Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

Well, I have a picture in the northern Jersey thread (I don't have it right now). I don't know what specifics you want to know, but it's happened with another phone also. http://tapatalk.com/tapatalk_image.php?img=aHR0cDovL2ltZy50YXBhdGFsay5jb20vZC8xMy8xMi8wMy9vcmlnaW5hbC9nZXphN2VwZS5qcGc%3D

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

This looks as if LTE might be disabled by software, and by the screenshot im assuming this is a single band phone (as you have both LTE and 1XRTT in view. You might want to look into the phone settings to make sure you have CDMA/LTE enabled.

This looks as if LTE might be disabled by software, and by the screenshot im assuming this is a single band phone (as you have both LTE and 1XRTT in view. You might want to look into the phone settings to make sure you have CDMA/LTE enabled.

Well I have a note 2,and when I put it into CDMA, it receives 3g and no sign of lte. If I put it into lte/CDMA, then it either receives eHARPD or LTE, but no actual data.

Well I have a note 2,and when I put it into CDMA, it receives 3g and no sign of lte. If I put it into lte/CDMA, then it either receives eHARPD or LTE, but no actual data.

Call sprint and have them guide you through the re activation process, it could be related to the LTE sim not being activated properly (its an internal sim non removable on older phones)

• 2 weeks later...

Still broken on 4.3 and I don't think Sprint nor Samsung intend on fixing it. The Note 2 has been out for so long now, they could've been had a fix if they intended on fixing. 2000 prl was their lazy way of sweeping it under the rug..

• Like 1

Call sprint and have them guide you through the re activation process, it could be related to the LTE sim not being activated properly (its an internal sim non removable on older phones)

Does it matter if I am signed up with another carrier that uses sprint? I use ubitelecom / helio.

• 2 weeks later...

Out of pure frustration at my LTE speeds and the 200X PRL series, I have finally sent an email to Dan@sprint.com, I highly doubt I will get a real answer, but if anything comes of it I will let ya'll know.

• Like 1

Out of pure frustration at my LTE speeds and the 200X PRL series, I have finally sent an email to Dan@sprint.com, I highly doubt I will get a real answer, but if anything comes of it I will let ya'll know.

Yeah, any news would be great.  However, I think I have come to the conclusion now that we are almost 4 months with the GN3 and they still have not solved the GN2 800 problem.  I think that it's a hardware problem and they are trying to sweep it under the rug.  I think the GN2 is now going into the dustbin of history.

Robert

Yeah, any news would be great.  However, I think I have come to the conclusion now that we are almost 4 months with the GN3 and they still have not solved the GN2 800 problem.  I think that it's a hardware problem and they are trying to sweep it under the rug.  I think the GN2 is now going into the dustbin of history.

Robert

I agree Robert, I'm hoping to get something like that on record and then push for a different type of resolution.  The Sprint and Samsung pages for the Note 2 still indicate BC10 support.

Robert

I agree there.  I believe they had a QC issue with some batches and decided to just axe them all from BC10 support as it was really the only way.

I agree there.  I believe they had a QC issue with some batches and decided to just axe them all from BC10 support as it was really the only way.

Yeah, if it was a NV OEM problem (which I first suspected), they could have PRL's written that excluded the regions with affeced equipment.  However, I think it was a Samsung problem.  I always had BC10 problems with my Note 2, whereas you didn't.  And I had problems on Ericsson in Texas and New Mexico, Samsung in Colorado and ALU in Phoenix.  My device had problems on all three OEMs.

I think your theory is the most likely.  A significant enough of GN2's are having BC10 problems, that it is better just to exclude them from the PRL's than to fess up to the problem and get new devices to those affected.

Robert

Finally talked with Exec support (due to my scheduling issues) and I didn't learn anything new, big shocker.  The PRL was changed as a preventative measure due to reported issues (dropped calls, unable to make/receive calls) on eSMR spectrum.  It is still an open item and is being worked on, however, there is no ETA on a fix.  I did press and was told that it is expected to be fixed.

any body have problems with slow charging now or not holding passwords since 4.3 update starting see more problems than before ?

Nope but im on the new digiblur 4.3 rom Ive unofficially named it coziblur 4.3 due to cozibacks huge part im making it happen. Its a beautiful rom fast smooth battery is insane I can get 12 hrs of HEAVY use, no hicups for me yet. Ive been on it since Friday.

Sent from my CoziBlured4.3 gn2 using Taptalk pro

• 2 weeks later...

It took about 3 months but Sprint pushed 2011 PRL to my phone.  Updated the hiddenmenu.apk file and updated it back to 24016.

Is there some way to freeze an app to prevent an automatic PRL update in the future?  Edit: I think I found the answer:

Freeze system update and Sprint DM services

soooo why does mine run 800 fine on the custom prls???

You can make and receive calls on 1X 800 and the call stays on 800? If so, you may have one of the GN2's that doesn't seem effected. My GN2 would not work on 800. It would connect and sit on the channel. But SMS and voice calls would not work. If the 800 signal was weak enough, it would drop me over to 1900 to make an out going call.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

You can make and receive calls on 1X 800 and the call stays on 800? If so, you may have one of the GN2's that doesn't seem effected. My GN2 would not work on 800. It would connect and sit on the channel. But SMS and voice calls would not work. If the 800 signal was weak enough, it would drop me over to 1900 to make an out going call.

I just recently started using custom PRL's again, and it seems that the 1X 800 is okay where I am. I haven't noticed any issues with it on my GN2 and it seems to hold on to the signal and not fall to 1900.

Well then that makes sense when 800 1st hit out here last week...

when it was a weak signal it was crackly and i was wondering "why is everyone saying 800 is so great?"  and in some cases wasnt making calls....

now that its all over, it seems fine....still a little "off" sounding but not really worse then 1900....more so if it stays under -105

I just recently started using custom PRL's again, and it seems that the 1X 800 is okay where I am. I haven't noticed any issues with it on my GN2 and it seems to hold on to the signal and not fall to 1900.

You must have lucked out, as well. My GN2 has never been able to make/receive calls or send/receive texts while on 1X800, only on 1900. :(

You must have lucked out, as well. My GN2 has never been able to make/receive calls or send/receive texts while on 1X800, only on 1900. :(

Oh really? :/

I've been experimenting with 1X800 to see if it'll be more reliable than my Airave. 1900 has never really worked here so if 800 is stable enough, I might send it back to Sprint.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 HD.

800 seems to work fine for me. I bought mine on launch day, if we want to compare production times.

I bought mine on launch day too. Titanium Gray in Santa Fe, NM. Doesn't work on CDMA 800, and I've tested it on Ericsson, ALU and Samsung NV 800 signals.

It will connect to Channel 476. But it will not call out. Receive calls. Or SMS. If the 800 signal is weak, it will shunt me over to 1900 to make a call.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

all good on 1x 800 here for me as well while on lte or erphd can do it all. It is actually seems to be improving with time. Call quality suffers when the signal is bad but so does 1900. I think the big thing is range, if your connected to a tower 20 miles away you shouldn't expect high call quality. You can connect sure but it will be crackly. Now that they have brought on a significant amount of 1x 800 sites that quality should improve. My 2 cents. I'm so happy now with my gN2 I have a n5 paper weight.

Sent from my CoziBlurred4.3 gN2

On call on 800 uvady5u8.jpg

I guess the 'problem' will never be corrected then since it is a per-phone issue based on above.

I've been on 800 all day in WI and Chicago and no issues with texts either.

Sorry to the unfortunate ones!