers with me next time and see if there is a difference.

Yea I wish I knew how adjust the lte settings (scan times, signal strength etc.) like I used to do on the S2 wimax. Never bothered to learn since there was no lte.. lol! Guess I'll have to learn now.

You're so right. Didn't even think about the S3 to be honest. ..I'm always in the note 2 forums and forget which one I'm in sometimes thinking everyone is on the note 2. Gf has the S3, I'll have to bring hers with me next time and see if there is a difference.

Yea I wish I knew how adjust the lte settings (scan times, signal strength etc.) like I used to do on the S2 wimax. Never bothered to learn since there was no lte.. lol! Guess I'll have to learn now.

I totally agree, I often forget anyone has a phone other than the one I have. I also used to tweak my WiMax settings to take advantage of the extremely limited coverage I used to have, but I do wish there was a "check for LTE" shortcut or something so that I didn't have to toggle Airplane Mode or occasionally reboot just to get a signal. Oh well, first world problems.

Guys! BEST news I've seen in forever! Orlando was finally announced as a city getting LTE this summer! Check out the 2nd list after the 21 markets that launched earlier this week!

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2563

Wooohoooo! Hopefully Ocoee isn't last to get it :-D

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Guys! BEST news I've seen in forever! Orlando was finally announced as a city getting LTE this summer! Check out the 2nd list after the 21 markets that launched earlier this week!

http://newsroom.spri...article_id=2563

Great, "within the coming months!" Now lets all go grab $250 S4s and spend half our contract on Sprint's unlimited 2G network until the rollout is complete in Orlando.

Some news is better than none. Finally good to see progress though.

Edited by gf11speed

Great, "within the coming months!" Now lets all go grab $250 S4s and spend half our contract on Sprint's unlimited 2G network until the rollout is complete in Orlando.

Some news is better than none. Finally good to see progress though.

I think everyone wishes the LTE rollout was further along than it is, but I'll take any victory I can get. I won't switch to VZW or AT&T for LTE and lose unlimited data, and TMO has some spotty coverage in my area.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2563

Didn't you guys already know this? ;) a quick scan of sensorly is much easier than reading this list.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 1

Didn't you guys already know this? ;) a quick scan of sensorly is much easier than reading this list.

I think it's more that an announced timeline, however loose, gives hope that we will see the light of LTE across most of Orlando soonish.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

I think it's more that an announced timeline, however loose, gives hope that we will see the light of LTE across most of Orlando soonish.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Not really. My city was on a list back in September. 2 sites in January and 1 this month. It is just a press release and does not have any impact on the rollout nor can it predict if it jumps ahead of schedule or delayed.

So maybe a stupid question, but does this imply that LTE signal is present but not discoverable? uploadfromtaptalk1366311976408.jpg

No, you should have a mcc mnc code too.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Not really. My city was on a list back in September. 2 sites in January and 1 this month. It is just a press release and does not have any impact on the rollout nor can it predict if it jumps ahead of schedule or delayed.

Here's hoping, and thanks for the clarification :-)

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Feel that way about Winter Garden :P

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Well at this point I'd love to have Ocoee be where Winter Garden is. At least parts of it have LTE. I don't count the quarter mile of colonial that is getting it from the tower past the Turnpike. :-)

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Anyone know if tower

OR03XC045

is backhaul complete? There are times I get great service, and times it is super terrible. Pings go as low as 94ms to as high as 400ish.

ETA: The timings of when things are good/bad seem to be random, as there are both day and night times where I see wild swings of performance.

Anyone know if tower

OR03XC045

is backhaul complete? There are times I get great service, and times it is super terrible. Pings go as low as 94ms to as high as 400ish.

ETA: The timings of when things are good/bad seem to be random, as there are both day and night times where I see wild swings of performance.

You may want to remove the tower id and put street names instead.

was out and about in the city yesterday, got some pics. First one is the tower on Bennett and E.Colonial, just south of Baldwin Park. Noticed a few differences with the tower config since the last time I was there, though I wasn't able to get a closer look.

11956_10100507752532223_1154228115_n.jpg

Second tower is behind the Winter Park Police Department, and it so far has a whole lot of nothing.

842840_10100421659019313_987259207_o.jpg

Has anyone noticed any LTE progress over the past 2 weeks in the Orlando market? Between all the driving I do with my work and private life I have been unable to find any new LTE towers coming on-line. I'm not sure if progress has hit a snag or Sprint is just waiting to "fire up" several towers all at once. On the other hand, I have been checking numerous tower locations throughout the market and have not seen any progress at those specific sites.

Has anyone noticed any LTE progress over the past 2 weeks in the Orlando market? Between all the driving I do with my work and private life I have been unable to find any new LTE towers coming on-line. I'm not sure if progress has hit a snag or Sprint is just waiting to "fire up" several towers all at once. On the other hand, I have been checking numerous tower locations throughout the market and have not seen any progress at those specific sites.

I gotta say, other than the site far on West Colonial getting LTE, it does seem like progress has slowed significantly. Don't know if it's a backhaul thing or like you said they're trying to flip multiple towers at a time (perhaps to keep any single tower from being overloaded)?