Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

Question..  what would be the best way on the Note II to force it to scan for 800 when it is currently on 1900?  I know usually you do a PRL update and that would force the phone to rescan.  We can't do that on our Note II because that will install a non-800 PRL.  Go through the ##DATA# and update PRL that way?  The SignalCheck App doesn't seem to work for selecting frequency on this phone.

I do have the sponsor 800-priority PRL installed but there are times (like at work) that it will hang on to a weaker 800 signal while a much stronger 1900 signal is nearby.  I would like to avoid using that PRL for that reason!

Thanks!

Question..  what would be the best way on the Note II to force it to scan for 800 when it is currently on 1900?  I know usually you do a PRL update and that would force the phone to rescan.  We can't do that on our Note II because that will install a non-800 PRL.  Go through the ##DATA# and update PRL that way?  The SignalCheck App doesn't seem to work for selecting frequency on this phone.

I do have the sponsor 800-priority PRL installed but there are times (like at work) that it will hang on to a weaker 800 signal while a much stronger 1900 signal is nearby.  I would like to avoid using that PRL for that reason!

Thanks!

You pretty much summed it up.  You can't besides maybe throwing the device into a faraday cage to make it rescan then removing it just the right moment when it is scanning for 800 and not 1900. 

And ooo....never pick the frequency thing on your phone.  There's no way to get it back to Automatic on some devices short of a complete factory reset with reactivation.

And ooo....never pick the frequency thing on your phone.  There's no way to get it back to Automatic on some devices short of a complete factory reset with reactivation.

Thankfully the SignalCheck app blocks it from even attempting on the Note II.  Good thing because I didn;t know of that problem :)

Mee too.... wondering... given that is supposed to be lots of mb's... will been on wifi help? just wondering?

It's completely random, roll outs start slow, then ramp up

when u need testers let me know I'm down.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Waiting to see how it plays out with the folks who took the update and them get a base to work with.  I would do it but if I brick my device I would have a shiny Epic 4G to sport for a while and that would be PAINFUL!!  We've waited this long for things and I'm not going to rush it just for a few changes here and there. 

• Like 1

Waiting to see how it plays out with the folks who took the update and them get a base to work with. I would do it but if I brick my device I would have a shiny Epic 4G to sport for a while and that would be PAINFUL!! We've waited this long for things and I'm not going to rush it just for a few changes here and there.

oh me too i don't miss that thing. I could use a epic 2 we have in the phone basket as well I suppose but that's a beast lol! No rush I like the current ROM so when your ready I'll play quinine pig.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

thx for your response.

sorry to bother but i never did this , so i downloaded to my computer then drag to my phone?

Make sure you put it on your sdcard and then shut down the phone. Make sure the file is still a zip, not unzipped. Do the 3 button power up by pressing volume up-home button-power button. Select upgrade from the sdcsrd in the menu, when you see the red triangle in the open Android robot's chest. Touch the screen, and your phone will update.

• Like 1

Make sure you put it on your sdcard and then shut down the phone. Make sure the file is still a zip, not unzipped. Do the 3 button power up by pressing volume up-home button-power button. Select upgrade from the sdcsrd in the menu, when you see the red triangle in the open Android robot's chest. Touch the screen, and your phone will update.

again, thank you . will try soon.

Waiting to see how it plays out with the folks who took the update and them get a base to work with. I would do it but if I brick my device I would have a shiny Epic 4G to sport for a while and that would be PAINFUL!! We've waited this long for things and I'm not going to rush it just for a few changes here and there.

Well if you need a tester, count me in. I have two other devices I could go back to if need be. Plus, if it kills my Note 2, it'll be my push to buy a Nexus 5. ;)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 HD.

everything went smooth thx...