Having a Verizon LTE JetPack through work, it is nothing to brag about in the Conway area or in the Winter Park area. At home in Conway, the download speed is less than 1 Mbs, and in Winter Park, it is between 3 Mbs and .3 Mbs...depending upon where you are at. It's a black hole near the high school.

Part of the issue is that people likely remember when the network was so new and always pulling down 25mbps or higher.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

On my way to work this morning, I saw that my LTE was ranging from 4-12mbps download along Alafaya by UCF, when I was getting 0.3-1.5mbps last week in the same places. The signal is getting stronger over here.

• Like 1

Guys I really tried hard to stick with Sprint. I just couldn't handle having horrible 3g and no 4G. I left my Samsung Galaxy S3 and Sprint on Saturday.

This is a speed test on T-Mobile. That's not even LTE. It's HSPA+ and it's not too bad. Uploads might not be insanely high but still sufficient.

Test Date: 4/7/2013 3:39:04 PM

Connection Type: HSPA+

Server: Orlando, FL

Download: 20.58 Mbps

Upload: 1.66 Mbps

Ping: 63 ms

1046831.png

My last test with Sprint before deciding on T-Mobile.

Test Date: Apr 5, 2013 3:35:33 pm

Connection Type: EvdoA

Server: Cocoa, FL

Download: 143 kbps

Upload: 34 kbps

Ping: 146 ms

416612726.png

Good luck Sprint.

Edited by St3althW4rrior

Guys I really tried hard to stick with Sprint. I just couldn't handle having horrible 3g and no 4G. I left my Samsung Galaxy S3 and Sprint on Saturday.

This is a speed test on T-Mobile. That's not even LTE. It's HSPA+ and it's not too bad. Uploads might not be insanely high but still sufficient.

1046831.png

416612726.png

Good luck Sprint.

Sorry to have lost ya. Best of luck with Tmo!

Sent from my Galaxy S3

1046831.png

416612726.png

Good luck Sprint.

I am trying to stick it out, let us know how T-Mobile's coverage is!

Your not alone when it comes to leaving Sprint. I know of several large local government groups who have also switched, and are in the process of exchanging Sprint air cards and cellphones for another competitor. I hope Sprint see the seriousness of these lost accounts and will rush to improve service. On the other hand, perhaps my quality of service with Sprint will improve with these large user accounts now leaving and taxing the other provider(s) (vzw).

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Had the LTE pop up again. Took some screen shots to show everyone what it's doing. I'm about 6 stories up in downtown Orlando. Even when my WiFi is connected, it connects to the LTE. Once I turn WiFi off, it tries to connect but I cannot get any data to actually come thru.

post-5335-0-66746200-1365444064_thumb.jpg

post-5335-0-67332300-1365444078_thumb.jpg

post-5335-0-54022000-1365444095_thumb.png

Couldn't see the tower because of the tree line, but they must be working on the tower just east of Conway, off of Hoffner today. I was approximately 200 yards away and I was getting weird readings between 2:30 - 3pm. I could only manage 2-3 bars, sometimes NONE. I would also have it flip between 3G and the o sign. It was as though this tower was down and I was pulling a poor signal from the next closest tower. But then, the area around this tower had went from 1.0 Mbs speed to .20 Mbs the past month or two.

Picked up LTE just outside Baldwin Park, got it all the way into Winter Park before it cut back to 3G. Speedtest was in the range of 5mbps down, 1mbps upload. I mapped it, map should be updating momentarily

2013-04-08_17-13-49.png2013-04-08_17-25-00.png

Caught it as I was driving down General Reese, and held the connection all the way down N. Lakemont Ave till I got to my street which is not too far off. I couldn't narrow the tower down, but I've got a pretty good idea where it was coming from.

2013-04-08_17-13-49.png2013-04-08_17-25-00.png

Caught it as I was driving down General Reese, and held the connection all the way down N. Lakemont Ave till I got to my street which is not too far off. I couldn't narrow the tower down, but I've got a pretty good idea where it was coming from.

Yep, looks to be a new active tower. About time it gets closer to the main area.

• Like 1

Okay, looks like somebody picked up some more in the area, and I think I can narrow down the tower location to the one at the winter park towers (old folks home) on lakemont since that's where the signal appears to be strongest, at least according to the map. There is only one other tower in that immediate area according to sprints network upgrade map, just south of Baldwin park on the corner of Bennett and e. colonial.

Your not alone when it comes to leaving Sprint. I know of several large local government groups who have also switched, and are in the process of exchanging Sprint air cards and cellphones for another competitor. I hope Sprint see the seriousness of these lost accounts and will rush to improve service. On the other hand, perhaps my quality of service with Sprint will improve with these large user accounts now leaving and taxing the other provider(s) (vzw).

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

It would be nice if competing companies that have sprint stuck in a corner due to an oligopoly would help out.. I.E. AT&T and Verizon as a back haul provider..

Edit: And for all of whom are complaining here saying they are getting a LTE signal but slow speeds or no data.. You realize sprint originally wanted to block network sites until backhaul and site presence was strong enough to prevent issues and complaints like this..

• Like 1

Finally, I see a dot of LTE less than a mile from my house and I'm guessing I'm going to be getting LTE in my house soon because its 9:00 pm and I am getting 2.20 mb down and .50 up which is the best I have ever gotten. By the way I have 5 bars in my house but I don't know I think in the next couple of weeks I will be having LTE in my house.

Okay, looks like somebody picked up some more in the area, and I think I can narrow down the tower location to the one at the winter park towers (old folks home) on lakemont since that's where the signal appears to be strongest, at least according to the map. There is only one other tower in that immediate area according to sprints network upgrade map, just south of Baldwin park on the corner of Bennett and e. colonial.

Drove from Glenridge & Lakemont, to General Rees & Glenridge, to WP Rd & Glenridge and I got some impressive results at 3 am, which I'm sure has minimal load on the tower.

At Lakemont: 22.21 down and 7.8 up

At General Rees: 12.24 down and 3.78 up

At WP Rd: 4.26 down and 0.29 up

I didn't switch back to 3G until Glenco Rd & W Lake Sue. This is the first I've seen in WP and the area of Glenridge & WP Rd has typically been a black hole where I've been lucky to get 0.10 at best. Now I'm excited...first time seeing LTE on my iPhone.

• Like 1

Just got one bar of LTE on Crystal Lake, just south of the East-West expressay...only 0.4 download. It was gone about a half mile later heading south. Since I was traveling north to south on Crystal Lake, the tower must have been east or west of the area.

• Like 1

Drove from Glenridge & Lakemont, to General Rees & Glenridge, to WP Rd & Glenridge and I got some impressive results at 3 am, which I'm sure has minimal load on the tower.

At Lakemont: 22.21 down and 7.8 up

At General Rees: 12.24 down and 3.78 up

At WP Rd: 4.26 down and 0.29 up

I didn't switch back to 3G until Glenco Rd & W Lake Sue. This is the first I've seen in WP and the area of Glenridge & WP Rd has typically been a black hole where I've been lucky to get 0.10 at best. Now I'm excited...first time seeing LTE on my iPhone.

I was able to maintain a pretty decent signal inside my place until just a little while ago, it appears they have shut it off.

I couldn't get any LTE from the Glenridge & Lakemont area this morning, though I got a short-lived one bar near the WP golf course on Park Ave. No matter what direction I drove, I couldn't get it back. There is a sprint tower behind the WP police department according to Sprint's tower upgrade map.

• Like 1

I couldn't get any LTE from the Glenridge & Lakemont area this morning, though I got a short-lived one bar near the WP golf course on Park Ave. No matter what direction I drove, I couldn't get it back. There is a sprint tower behind the WP police department according to Sprint's tower upgrade map.

I think its down for testing or at least until our market is further along in completion, but I've been to the tower down by WPPD, it has yet to be completed but it is quite large

Edited by UCFKnight

I am trying to stick it out, let us know how T-Mobile's coverage is!

It's awesome so far. T-Mobile still doesn't have LTE in the area. They are definitely onto something beefing up their 3G with 4G like speeds. It's going to be crazy once they do provide LTE on top of HSPA+.

I did another test today. It went up to 23 before falling back down a notch in the download and the upload went up to 4. Just letting people become aware of service around Orlando. This is my last post here. Good luck with your Sprint phones guys.

1086539.png

Edited by St3althW4rrior

There was no LTE west of Park Ave in WP last night, other than that blip between th PD and the golf course. The night LTE was active from WP Towers, I got a low signal on the lake side of Rollins. I wasn't Abe to check the Howell Branch or Aloma areas.

• Like 1

There was no LTE west of Park Ave in WP last night, other than that blip between th PD and the golf course. The night LTE was active from WP Towers, I got a low signal on the lake side of Rollins. I wasn't Abe to check the Howell Branch or Aloma areas.

Just came from the area, got a whole lot of nothing except 3g and some open WiFi