Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

I was hoping to revert back to the newer HiddenMenu.apk since my custom PRL is already installed on the phone.  I have the 4.3 update ZIP and found HiddenMenu.apk.p within it, but I don't know how to extract it.  Not sure if any of my recent TitaniumBackups would have them stored away?

Those are patches... imgdiff's between the two files.  You would have needed to backup before you wrote it.

Those are patches... imgdiff's between the two files.  You would have needed to backup before you wrote it.

Well, that's just great... I don't have a backup. :P
Now my Changelog Droid app is notifying me that there is an update for HiddenMenu.apk. -.-

Screenshot_2013-11-25-19-14-26.jpg
*Bad coloring due to Lux app

Well, that's just great... I don't have a backup. :P

Now my Changelog Droid app is notifying me that there is an update for HiddenMenu.apk. -.-

Posted Image

*Bad coloring due to Lux app

Never seen that app.. I am sure someone can post their copy of the Xda. I would like to see it too.

Never seen that app.. I am sure someone can post their copy of the Xda. I would like to see it too.

Ask and you shall receive:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y8e0kxhxiedgm5h/4.3-MK4-HiddenMenu.apk

TitaniumBackup does keep a backup (thankfully) listed as: IOTHiddenMenu 4.3-L900VPUBMK4.  So basically, I restored the file, dumped it to SD and uploaded for you to mess with. ;)

Basically everything on this post is what I followed: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=47768329&postcount=67

The post has you visit SXTP-Developers to reflash your phone back to MC2 stock... I used "SPH-L900_MC2_Stock_Nodata.exe" to revert my phone back to stock (recovery, ROM, etc) and it also keeps my data.  Reboot phone so you can verify if it's stable.

Then I placed the file "USER_L900_SPT_MC2_to_MK4_Update_FWD.zip" from the first post of the thread to the root of my external SD card.  I then rebooted into recovery and finally flashed the update from external SD.   Phone should reboot and check apps, then it'll be done.

Now for me, I still have all my apps and settings and I never had to wipe all my data and start from scratch, so I feel I lucked out.  Just make sure you have some sort of backup or nandroid before doing any of this so you can revert back in case of bad things.

Good luck.

Thanks.  I actually had to use the version that wipes everything out.  I couldn't get the update to apply, even after doing a data wipe after installing the no data wipe version!  Strange.  You were lucky! (or I just unucky but doing a clean install isn't the end of the world)  My system was relatively mod-free except for basic root and the PRL write flash.

• Like 1

I'm not seeing the PRL write function after flashing the unhide ZIP. Hmm.

Which one did you flash? I did version MA7 and it worked for me. If you flash anything older than that, then yah, it probably won't work.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 HD.

Which one did you flash? I did version MA7 and it worked for me. If you flash anything older than that, then yah, it probably won't work.

That's what I am using.  I do see an unable to verify signature red line in recovery.  Also, you have removed KNOX already, right?  I haven't.

That's what I am using.  I do see an unable to verify signature red line in recovery.  Also, you have removed KNOX already, right?  I haven't.

You'll need a custom recovery to flash anything like that.  Otherwise you can pop in the APK manually with a root file explorer into system/app, just make sure you fix the permissions.

You'll need a custom recovery to flash anything like that.  Otherwise you can pop in the APK manually with a root file explorer into system/app, just make sure you fix the permissions.

Ok, thanks.  I was able to flash before without a custom recovery but I probably was rooted.

That's what I am using. I do see an unable to verify signature red line in recovery. Also, you have removed KNOX already, right? I haven't.

Yup, no more Knox. I was reading the changelog for today's release of SuperSU, and it looks like they figured a way to suppress those annoying messages from Knox. Personally, I'm not going to put back Knox to see if it does work as it says, but it's nice to know that there is something for someone who might not feel comfortable in deleting system files.

SamMobile.com has posted the full version of the MK4 update

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=22322

You must be a registered user

Edit in: just a hotfile link....

http://www.hotfile.com/dl/256658926/bef3889/L900VPUBMK4_L900SPTBMK4_SPR.zip.html

• Like 1

Rooted, tried copying it manually, but nothing comes up when I put in ##DATA#.  Put original back, comes up fine.  Any ideas?  Maybe it needs to be updated somehow?  Work your magic :)

Fixed permissions also, unless this one requires special that the old one didn't have.

Rooted, tried copying it manually, but nothing comes up when I put in ##DATA#. Put original back, comes up fine. Any ideas? Maybe it needs to be updated somehow? Work your magic :)

Fixed permissions also, unless this one requires special that the old one didn't have.

Sounds weird that someone else said the older one works when flashed via recovery.

Sounds weird that someone else said the older one works when flashed via recovery.

Yup, that person was me.

Rooted, tried copying it manually, but nothing comes up when I put in ##DATA#. Put original back, comes up fine. Any ideas? Maybe it needs to be updated somehow? Work your magic :)

You need to flash version MA7 within recovery. The other versions won't work... I tried.

• 2 weeks later...

Huh... I reported in the Nexus 5 forum that a new version of Roam Control was recently released and added N5 support. It looks as though it may have quietly (ie. FINALLY) added Note 2 support as well. I tried messing around with the different options and it works under the Samsung GS4 option under phone manufacture. I haven't tested on older versions other the newest that was just released (4.3-MK4).

Image:

Screenshot_2013-12-08-21-30-34.jpg

(I'm sitting literally inches from my Airave 2.5 when this shot was taken) ;)

• Like 1

Huh... I reported in the Nexus 5 forum that a new version of Roam Control was recently released and added N5 support. It looks as though it may have quietly (ie. FINALLY) added Note 2 support as well. I tried messing around with the different options and it works under the Samsung GS4 option under phone manufacture. I haven't tested on older versions other the newest that was just released (4.3-MK4).

Thank you!  It does appear to work.  Also, it rescans for 800 SMR also when you go back to regular mode!

Image:

Posted Image

I can confirm new roam control works for the note 2. I set the phone manufacturer to the s4 and when I roam and go back to auto it connects to 800 smr!! Too bad note 2 don't have triband

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Thank you!  It does appear to work.  Also, it rescans for 800 SMR also when you go back to regular mode!

I can confirm new roam control works for the note 2. I set the phone manufacturer to the s4 and when I roam and go back to auto it connects to 800 smr!! Too bad note 2 don't have triband

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Are you both running 4.3 (MK4) or something older?