Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

Just fyi,, cm 10.1 aka Android 4.3 is now available over at xda. Word is a substantial improvement in battery life and only big issue to overcome is Bluetooth at this point with the test build.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

Update to my issue. Went to a Shentel Sprint store and they told me it is a known issue in their area. They tried through tech support to push a programming update to the device but it kept failing. They ended up exchanging my device which I didn't think would make a difference but it actually did. I am picking up 800mhz and I'm still on prl 2000. However it's picking it up on roaming. When I go into areas that my previous note would drop calls, my new phone will switch to roaming and my Signal Check app will chime that I'm on 800. Not the way I want to pickup 800 but I'll take what I can get. It's a big improvement over my last note and I haven't dropped a call yet. Now the only thing I need to check on is if it's showing up as roaming on my account.

Update to my issue. Went to a Shentel Sprint store and they told me it is a known issue in their area. They tried through tech support to push a programming update to the device but it kept failing. They ended up exchanging my device which I didn't think would make a difference but it actually did. I am picking up 800mhz and I'm still on prl 2000. However it's picking it up on roaming. When I go into areas that my previous note would drop calls, my new phone will switch to roaming and my Signal Check app will chime that I'm on 800. Not the way I want to pickup 800 but I'll take what I can get. It's a big improvement over my last note and I haven't dropped a call yet. Now the only thing I need to check on is if it's showing up as roaming on my account.

Post the 1x engineering screens with the channel number and SID otherwise I call that a fluke. There's no 800smr in the 2xxx PRLs, as that's the whole point of them.

I think the reason they did these PRLs is all due to Shentel areas as it worked fine in Ericsson, Samsung, and Alcatel-Lucent areas.

• Like 1

Yeah it's definitely strange. Maybe you can make some sense out of my screen shots. It switches to roaming (800mhz) during a call and also anytime I send out a text. I pickup a good 1X signal also and that's what the phone initiates the call on before it switches. It's definitely a huge improvement over my previous Note, which would just drop the call with a strong 1X signal. post-7839-0-46734900-1375815462_thumb.pngpost-7839-0-87948500-1375815490_thumb.pngpost-7839-0-53259200-1375815520_thumb.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any word on 800 CDMA fixes for the Note 2?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

I don't think we'll see anything until an update from Samsung leaks with a new Radio.  The "sextape" group isn't really leaking the images anymore, so we are kinda just waiting for an official release.

• Like 1

Any word on 800 CDMA fixes for the Note 2?

I wouldn't worry about it as 800SMR isn't work on any phones in several Ericsson markets I've heard from.  Basically you don't want it right now anyways as it blocks all your phone calls.  Sprint thinks there's no issue with it.

I wouldn't worry about it as 800SMR isn't work on any phones in several Ericsson markets I've heard from.  Basically you don't want it right now anyways as it blocks all your phone calls.  Sprint thinks there's no issue with it.

800SMR used to have problems in March with calls/texts not going through, but since July SMR has had no problems on any of the sites I've used throughout the Kansas City market. Just an FYI.

800SMR used to have problems in March with calls/texts not going through, but since July SMR has had no problems on any of the sites I've used throughout the Kansas City market. Just an FYI.

They finally fixed it after the 6 day outage here. Works good now even on the Note2 with the latest baseband.

• Like 2

Anyone having issues with their Note 2 locking up using sensorly/LTE discovery?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I have seen it at times. I believe it was LTE discovery causing it

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I run digiblur '' rom for my daily driver. Is it feasible to do a nanroid (sp) back up of it backing up both data and cache to the SD card, install Cm 10.2 8/30 build and signal check pro, do the full cache and data backup image also and be able to go to a new site get the 3 digit style numbers reflash to Cm 10 get the HEX sale numbers and then flash back to Digiblurs rom easily? I'm not sure if the are too different to do that or not. I went from stock back and forth to digiblur's easy enough when tracking down a app that caused issues.

• 4 weeks later...

So I flashed one of the sponsor prls and have had issues with smr, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I'm in an Ericsson market, Albuquerque to be exact. Has there be any news on smr and the note 2. Is it likely the tower and not just my phone? I've read up on the issue in this forum, but was curious if anyone had any new insight.

So I flashed one of the sponsor prls and have had issues with smr, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I'm in an Ericsson market, Albuquerque to be exact. Has there be any news on smr and the note 2. Is it likely the tower and not just my phone? I've read up on the issue in this forum, but was curious if anyone had any new insight.

I have not been able to get my Note 2 EVER to be able to use SMR 800 successfully. The few times I thought it did, it actually shunted me over to CDMA 1900.

And I tried all three vendors. I couldn't get CDMA 800 to work on my Note 2 on Ericsson in New Mexico, Samsung in Colorado or Alcatel Lucent in Phoenix. It will park there on Channel 476 just fine, but all my outgoing texts and calls fail after 2 minutes of trying. And incoming calls never ring through. And incoming texts pile up and wait for me to get back on PCS. Unless I use Google Voice Text.

My wife's LGOG2 seems fine. If my Note 2 has a -96dBm signal on 1X 800 or worse, it will switch me over to 1X 1900 to make a call or text. If it's better than that, it will just fail and fail and fail.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have not been able to get my Note 2 EVER to be able to use SMR 800 successfully. The few times I thought it did, it actually shunted me over to CDMA 1900.

And I tried all three vendors. I couldn't get CDMA 800 to work on my Note 2 on Ericsson in New Mexico, Samsung in Colorado or Alcatel Lucent in Phoenix. It will park there on Channel 476 just fine, but all my outgoing texts and calls fail after 2 minutes of trying. And incoming calls never ring through. And incoming texts pile up and wait for me to get back on PCS. Unless I use Google Voice Text.

My wife's LGOG2 seems fine. If my Note 2 has a -96dBm signal on 1X 800 or worse, it will switch me over to 1X 1900 to make a call or text. If it's better than that, it will just fail and fail and fail.

I've had mine work here in Utah a Samsung market. But I'm running a premier sponsor prl.

I've had mine work here in Utah a Samsung market. But I'm running a premier sponsor prl.

Watch your connections and make sure it is not shunting you to 1900 when you think you're using 800. If I wasn't watching closely, I would have thought I was staying on 800.

Also. I've run several of Digiblur's PRL's, all to no avail for me. It is possible it is a problem with my unit. It's possible that the problem is with only certain manufacture runs of the GN3. Not sure of anything at this point.

Watch your connections and make sure it is not shunting you to 1900 when you think you're using 800. If I wasn't watching closely, I would have thought I was staying on 800.

Also. I've run several of Digiblur's PRL's, all to no avail for me. It is possible it is a problem with my unit. It's possible that the problem is with only certain manufacture runs of the GN3. Not sure of anything at this point.

What confuses me is that mine will sometimes make a call/text and sometimes not while connected to smr. My gut is telling me if my phone was somehow faulty that it would never work. It's just really weird and I hope it's resolved soon. I wonder if there is anything we can do as far as making a claim with Samsung, although they would probably just push it off on Sprint which may be the source of the problem anyways.

I'll be down I that area later this week and I'll see what it does. I was on lte as well at the time?

Guess what. My note 2 just had a prl update to 2006 not sure if that allows 1x800 tho. I'm in a Samsung market. Northern wi.

I live in a Samsung market with 800SMR.  I've been able to pick up 800SMR on digi's PRL and then updated PRL to 2006... looks like 800SMR is still blocked.  Switched back to digi's PRL, 800SMR is picking up again.  No fix yet.  :td:

• Like 1