Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

I bought mine on launch day too. Titanium Gray in Santa Fe, NM. Doesn't work on CDMA 800, and I've tested it on Ericsson, ALU and Samsung NV 800 signals.

It will connect to Channel 476. But it will not call out. Receive calls. Or SMS. If the 800 signal is weak, it will shunt me over to 1900 to make a call.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hmm, mine is also Titanium Gray, but I didn't buy it until the end of December, 2012.

• Like 1

hum wonder if we could squeeze for a discount on a new one due to the issue????

I highly doubt it.  In talking with TRV support, I asked about the PRL change and what was being done, all they said was that the PRL was changed because of call quality issues and they are working on a resolution, but no ETA.

I highly doubt it.  In talking with TRV support, I asked about the PRL change and what was being done, all they said was that the PRL was changed because of call quality issues and they are working on a resolution, but no ETA.

I doubt it will be fixed.  There's just no clear defined way to do it with some phones working and some not.  Just push it under the rug and the problem will go away in a few years.  If you want to enable it yourself then you'll have to do your own PRL loading thing.

• Like 2

I doubt it will be fixed.  There's just no clear defined way to do it with some phones working and some not.  Just push it under the rug and the problem will go away in a few years.  If you want to enable it yourself then you'll have to do your own PRL loading thing.

I mean it works...kinda...now that i am paying more attention to it...there is a drop in call quality...though i havent used any newer phones to compare it with, now that most towers are 800 live here...

I just really like the phone overall...and wished it had a fix, and was triband...wishing wishing....and now that i have 1 i like...the next one i get will probably suck <_<  <_<  <_<

just because i like this one so much....the size, and everything is just right......sigh

• 2 weeks later...

I mean it works...kinda...now that i am paying more attention to it...there is a drop in call quality...though i havent used any newer phones to compare it with, now that most towers are 800 live here...

I have to agree with you.  Normally it works OK but if the 800 signal is low, the call quality for me on 800 is worse than 1900, at least on my Note II.

Since 1900 signal has improved since NV, I may actually just accept the blocked PRL...

I have to agree with you.  Normally it works OK but if the 800 signal is low, the call quality for me on 800 is worse than 1900, at least on my Note II.

Since 1900 signal has improved since NV, I may actually just accept the blocked PRL...

you can bounce back and forth between prls pretty easy i have found....

or rather the one from digi and the stock one....   its REALLY easy actually

you can bounce back and forth between prls pretty easy i have found....

or rather the one from digi and the stock one....   its REALLY easy actually

Keep the TEST.prl on the root of your internal storage, then use PRL Write and PRL Update to flip flop :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Had a strange thing happen to the Note 2 this past Monday. It rebooted by itself and stayed on the boot screen showing Samsung Galaxy Note 2. It just stayed there. I pull the battery and rebooted and same thing. This particular device isn't rooted nor did I install anything to it recently.

I'm going to have to take it in to have it checked. I also noticed that lately this one, even after plugging in at night to charge, by morning it sometimes isn't charged.

Followup:

For some reason the LCD got damaged. So only options was to do the insurance thing or get another device. I went the other device route and got me a LG G2 on swappa. Gonna miss the pen though to be honest, but I need a triband phone.

TS

• Like 1

How do you wipe a note 2 completely, like just bought out of the box New? Ice done the factory reset and a (hold power vol and home) reset. But it still shows the phone number and the account email thing, asking this for a friend. She is scared someone's gonna get her number or account stuff. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

Had a strange thing happen to the Note 2 this past Monday. It rebooted by itself and stayed on the boot screen showing Samsung Galaxy Note 2. It just stayed there. I pull the battery and rebooted and same thing. This particular device isn't rooted nor did I install anything to it recently.

Followup:

For some reason the LCD got damaged. So only options was to do the insurance thing or get another device. I went the other device route and got me a LG G2 on swappa. Gonna miss the pen though to be honest, but I need a triband phone.

TS

Sorry to hear.. Otherwise I was going to say take the SD card out if you have one in.. Had one fail and my phone acted really weird, kept getting stuck at Samsung screen.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Yeah I know, I was hoping it was anything other than the LCD screen, but eh what can you do. Although I bought a LG G2 last wed, it still hasn't arrived. It drives me nuts that folks on swappa just don't give you a tracking number.  :angry: As for the sd card, my better half kept everything on the phone side and most pics were already up in the cloud.

TS

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to hear.. Otherwise I was going to say take the SD card out if you have one in.. Had one fail and my phone acted really weird, kept getting stuck at Samsung screen.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Same thing happened to mine this last weekend. Although i thought it was the phone. Did a wipe and reload. and did not discover SD card was corrupt until i try to reload apps that use the SD card and the install failed.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone's Note II battery draining faster than usual recently?  Google Search seems to have a lot of wakelocks.  And I have location history turned off.

I know I can disable Google Now, but it seems like this has been a recent problem.  Battery drains 50+% doing nothing at work where Sprint signal is high.

Update: Appears to be the current version of my Pebble watch software (which others have had issues with, too).  90% at 3:50PM, that's better..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not just the note 2 having battery issues that of late. I have seen thus pop up with in Nexus 5 and Note 3 groups that I remember specifically and a few more that I forgot whichever phone it was. Some do nothing and in a few days its back to normal.

Sent from Nexus 5

I switched to OmniRom weeks ago and I get superb battery life, plus I don't get the bloat that Samsung puts into their ROMs. I miss the ability to update my PRL, but other than that, it runs well, very stable, and no TouchWiz to contend with. :tu:

Sent from my Omni-ized Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk.

• 2 weeks later...

Ubergizmo has an article today that Gal Note 2 Kit Kat updates have begun to roll out from Sprint. Software version is now L900VPUBNE2.

Do any of you have it? Was it worth waiting for? And just how bad is it to have the use of the external micro sd storage curtailed for all apps?

A friend of mine has the GN3 and was chagrined to find all the apps that he had moved to external memory had reverted back! I watched him try to move several back and the most he acheived was a few hundred megabytes out of gigbyte apps.