Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

Heh, I wonder if this update includes Knox 2.0 and an updated bootloader?  I fell for 4.3 and got my bootloader updated so I can't go back.  I think I'll stick with Omni until I hear confirmation on these things.  :nono:

• Like 1

So what do you think of the Gal W? Are you going to trade in your GNII for one of these "small" phones? (Assuming they ever come to the US)

/s

Heh, I wonder if this update includes Knox 2.0 and an updated bootloader?  I fell for 4.3 and got my bootloader updated so I can't go back.  I think I'll stick with Omni until I hear confirmation on these things.  :nono:

I'm going to wipe and go back to 4.3 stock and then take the upgrade.  I'll let you know

• Like 1

Any thoughts on the upgrade from users?  Seems to be mostly cosmetic changes, and multi window enhancements.

I manually loaded the update (after I flashed back to 4.3 stock because I was rooted).

I'm liking the update, on full stock getting better battery and no "oddities"

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Wishful thinking, but I wonder if anything was done to address the 1x800 issue. What PRL does your phone show? Still 2015?

It has been mentioned before that PRL is device type specific. They can't tell what ROM you are using. So if somehow 1x800 is approved for everyone with the new ROM/radio firmware, they wouldn't do a PRL change until everyone would have received the new ROM.

It has been mentioned before that PRL is device type specific. They can't tell what ROM you are using. So if somehow 1x800 is approved for everyone, they wouldn't do a PRL change until everyone would have received the new ROM.

Makes sense.

Still on custom 512

513 here. Runs great in this market for me!

Sent from my CoziBlurred4.3 gN2

Unfortunately, my device has never worked on 1x800, so I don't get to play with 512 or 513. Oh well. Thanks anyway!

Makes sense.

Unfortunately, my device has never worked on 1x800, so I don't get to play with 512 or 513. Oh well. Thanks anyway!

Mine works, though if the 1x800 signal isn't high, it seems low 1900 reception is better than a 1x800 signal that might be slightly stronger.  I'm not sure if that is my phone or if that is the case on other phones.  So maybe you aren't missing anything!

Seems to work well if the signal is strong though.

Can I still get the update even tho the phone is not active on my acct but using Wi-Fi?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I don't see why not.  I recently got my Nexus 5 update and it wasn't activated either.  Other option is Kies if you want to install that on your computer.

I don't see why not. I recently got my Nexus 5 update and it wasn't activated either. Other option is Kies if you want to install that on your computer.

Or side load the update via stock recovery

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Need the Sprint Base so I can rip it apart. ;)

I'd help if I knew how to get you what you need lol. My phone has promoted me but I don't want to break it with the update.

I'd help if I knew how to get you what you need lol. My phone has promoted me but I don't want to break it with the update.

I'm keeping my eyes out. I'd rather not use the VZW port or the base only.

I'm keeping my eyes out. I'd rather not use the VZW port or the base only.

So you want the sprint factory image? Or something to that extent?

So you want the sprint factory image? Or something to that extent?

Yep.

• Like 1