Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

I have basic root, no bootloader.  Update fails, I suppose I'll have to flash back to full stock then update, unless someone knows a workaround. :(  (I know that I'll likely lose root for now)

Just wait for a stock rooted or when digi gets his hands on a de-odex rooted base, he'll make it sweet!!!

Been keeping an eye on things and it looks like they are close on things. No spare Note2 to play with here :(

I'll lend you my spare Viper to use while you work!

The game needs you mang.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

What's the deal with Knox built into 4.3? No Root? Voids warranty flag? Causes scurvy?

I just reverted back to stock and installed that .zip file from XDA to get to 4.3.  I don't see the Knox app at all in my app drawer. 

Edit: Nevermind... I'm getting these annoying security pop-ups whenever I try to install SuperSU and if my apps try to access root.  Looked it up and it has to do with Knox. :td:

I had thought it had its own app icon? Anyway, doesn't matter now... got my phone rooted, removed Knox, and those annoying security popups.

What are the steps you used for that? XDA thread you can point me to?

Also, does anyone know if the PRL write patch works on the new update?

What are the steps you used for that? XDA thread you can point me to? Also, does anyone know if the PRL write patch works on the new update?

Basically everything on this post is what I followed: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=47768329&postcount=67

The post has you visit SXTP-Developers to reflash your phone back to MC2 stock... I used "SPH-L900_MC2_Stock_Nodata.exe" to revert my phone back to stock (recovery, ROM, etc) and it also keeps my data.  Reboot phone so you can verify if it's stable.

Then I placed the file "USER_L900_SPT_MC2_to_MK4_Update_FWD.zip" from the first post of the thread to the root of my external SD card.  I then rebooted into recovery and finally flashed the update from external SD.   Phone should reboot and check apps, then it'll be done.

Now for me, I still have all my apps and settings and I never had to wipe all my data and start from scratch, so I feel I lucked out.  Just make sure you have some sort of backup or nandroid before doing any of this so you can revert back in case of bad things.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Basically everything on this post is what I followed: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=47768329&postcount=67

The post has you visit SXTP-Developers to reflash your phone back to MC2 stock... I used "SPH-L900_MC2_Stock_Nodata.exe" to revert my phone back to stock (recovery, ROM, etc) and it also keeps my data. Reboot phone so you can verify if it's stable.

Then I placed the file "USER_L900_SPT_MC2_to_MK4_Update_FWD.zip" from the first post of the thread to the root of my external SD card. I then rebooted into recovery and finally flashed the update from external SD. Phone should reboot and check apps, then it'll be done.

Now for me, I still have all my apps and settings and I never had to wipe all my data and start from scratch, so I feel I lucked out. Just make sure you have some sort of backup or nandroid before doing any of this so you can revert back in case of bad things.

Good luck.

Does the Signal Check shortcut to the Samsung hidden menu to get to where you can see the LTE PCID still work?

Does the Signal Check shortcut to the Samsung hidden menu to get to where you can see the LTE PCID still work?

Nope, not working for me. The menu never even pops open. Might need to poke at Mike for a fix.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 HD.

Nope, not working for me. The menu never even pops open. Might need to poke at Mike for a fix.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 HD.

I actually told Mike about it. Make sure you tell him so he knows who is affected.

Here is my post in the tread.

Probably wasn't supposed to do this, but I flashed digi's Unhide PRL (MA7) and it works. I was able to access the PRL write function and write one of the custom PRL's in the Premiere Sponsors forum. The reason I say I shouldn't have done this is now I feel like there are less options in the Debug menu and Data menu.

Edit: Hmm, seems to have "FIXED" the IOTHiddenMenu shortcut within' SignalCheck.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 2

Probably wasn't supposed to do this, but I flashed digi's Unhide PRL (MA7) and it works. I was able to access the PRL write function and write one of the custom PRL's in the Premiere Sponsors forum. The reason I say I shouldn't have done this is now I feel like there are less options in the Debug menu and Data menu.

Edit: Hmm, seems to have "FIXED" the IOTHiddenMenu shortcut within' SignalCheck.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 using Tapatalk 4

That's good to know.. I know in the latest S3 4.1 update they removed the prl write option totally and didn't just hide it. Glad to see I can put the old one back and the baseband still supports the write.

That's good to know.. I know in the latest S3 4.1 update they removed the prl write option totally and didn't just hide it. Glad to see I can put the old one back and the baseband still supports the write.

I was hoping to revert back to the newer HiddenMenu.apk since my custom PRL is already installed on the phone.  I have the 4.3 update ZIP and found HiddenMenu.apk.p within it, but I don't know how to extract it.  Not sure if any of my recent TitaniumBackups would have them stored away?