It's simple, Sprint has had to rebuild their network from the ground up. They sell LTE devices because there are lots of places other than Orlando that have LTE. This is not a complaint forum. If you have complaints, you need to contact Sprint.

... as he enjoys his Verizon device. Not trying to complain, I'm just giving you an honest evaluation of the current state of Sprint's network in our hometown. I understand the situation and it is what it is. If I want a good network now, then I need to switch to Big Red like you have.

Edited by gf11speed

... as he enjoys his Verizon device. Not trying to complain anymore. I'm over it. Maybe I'll join you on Big Red.

There are days that I've gotten frustrated with Sprint 3G,but Verizon always talks me out of it with their insane data pricing structure. Maybe that's not a concern for you, but I've compared what I would be paying for with the same usage on Verizon and AT&T and there is simply no comparison. I also don't need unlimited minutes so that incentive of the shared data plan is meaningless to me.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Spring is almost over... we'll see if Sprint actually launches LTE in Orlando before Summer hits.

Outside of the areas that I've seen LTE for a few months now, I've yet to see it light up in any new areas.

Spring is not almost over. It just started a few weeks ago. Spring is over at the end of June. Over 2 months from now.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

There are days that I've gotten frustrated with Sprint 3G,but Verizon always talks me out of it with their insane data pricing structure. Maybe that's not a concern for you, but I've compared what I would be paying for with the same usage on Verizon and AT&T and there is simply no comparison. I also don't need unlimited minutes so that incentive of the shared data plan is meaningless to me.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

I agree, unlimited data is their crux and the single reason why I am still with Sprint. I don't like the data pricing of Verizon & AT&T either. I've been a longtime Sprint customer. But even as a loyal customer, at some point you start to question things when you are given no information and kept in the dark about your city. Sure they are currently "rolling it out" according to Sensorly, but really what do we know for sure? It still might be late summer or end of 2013 into 2014 before Orlando is deployed for all we know. A full 3 years after other carriers. I've been pulling for Sprint since they're the underdog and offer unlimited data, but at some point if Sprint continues to keep us all in the dark, how can people keep paying a premium for 2G data speeds? That's just not right.

Edited by gf11speed

I agree, unlimited data is their crux and the single reason why I am still with Sprint. I don't like the data pricing of Verizon & AT&T either. I've been a longtime Sprint customer. But even as a loyal customer, at some point you start to question things when you are given no information and kept in the dark about your city. Sure they are currently "rolling it out" according to Sensorly, but really what do we know for sure? It still might be late summer or end of 2013 into 2014 before Orlando is deployed for all we know. A full 3 years after other carriers. I've been pulling for Sprint since they're the underdog and offer unlimited data, but at some point if Sprint continues to keep us all in the dark, how can people keep paying a premium for 2G data speeds? That's just not right.

For me I don't even care about full market, I just care about Ocoee/Winter Garden (selfish, I know).

Sent from my Galaxy S3

For me I don't even care about full market, I just care about Ocoee/Winter Garden (selfish, I know).

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Exactly, I only care about my area by Michigan and Conway. Coverage is so abysmal there. My house is like in a black hole of coverage. If I walk across the street I get decent service, but without my Airave I can't even make calls from my house.

The unlimited data and my SERO Plan ($50/mo) are the only things keeping me around. Though I keep telling myself that if their service isn't improved by the time the next iPhone comes out I will be jumping ship to Verizon. Honestly I don't even care that much about LTE, I just want to be able to get 3G speeds .5mbps-1mbps consistently.

If you qualify, they will send you the Airave for free and the only monthly cost is a maximum of $3.00 in taxes since it is considered and additional line. They waived the cost ($150), the monthly service fee ($5), and it includes free UPS shipping. When I called last Friday, I was advised that they have about a 5-7 day backorder on them. Hopefully this will solve my issues while making and receiving calls / voicemails at my house. If / when they get LTE working in my area, if I no longer need the Airave they will send a package to me to return the Airave for free as well.

I finally got my Airave through Sprint. It was a huge pain in the ass because I am on a SERO Plan. I actually had to pay the $130 up front and they credited it back to my account.

However when I looked at my account online it showed me as under a contract with them until 2015 - like I signed a two year contract (See attached pic). This is something they never mentioned to me so I called back and they said that I would be fine as long as I sent the Airave back.

Does your Airave show yourself under contract in your account? This concerns me.

post-9370-0-49505400-1365097694_thumb.png

Exactly, I only care about my area by Michigan and Conway. Coverage is so abysmal there. My house is like in a black hole of coverage. If I walk across the street I get decent service, but without my Airave I can't even make calls from my house.

The unlimited data and my SERO Plan ($50/mo) are the only things keeping me around. Though I keep telling myself that if their service isn't improved by the time the next iPhone comes out I will be jumping ship to Verizon. Honestly I don't even care that much about LTE, I just want to be able to get 3G speeds .5mbps-1mbps consistently.

Worst case scenario for me, if I had to flat out leave, I'd go to Tmo for the 70/month unlimited data without caps. Their 3G is at least moderately speedy.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Take it for what it is worth, but I was told today that Sprint has completed 8% of the 274 towers in the Orlando market for Lte.

Seems a little conservative to me, but I can't argue with the source.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Mapped a little more on 50 near daniels rd In winter garden got a little bit down n S. park ave until it switched back to 3g. Its sooo close to home but not quite there yet.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I'm right there with you. If they would complete a tower just 4 miles east and a mile or two North, my house would have LTE goodness :-$

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Take it for what it is worth, but I was told today that Sprint has completed 8% of the 274 towers in the Orlando market for Lte.

If they're counting towers inside of the major beltway highways that might be accurate. Remember that earlier last year Robert did some great writeups of the different markets, and the Orlando market was then seen as Orlando itself plus a lot of outskirts and smaller communities. Now as they move closer to Metro Orlando, we should see the 8 percent creep up.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Looks like on sensorly there is a blip of 4g at Universal Studios!!! now all i need is for the westside of Orlando to fill out!!!

I wonder if it's on the Doctor Phillips side? I was at the Kirkman road Starbucks and was only getting 3G.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Looks like its on the IoA side Near Doctor Dooms Fearfall and Hulk

Must be, because over at Popeyes and Blutos Barges, I was getting a consistent 1-2 bars and now I'm getting a consistent 3-4 bars but not lte yet. I can't wait! If it's in Marvel, it should reach Toon Lagoon soon.

I work not even a mile from UO... every hour I have gone out of the building to see if any changes... with no luck.

Also, don't forget that the blip is where the person was when the reading was taken. Further; with it showing it was 1 Bar of signal this may indicate the tower is much further and not IN Universal/IOA.

I too get 3-4 bars on CDMA/eHRPD in the area.

@l3x

According to the running list is a bit more than 8%. Again, as mentioned, the Orlando Market is WIDE and not just the city.

See here for a running list http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/

@l3x

Not sure if my phone was correct or not, so take this for what it's worth. Just woke up from my daily nap and my WiFi was connected at home and my cell signal was like 0-1 bar. Turned off the WiFi to see what was up and my phone sits there for a second and then showed 4g. It stayed on 4g the whole time but showing no bars. I tried sensorly but nothing would map. Couldn't get to a speed test to even try before it toggled back to 3g..... Now for me this hopefully is wonderful news as I an located right in the center of downtown Orlando..... Maybe they are testing the LTE? I'm hoping this could finally mean more towers especially in central Orlando are coming online soon

I hope so too, but I just drove thoughout the Disney area and was only able to find 4g in a very limited area. My experience did not reflect the Sensorly map at all. Kinda disappointing!

I've found connectivity to be sort of hit and miss. I can usually get and maintain it from the 429 parallel to MK to wester way, down western way to world drive, and then I usually lose it in the EC parking lot. If I go towards MK, I can usually get just about into Main Street before it starts dying one me.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Was browsing around the Sprint Forums and I just saw this from a Sprint Customer Care representative - apparently the Orlando area is 13% done...

"Thanks for the reply. I understand your frustration, currently Orlando has yet to launch. I can tell you that the Orlando area is at 13% of over 600 towers. We still have a ways to go before we launch your area. I'm sure there are areas that have LTE upgrades added but we could pull the service due to fine tunning needs. When we launch and area its because its 100% ready to go. You can use the network site to see the progress of where its at. It should show you if a particular area got and upgrade and if there is LTE service near by. Also other posters on this thread gave some good words of advice about certain apps that track this progress.

Victor

Sprint Social Care"

Here is the thread: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/104815?start=60&tstart=0

Was browsing around the Sprint Forums and I just saw this from a Sprint Customer Care representative - apparently the Orlando area is 13% done...

"Thanks for the reply. I understand your frustration, currently Orlando has yet to launch. I can tell you that the Orlando area is at 13% of over 600 towers. We still have a ways to go before we launch your area. I'm sure there are areas that have LTE upgrades added but we could pull the service due to fine tunning needs. When we launch and area its because its 100% ready to go. You can use the network site to see the progress of where its at. It should show you if a particular area got and upgrade and if there is LTE service near by. Also other posters on this thread gave some good words of advice about certain apps that track this progress.

Victor

Sprint Social Care"

Here is the thread: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/104815?start=60&tstart=0

Whether it's 8 or 13%, we still have a ways to go before Metro Orlando is even mostly covered.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

37.76 mb/s down and 11.71 mb/s up.This was taken on east colonial and i95 tower. Pretty darn impressive. Noticing also there are many many towers with sprint lte panels that are not active. Whatever is slowing down orlando market its not the panels.

post-9212-0-12056900-1365292922_thumb.pngpost-9212-0-24923300-1365292934_thumb.png

... as he enjoys his Verizon device. Not trying to complain, I'm just giving you an honest evaluation of the current state of Sprint's network in our hometown. I understand the situation and it is what it is. If I want a good network now, then I need to switch to Big Red like you have.

Verizon is hardly a good network where I live. I will be evaluating options when my contract expires in July.

Having a Verizon LTE JetPack through work, it is nothing to brag about in the Conway area or in the Winter Park area. At home in Conway, the download speed is less than 1 Mbs, and in Winter Park, it is between 3 Mbs and .3 Mbs...depending upon where you are at. It's a black hole near the high school.