I'm considering switching to at&t. I have only been with sprint for about 6 weeks but the speeds are just not doing it for me since I came from t-mobile 4g HSPA, like I can't even check my voicemail. I'm afraid that this rollout in Daytona is going to take till the end of the year, maybe past that. Should I stay though, and are there any towers in Port Orange that are just waiting for backhaul ?

They are actually waiting on the electrical contractor that has until june before the permits expire..

Have any of you guys noticed any imrpovements near the UCF area? A few months ago I noticed that the 3G speeds there were pretty fast and reliable, the best service I have ever seen from Sprint

Ok well then I guess i'll stay, but that does include Port Orange for June right ?

Status Detail Parcel ID: 6308-00-07-0025 Address: 4801 CITY CENTER PKWY Application Date: 09/14/12 Owner: CROWN CASTLE Application #: 12 - 3043 Application Type: TOWER (COMMUNICATIONS) Valuation: $30,000 Square Footage: 0 Tenant Name: SPRINT Application Status: APPROVED Tenant Unit Number: General Contractor: WESTOWER COMMUNICATIONS Zoning Description: NOT AVAILABLE

Parcel ID: 6304-05-00-0020 Address: 605 OLD DUNLAWTON AVE Application Date: 09/11/12 Owner: SPRINT WIRELESS Application #: 12 - 2989 Application Type: TOWER (COMMUNICATIONS) General Contractor: WESTOWER COMMUNICATIONS Permit Number: 000 000 EL07 00 - ELEC (COMM)(MISC)(05/02/11) Status for Permit Number: PERMIT PRINTED

Permit Status Detail Dates and Structure Permit Date: 11/21/12 Issue Date: 12/07/12 Expiration Date: 06/05/13 Reissue Date: Permit Value: $10,000 Permit Square Footage: 0 Additional Permit Description:

ELECTRICAL FOR ANTENNA MODIF.

After electrical work on the old dunlawton tower is complete, i'm sure the contractors will install the n.v. equip quickly. I'm not sure if backhaul is complete at that site, that information isn't really public.. Even then, scheduled times will be very out of sprints hands as I said before..

FYI-got an Lte signal and mapped along the lakefront in Sanford from French Ave to near the zoo.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I think it must be a tower near the mall because my service has been sucking really bad in that area. And I don't think it's from the Sanford tower cause it seem like the antennas and point towards lake cause I live 2 miles east of it and can't get any LTE. But if u go two west towards Lake Mary Blvd u still get LTE

Picked up LTE at Shadow Bay Park (5100 Turkey Lake Rd) by the tennis courts this evening for the first time.post-5711-13660665250721_thumb.jpg

Swyped from my Samsung Galaxy Note™ II via Tapatalk 2.

This is great as I literally live in the Montevista Apartments which is just a couple of minutes away from that park which I go to very often to play basketball. I will more than likely go tomorrow and check it out. Your speeds aren't great at all. I wonder if you are connecting to a tower that's further away.

This is great as I literally live in the Montevista Apartments which is just a couple of minutes away from that park which I go to very often to play basketball. I will more than likely go tomorrow and check it out. Your speeds aren't great at all. I wonder if you are connecting to a tower that's further away.

Quite possibly so because I'm also picking it up for the first time at the old Albertsons Plaza which is now the new Walmart at the corner of Apopka Vineland and Conroy Windermere. I started picking it up at Windermere elementary school a couple weeks ago and the signal (data speeds) is a lot stronger there.

Quite possibly so because I'm also picking it up for the first time at the old Albertsons Plaza which is now the new Walmart at the corner of Apopka Vineland and Conroy Windermere. I started picking it up at Windermere elementary school a couple weeks ago and the signal (data speeds) is a lot stronger there.

You are picking it up at the Walmart Neighborhood Market? Ever since that place opened, I have been a frequent visitor and I am lucky if I barely have a bar much less any 3G service. I last went there on Friday night. I plan to go again this evening so I will check it out.

You are picking it up at the Walmart Neighborhood Market? Ever since that place opened, I have been a frequent visitor and I am lucky if I barely have a bar much less any 3G service. I last went there on Friday night. I plan to go again this evening so I will check it out.

Yea same for me that place is or has been a virtual dead zone until last week when 3g actually registered. This week I was surprised to see LTE. I have a mail box at the UPS store so I'm in that plaza at least once a week.

Yea same for me that place is or has been a virtual dead zone until last week when 3g actually registered. This week I was surprised to see LTE. I have a mail box at the UPS store so I'm in that plaza at least once a week.

I shall find out tonight. Thanks a lot!

• Like 1

FYI-got an Lte signal and mapped along the lakefront in Sanford from French Ave to near the zoo.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I am going to guess you picked up signal from the tower on Sanford Ave, which SEEMS to be getting stronger (I blieve it got another upgrade) because I am in Lake Mary (by SCC) and I get decent LTE outside my house (about 8 down/2 up)

I think it must be a tower near the mall because my service has been sucking really bad in that area. And I don't think it's from the Sanford tower cause it seem like the antennas and point towards lake cause I live 2 miles east of it and can't get any LTE. But if u go two west towards Lake Mary Blvd u still get LTE

Is the tower by the mall live? I didn't think it was up yet, but havent been that way in a little

I'm considering switching to at&t. I have only been with sprint for about 6 weeks but the speeds are just not doing it for me since I came from t-mobile 4g HSPA, like I can't even check my voicemail. I'm afraid that this rollout in Daytona is going to take till the end of the year, maybe past that. Should I stay though, and are there any towers in Port Orange that are just waiting for backhaul ?

I would wait. It is going to come soon, and unlimited data when its up on a beautiful LTE network is going to be worth the wait, especially if you use your device a lot. My girlfriend has AT&T and while I am envious that her LTE speeds are better than mine at the moment, she cant watch Netflix or things like that nearly as much as I can with unlimited. Half the time I need to tether so she can use it.

I shall find out tonight. Thanks a lot!

I took a trip to the Walmart Neighborhood Market and my service was the same as before. Very poor signal with 3G only. Do you think maybe they were just testing it because like you said it's a deadzone for Sprint in that area.

I took a trip to the Walmart Neighborhood Market and my service was the same as before. Very poor signal with 3G only. Do you think maybe they were just testing it because like you said it's a deadzone for Sprint in that area.

Don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I've noticed that occasionally I need to reboot to acquire an LTE signal. Perhaps that was the issue?

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I've noticed that occasionally I need to reboot to acquire an LTE signal. Perhaps that was the issue?

Sent from my Galaxy S3

I haven't had to do as it has just picked it up on it's own. I will try that though for next time.

I haven't had to do as it has just picked it up on it's own. I will try that though for next time.

It's definitely not super common but just notice that occasionally airplane mode doesn't do the trick for whatever reason.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Does anyone know why Sprint is charging $249.99 for the S4 ?

Probably so they can pay a little less subsidy. That is the general direction carriers want to go, and the S4 will likely be popular enough that they can get away with it.

Sent from my Galaxy S3