Where abouts in Lake Mary? Over by SCC (which I guess is techincally Sanford) we have LTE. I get it on Country Club as well, and as far as to Rinehart, and even down Rinehart some.

If you ever find yourself on Ronald Reagan, behind the flea market, north to 417 would you mind checking on LTE coverage in the area? Sensorly has no info for that potion of roadway.

Where abouts in Lake Mary? Over by SCC (which I guess is techincally Sanford) we have LTE. I get it on Country Club as well, and as far as to Rinehart, and even down Rinehart some.

West side of Lake Mary where I-4 is, the Lake Emma Rd/ I-4 tower (just before exit 98). I had LTE for 5 seconds then poof, lol. Ive seen it by SCC already but the signal is weak. When i run tests, i get at least 4 down and roughly 1 up (to be specific, I only picked it up at the main entrance off Lake Mary Blvd.) I haven't been by Rinehart as of late, but i see it's already been tracked via Sensorly. But judging by me not gettin LTE again at the Lake Emma/I-4 tower, i think it wont be until mid-april when something happens. Oh well.... so much for hoping. :(

I know your pain... I was a block from the Osceola Ct House.. Saw 4g on phone... then I was 2 blocks from Ct House and then is back to 3g... cruel cruel cruel...

@l3x

I know, I wish these Sprint towers would stop teasing us. But theoretically, they cant. lol

Edited by flazfinest665

Where in Conway is that tower? Conway Gardens or Hoffner?

Its on conway and hoffner.

There is also another tower with panels up on south orange ave. and landcaster rd.

Semeron and Curry ford has panels up.

Colonial and Alafaya on top of the hotel are lte panels.

Dean and curry ford has lte panels.

Chickasaw over 408 has lte panels.

These are from the towers Ive noticed.

No backhaul is my guess on why none of these towers are active.

Its on conway and hoffner.

There is also another tower with panels up on south orange ave. and landcaster rd.

Semeron and Curry ford has panels up.

Colonial and Alafaya on top of the hotel are lte panels.

Dean and curry ford has lte panels.

Chickasaw over 408 has lte panels.

These are from the towers Ive noticed.

No backhaul is my guess on why none of these towers are active.

Yet none are active... I wonder why?

If the Dean/Curry was active I'd get 4G where I live for sure.

had a chance to talk to some of the Sprint techs at the Repair Center on E. Colonial and Herndon today when I brought my Evo in (got a new phone ordered because they found a defect in the earpiece speaker and one of the antennas), they have an LTE repeater there but its not active yet, and even they were tired of it taking so long for the rest of the city to light up- in comparison to the UCF/ Avalon Park area but they understood the reasons why it was taking so long. They were also all sensorly users.

• Like 1

took this picture this morning on I4 by Par ave it was a stealth tower but now looks like it is getting some external panels. Im glad to see steady progress in the area. It seems like almost every day or so there is a new LTE conversion lighting up. so much so that the sites we see built but not active may be a back haul issue, In my opinion looking at the coverage on Sensorly at a national level is starting to look impressive

post-3870-0-87907100-1364441687_thumb.jpg

took this picture this morning on I4 by Par ave it was a stealth tower but now looks like it is getting some external panels. Im glad to see steady progress in the area. It seems like almost every day or so there is a new LTE conversion lighting up. so much so that the sites we see built but not active may be a back haul issue, In my opinion looking at the coverage on Sensorly at a national level is starting to look impressive

Reports indicate that will be a Sprint tower. I hope one of us can confirm soon!

Was at a friends house in Windemere yesterday and was complaining about slow 3G speeds when I looked at my phone and saw I had LTE. So if someone wants to map out the area around Reams Rd/535 and that Publix area, I also got it as far as the Walgreens up the road. Mind that it was only 1-2 bars and I did switch to 3G a couple of times but did get a nice 5.77 mbs down but up was 0.13. I will post a picture later. Just thought if give a heads up on here.

Was at a friends house in Windemere yesterday and was complaining about slow 3G speeds when I looked at my phone and saw I had LTE. So if someone wants to map out the area around Reams Rd/535 and that Publix area, I also got it as far as the Walgreens up the road. Mind that it was only 1-2 bars and I did switch to 3G a couple of times but did get a nice 5.77 mbs down but up was 0.13. I will post a picture later. Just thought if give a heads up on here.

I was in that area today and found a tower just off Reams Rd,just east of the cast entrance roadway. It is difficult to view but I believe that is probably your Lte source. Makes sense to me since WDW has been mapped with Lte coverage.

I'm really interested in knowing if the tower off Overstreet Rd is scheduled for Nv.

well, just got my replacement evo today (refurb, grrrr... :P). After going through it and restoring everything, no defects detected, though I'm having an issue with staying connected to 3G under LTE/CDMA, and it appears to be isolated specifically to eHRPD. The 3G icon will appear for a split second, then disconnect, then do this again a few more times before defaulting to EVDO. I'm assuming this may be a network/tower issue as I've never had a problem like this under LTE/CDMA

Slightly off topic...Airave arrived yesterday and after some issues of getting a GPS lock and unexplained iPhone 5 issues pulling the expected data speeds, it has definitely improved the 3G experience throughout my home in Conway. Not an LTE fix, but it is a nice bandaid until NV upgrades are available in the Conway area.

Slightly off topic...Airave arrived yesterday and after some issues of getting a GPS lock and unexplained iPhone 5 issues pulling the expected data speeds, it has definitely improved the 3G experience throughout my home in Conway. Not an LTE fix, but it is a nice bandaid until NV upgrades are available in the Conway area.

Personally I only would get one if I was having call drop issues since if I'm going to boost 3g with my own Internet I might as well just use wifi. Just my 2cents. Glad you like the airave

Sent from my Galaxy S3

I was having dropped calls and delayed voicemails. Now I have 5 bars instead 1, and friends with Sprint can now use their phones in my house without me having to enter my secure wifi info into their phones. Sprint provided it for free because of the issues I started having.

• Like 1

I was having dropped calls and delayed voicemails. Now I have 5 bars instead 1, and friends with Sprint can now use their phones in my house without me having to enter my secure wifi info into their phones. Sprint provided it for free because of the issues I started having.

Yeah, my mom lives in Jacksonville and needed to improve call quality which is why she got it.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Ok so I found some pretty extraordinary stuff while I was in Melbourne today. With my iPhone being jailbroken, I got an app called Signal 2, which approximates the location of the cell phone tower you're connected to. It's not 100% accurate but this is as good as it gets.

So I ran a speed test at this exact spot shown below in the first picture, and got the speed test result shown in the 2nd picture. I got just under 30mpbs within thousands of feet of an active LTE tower. So I can probably suggest to expect to see a maximum download speed of 30-35mbps and an average of 4-10mbps indoors when it's launched here in Orlando, but of course, it could be even faster.

Also, check out the third photo. When the line is blue, it means the tower is visible, but not connected. So it turns out my iPhone detected a tower's approximate location in Oviedo all the way from Melbourne, which I thought was pretty incredible. That gives us an idea of the real potential of a tower's signal strength. I thought these were very interesting. Can't wait to see this stuff happen on our side of town.

BGtWVBTCAAEUrcc.jpg

BGtUuWLCEAEMHmy.jpg

BGu5M5ACQAAWimy.jpg

• Like 3

Hey everyone, I don't have the best memory, but for the Daytona beach west volusia area did ALOT of the towers(those who are sponsors) turn to 3g only? I know for sure the one next to my house did. I had been checking for about a month for 4G everyday because it was in progress... ha oh well jokes on me for assuming. Just curious if anyone else notices this or am I blinded by the one next to me?

• Like 1

Ok so I found some pretty extraordinary stuff while I was in Melbourne today. With my iPhone being jailbroken, I got an app called Signal 2, which approximates the location of the cell phone tower you're connected to. It's not 100% accurate but this is as good as it gets.

So I ran a speed test at this exact spot shown below in the first picture, and got the speed test result shown in the 2nd picture. I got just under 30mpbs within thousands of feet of an active LTE tower. So I can probably suggest to expect to see a maximum download speed of 30-35mbps and an average of 4-10mbps indoors when it's launched here in Orlando, but of course, it could be even faster.

Also, check out the third photo. When the line is blue, it means the tower is visible, but not connected. So it turns out my iPhone detected a tower's approximate location in Oviedo all the way from Melbourne, which I thought was pretty incredible. That gives us an idea of the real potential of a tower's signal strength. I thought these were very interesting. Can't wait to see this stuff happen on our side of town.

BGtWVBTCAAEUrcc.jpg

BGtUuWLCEAEMHmy.jpg

BGu5M5ACQAAWimy.jpg

I definitely have never seen LTE go so fast on Sprint, probably the best I have seen is about 20mbps down while I was in ATL for a week, and that was very late at night. Either way, hoping that if Orlando is 25% complete and most of those sites are on the outskirts, that they'll eventually start focusing on the central areas of the market a little more (like Ocoee, cough, cough) :)

Just be aware those tower location apps tell you about the 1x voice connection not the LTE site. And most phones show your signal bars for the 1x connection and not the LTE signal.

LTE engineering screens are your friend for hunting.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 1

Hey everyone, I don't have the best memory, but for the Daytona beach west volusia area did ALOT of the towers(those who are sponsors) turn to 3g only? I know for sure the one next to my house did. I had been checking for about a month for 4G everyday because it was in progress... ha oh well jokes on me for assuming. Just curious if anyone else notices this or am I blinded by the one next to me?

I'm limited since this isn't the sponsor section, but I know that the limiting factor here in ormond/daytona/portorange is backhaul. 3G NV equip includes LTE and all thats needed is carrier cards or backhaul for it to be live..

I really have a hunch the conflict of interest with using AT&T is the cause of this..

I'm limited since this isn't the sponsor section, but I know that the limiting factor here in ormond/daytona/portorange is backhaul. 3G NV equip includes LTE and all thats needed is carrier cards or backhaul for it to be live..

I really have a hunch the conflict of interest with using AT&T is the cause of this..

Just some clarification. According to Sprints WiMAX coverage map, the WiMAX coverage in port orange is very spotty and poor. Will LTE be better with coverage? There is a tower off of Williamson blvd on what looks to be private property near the spruce creek, according to research it is a tmobile tower. But also sprint because according to sprint "see what's happening in your neighborhood" NV upgrade map, that tower has had a voice upgrade. There are two levels on the tower. The first one most likely tmobile and the second one most likely sprint. But yesterday I noticed that the protruding structures that the antennas would be mounted on are installed but there are no actual antennas mounted on them. And I only see one section of wire going down the tower. Could this be future LTE tower for sprint? Also there is an AT&T tower at the corner of Williamson and Taylor across from the 7 eleven. Its only has AT&T on it right now but is sprint planning to install LTE on that tower in the future, or would they even need to ?

Edited by wps1995